If you live in Texas and are searching for affordable car insurance, Texas Farm Bureau Group might be the right choice for you. This company offers some of the lowest rates and premiums in the Lonestar state and has an excellent customer service rating. On the downside, they do not have a mobile app and you will need to pay to become a Texas Farm Bureau member in order to enroll in an insurance policy.
Auto Insurance Review: Texas Farm Bureau Group
Texas Farm Bureau Group is a Texas-based insurance provider offering auto, home, life, and health insurance policies. This provider is well known for its low auto insurance rates and premiums, making it an ideal option for low-income Texans. You will need to become a member of the Farm Bureau (costs are between $35 to $50 annually) to be eligible for coverage. Residents outside of Texas cannot enroll in a Texas Farm Bureau policy.
How Does Texas Farm Bureau Group Auto Insurance Rate?
When deciding on a car insurance company, it’s important to know how different companies compare. Texas Farm Bureau Group has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and a mixture of excellent and less than satisfactory reviews on the BBB website
Customer Satisfaction Rating
Texas Farm Bureau Auto Insurance has a high rating from J.D. Power. In a 2019 study of U.S. auto insurance companies in the state of Texas, Texas Farm Bureau Group was the award recipient for overall satisfaction, receiving 5 stars in policy offerings, price, billing process and policy information, interaction and claims.
Customer Complaint Ratio
Texas Farm Bureau Group
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) maintains an index of insurance companies’ complaint ratios. The median national is 1. Scoring below a 1 is reflective of receiving fewer complaints than most other insurance companies. The NAIC scores Texas Farm Bureau Group with a 0.42 rating.
AM Best gives Texas Farm Bureau Group an A- rating. This insurance company has a financial size of $250 million to $500 million and is considered financially stable.
Texas Farm Bureau Group Insurance Features
Price is the main differentiator when comparing Texas Farm Bureau Group to other insurance companies. However, they also have one of the highest customer service ratings by J.D. Power (matched only by USAA) and receive good reviews on the number of coverage options they offer. J.D. Power ranks Texas Farm Bureau Group with a 5 star rating.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Price QuotesIf you’re looking to switch providers, need a new policy, or just want to shop around, you can quickly request a quote from Texas Farm Bureau Group online.
- Online Bill PayManage your billing account by scheduling payments, enrolling in automatic payments and viewing your billing history.
- Online ClaimsFile a claim fast via the Texas Farm Bureau Group website and check in on your claim status at any time.
- Mobile AppView your policy, make changes, add or remove drivers and update your personal information online.
Texas Farm Bureau Group Auto Coverage
Texas Farm Bureau Group offers a wide range of coverage options designed to fit the needs of any Texan.
- Type of CoverageDescription
- CollisionThis would help cover the costs to repair or replace your vehicle if it was damaged or totaled in an accident.
- Personal Injury ProtectionThis would help cover the costs of medical expenses for you and anyone else in your car, following an accident.
- UninsuredIf you find out that the other driver involved in your accident is either uninsured or does not have enough insurance coverage to cover your expenses, this policy will help bridge the gap.
- LiabilityBodily injury liability: If you’re found at fault in an accident, this will help cover the medical expenses of the other drivers involved in the accident. Property damage liability: If you’re found at fault in an accident, this will help cover the cost to repair or replace the other driver’s damaged vehicles or any property that might have been impacted.
Available Discounts on Texas Farm Bureau Group Car Insurance Coverage
You’ll have access to a good selection of discounts through Texas Farm Bureau Group. Here are some of the top ways you can save money on your rate or premium.
- Type of DiscountDescription
- Safe DriverSave money by being a responsible driver.
- Good StudentSave money if your teen driver is a student with good grades.
- Multi VehicleSave money when you add additional vehicles or drivers to your policy.
- Anti TheftSave money by having your car’s VIN etched into car windows, making it less attractive to thieves.
- Multi PolicySave when you bundle your auto policy with homeowners or renters insurance.
Other Texas Farm Bureau Group Insurance Products
You can save money by bundling insurance policies with the Texas Farm Bureau Group.
- Type of ProductDescription
- Homeowners InsuranceGet coverage for your home to protect not only the value of your house but also your belongings inside. Some exterior fixtures like garages, sheds and fences may also be covered.
- Renters InsuranceIf you rent your home, you can get coverage for your belongings in case of fire, theft or other damages.
- Life InsuranceShould you pass away, make sure your loved ones are protected with life insurance benefits.
- Health InsuranceIf your employer doesn’t offer health insurance, you may be eligible for a low-cost coverage option from the Texas Farm Bureau Group.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With Texas Farm Bureau Group
You can make a claim with the Texas Farm Bureau Group on their website or over the phone.
Contact Texas Farm Bureau Group Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
About the Author
- AM Best. "USAA Casualty Insurance Company Profile." Accessed March 12, 2020.
- Better Business Bureau. "Texas Farm Bureau Auto Insurance." Accessed April 8, 2020.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners. "Texas Farm Bureau Auto Insurance 2019 Complaint Ratio Report." Accessed April 10, 2020.
- J.D. Power. "U.S. 2019 Auto Insurance Study: Texas." Accessed April 8, 2020.
- Texas Farm Bureau Insurance. "Texas Farm Bureau Insurance." Accessed April 9, 2020.