Liberty Mutual car insurance is best for low-risk drivers looking for comprehensive coverage options and accessible features. The company also offers an excellent digital experience that ensures convenience for customers who wish to manage their insurance policies easily. Liberty Mutual is also financially stable enough to reliably pay out claims. However, customer satisfaction ratings are low to average. If customer service is crucial to you, consider comparing quotes from multiple carriers to find the best option for you.
Auto Insurance Review: Liberty Mutual
The main advantage of Liberty Mutual is choice. The company offers various coverage types, including specialized options. There are also opportunities to earn savings through discount programs. However, Liberty Mutual car insurance may not be the best and cheapest option for high-risk drivers. The company has also garnered poor to average results in terms of customer satisfaction.
How Does Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance Rate?
Finding the best car insurance companies require you to consider various factors. Third-party industry experts like J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) can help you make sense of each insurance provider's strengths and weaknesses. These ratings show that Liberty Mutual is poor to mediocre in customer service but good in financial strength.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
Based on data provided by J.D. Power, Liberty Mutual earns a score of 821 out of 1,000 for customer satisfaction. Considering that the industry average score is 835, Liberty Mutual's score is subpar compared to the typical insurer. J.D. Power's data was also integrated into these star ratings, giving you a feel for the company's reputation in several specific areas.
Customer Complaint Ratio
Another way to check the customer service of an insurance company is to look at its NAIC score. The NAIC reports the average complaints a company has received in a given year. Liberty Mutual scored 3.56, which is over three times higher than the national median complaint ratio of 1.
An insurance carrier's financial strength refers to its ability to meet its ongoing obligations and pay legitimate claims from policyholders. AM Best ranks insurers on financial strength using a rating system. According to this reputable source, Liberty Mutual gets an A rating, meaning the company has a strong financial standing. However, keep in mind that this rating is only an estimate and not a warranty on a company’s actual financial strength.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Features
A wide variety of coverage options and accessible features are what sets Liberty Mutual auto insurance apart from its competitors. Customers can use online and mobile tools to complete transactions and calculate premiums without hassle.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- CalculatorsCalculate the cost of your premium with the help of the company’s online calculator tool.
- Online Price QuotesGet a personalized quote through the company’s website.
- Online Bill PayCustomers can opt to pay their bills online or through the mobile app.
- Online ClaimsFile claims and monitor their status online or through the mobile app.
- Mobile AppDownload the Liberty Mutual Mobile app to manage your policy, call emergency Roadside Assistance, electronically sign documents and learn more about your insurance plan.
Liberty Mutual Auto Coverage
Even for a standard-coverage plan, Liberty Mutual offers many options. Depending on your needs, circumstances and budget, you may decide to purchase a state minimum, liability insurance or full coverage plan.
- Type of CoverageDescription
- CollisionCovers damages to your care after a collision or rollover, regardless of who is at fault.
- LiabilityCovers bodily injuries and property damage caused by a car accident in which you are at fault.
Optional Insurance Features and Coverage
Liberty Mutual lets customers customize their insurance policies. Depending on your needs, you can choose add-ons like roadside assistance, rental reimbursement, new car replacement, better car replacement, and more.
- Type of OptionDescription
- Rental ReimbursementPolicyholders with comprehensive coverage can add rental reimbursement to cover car rental expenses.
- Roadside AssistanceServices for car breakdowns, such as towing, jump-starting batteries, changing flat tires and unlocking doors.
- Accident ForgivenessAutomatically awarded to policyholders who have a clean driving history for five years.
- New CarReplaces new cars that are totaled in an accident. Suitable for vehicles less than a year old that have fewer than 15,000 miles on them.
- Gap CoveragePays the difference if your car gets totaled and you owe more on your lease or loan than the car’s actual worth.
Available Discounts on Liberty Mutual Car Insurance Coverage
Liberty Mutual car insurance offers many discounts you can bundle together to get maximum savings on your premiums. Qualifications for discounts may differ and rely on your characteristics and circumstances.
- Type of DiscountDescription
- Safe DriverPremium reduction for drivers who maintain an accident- and violation-free driving history.
- Good StudentFor students under the age of 25 who have at least a B average.
- Multi VehicleFor policyholders that have more than one vehicle on their auto insurance policy.
- MilitaryDiscount for current and former members of the military.
- Multi PolicyReduce your auto insurance premium if you bundle it with other Liberty Mutual insurance policies.
Other Liberty Mutual Insurance Products
Individuals looking for other types of insurance products can also find options from Liberty Mutual. If you decide to purchase any of these plans, consider bundling them with your Liberty Mutual auto insurance for a discount.
- Type of ProductDescription
- Homeowners InsuranceProtects you from financial burden after property damage or theft.
- Renters InsuranceCovers your personal belongings and includes liability coverage for medical expenses and possible lawsuits.
- Umbrella InsuranceSupplements existing Liberty Mutual insurance policies with a higher limit.
- Condo InsuranceCovers your personal belongings and protects you against possible lawsuits if someone injures themselves in your condo unit.
- Landlord InsuranceProtects landlords in case of property damage. Includes liability protection and covers medical expenses.