How Much is Audi Insurance? Compare Quotes by Model
On average, insurance for Audi cars costs $1,802 a year. This is very pricey. However, the model of the Audi that you own determines the cost. As a result, MoneyGeek broke down pricing for major Audi models by model year and driver’s age.
Audi insurance costs can vary widely based on the model. For example, the Audi R8 luxury sports car is the most expensive to insure, averaging $2,770 a year. In contrast, an Audi Q5, the cheapest to insure, costs around $1,428 annually to insure. This is a difference of $1,342. MoneyGeek analyzed the insurance costs of all major models of Audi to show you their average rates and insurance providers that are the cheapest for your car.
How Much Audi Insurance Costs on Average - Summary by Model
The cost of car insurance might change based on a variety of factors. One factor insurers consider is the make of your car.
The table below demonstrates how Audi auto insurance quotes vary depending on the model that you drive:
- Audi Q5: $1,428 per year
- Audi e-tron: $1,459 per year
- Audi A4: $1,528 per year
- Audi R8: $2,770 per year
A higher MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price), higher repair costs or higher theft rates are all factors that contribute to increased insurance costs for various models. Because of their high horsepower and reputation as high-risk vehicles, sports car types tend to be more expensive to insure. Standard car models have a lower monetary worth, which means they are cheaper to insure.
Audi Annual Insurance Costs by Model
Scroll for more
Are Audis Expensive to Insure?
If you’re wondering how much it costs to insure an Audi, the average cost of insurance for all Audi models ranges from moderate to expensive depending on the model. Audi offers a number of different models, with insurance costs being more model-specific than brand-specific. MoneyGeek's analysis of four of Audi's most popular models revealed that two of them had high insurance premiums, while the other two had modest rates.
The Audi Q5 is the most affordable Audi model to insure, costing an average of $1,428 per year. Regardless, the insurance is moderately priced and cannot be characterized as cheap. Keep in mind that certain models have a higher insurance premium due to their higher worth, higher repair costs or higher theft rates.
At an average of $2,770 per year, the Audi R8 has the most expensive Audi car insurance. The higher rate is because it has a higher MSRP of $172,850, compared to the Audi Q5's $44,295 MSRP.
How Much is Insurance for an Audi R8?
The average annual insurance cost for an Audi R8 across all model years is $2,770. It is the most expensive to insure of the four Audi models studied by MoneyGeek. In general, insurance costs for this model are on the higher side.
Despite its high average insurance cost, Progressive offers a substantially lower insurance policy for the Audi R8 at an average rate of $1,299 per year. Allstate's average quote of $3,785 is, on the other hand, the most expensive for this model.
Audi R8 Annual Insurance Costs
Scroll for more
The cost of car insurance for an Audi R8 varies according to the model year, driver characteristics and the type of coverage desired.
- Depending on the model year of your Audi R8, car insurance premiums can range from around $1,870 to $3,471 each year.
- An 18-year-old driving an Audi R8 pays roughly $9,040 in insurance per year, which is approximately $6,270 more than what a 40-year-old driver pays.
- Even if cost is not a concern, MoneyGeek's ratings can help you find the best insurer for your Audi R8 based on rating, user satisfaction and financial stability.
How Much Is Insurance for an Audi A4?
Across all model years, the average yearly insurance cost for an Audi A4 is $1,528. It has the second-highest cost of insurance across the Audi models we analyzed. Additionally, the insurance costs for this model are higher than the average model.
With an average premium of $1,293 per year, GEICO offers the cheapest insurance policy for an Audi A4. However, Allstate's average quote of $1,918 is the most expensive for this model.
Audi A4 Annual Insurance Costs
Scroll for more
The cost of Audi A4 auto insurance varies according to the model year, driver characteristics and the type of coverage chosen.
- Car insurance prices for an Audi A4 can range from roughly $1,068 to $1,773 per year, depending on the model year of your car.
- An 18-year-old driver of an Audi A4 pays around $4,988 in annual insurance, which is around $3,460 more than what a 40-year-old driver pays.
- Even if cost isn’t your priority, MoneyGeek's ratings can help you choose the best insurance company for your Audi A4 based on claims ratings, user satisfaction and financial stability.
How Much Is Insurance for an Audi e-tron?
The average annual insurance cost for an Audi e-tron is $1,459, regardless of model year. This quote is moderately-priced in comparison to the insurance for an average automobile. It is the third most expensive Audi model analyzed by MoneyGeek to insure.
GEICO offers the most affordable generally available insurance policy for the Audi e-tron, with an average annual price of $1,242. The most expensive quote for this model comes from Allied, who charges an average of $2,087.
Audi e-tron Annual Insurance Costs
Scroll for more
The cost of Audi e-tron auto insurance varies depending on the model year, the driver characteristics and the type of coverage selected.
- The average insurance cost for an Audi e-tron is $1,459 per year. Depending on the model year of your Audi e-tron, its insurance premiums can change.
- An 18-year-old Audi e-tron driver pays roughly $4,763 in annual insurance, which is around $3,304 more than that for a 40-year-old motorist.
- Cost may not be your primary concern, so MoneyGeek's ratings can help you find the best insurance company for your Audi e-tron based on claims ratings, user satisfaction and financial stability.
How Much is Insurance for an Audi Q5?
Regardless of the model year, the average yearly insurance cost for an Audi Q5 is $1,428, as per MoneyGeek's analysis. This is a few dollars more than the insurance for an average vehicle and is the cheapest Audi model to insure based on our research.
Progressive offers the cheapest average yearly premiums for an Audi Q5 insurance policy for the average driver at a rate of roughly $990 per year. On the other hand, Allstate charges an average of $1,815 for this model, making it the most expensive provider for this vehicle type.
Audi Q5 Annual Insurance Costs
Scroll for more
Audi Q5 auto insurance cost varies based on the model year, the policyholder’s driving characteristics and the type of coverage required.
- Based on the model year of your Audi Q5, your annual insurance can range from approximately $1,182 to $1,597.
- The average annual insurance premium for an 18-year-old Audi Q5 driver is $4,660, which is roughly $3,232 more than that of a 40-year-old driver.
- MoneyGeek’s evaluations can help you find the best insurance carrier for your Audi Q5 based on claims ratings, financial stability and user satisfaction, regardless of how much you care about pricing.
FAQs About Audi Insurance
Car insurance premiums for an Audi can vary widely based on the model and year of the car. To get a better understanding of your estimated costs, these frequently asked questions can help.
MoneyGeek collected information about insurance provider rates for Audis using a sample driver profile. In this scenario, the driver is a 40-year-old male purchasing a full coverage policy with the following coverages:
- $100,000 in bodily injury liability insurance per person
- $300,000 in bodily injury liability insurance per accident
- $100,000 in property damage liability insurance per accident
- Comprehensive and collision insurance with a $1,000 deductible
Rates represent averages and can provide guidance on what prices to expect but won’t match your specific rates.
About the Author