Freeway Auto Insurance’s low-rate claims are somewhat vague, but they may still provide a solid option for those whose driving record or credit score might otherwise make finding car insurance difficult. Customer reviews from the Better Business Bureau are bleak, but there were also very few reviews listed, so it may not paint an accurate portrait of the insurer.
Auto Insurance Review: Freeway
Freeway Auto Insurance offers a wide array of insurance products, including home, boat, motorcycle, life, landlord and auto insurance. The company provides coverage to 32 states, as well as Washington, D.C. Freeway Auto Insurance’s website says that it seeks to provide auto insurance to all, regardless of factors like driving history or credit score, which could make it a good option for low-credit individuals or those with accidents on their record.
How Does Freeway Auto Insurance Rate?
Although Freeway Auto Insurance is a national provider, it doesn’t have much of a presence and has not been reviewed by companies like J.D. Power, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners or AM Best. But for those looking to get guaranteed car insurance approval, it could still be worth considering.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
Since Freeway Auto Insurance works with many other insurance providers to provide customers with coverage, it’s extremely difficult to pin down customer satisfaction. The Better Business Bureau gives Freeway an A+ rating. But according to customer reviews on the site, the company earns just one star out of five. However, it’s worth noting that the customer rating is based on just 21 reviews.
Freeway Insurance Features
Freeway Auto Insurance prides itself on its ability to provide low-cost, high-quality insurance to all who need it. It also offers free roadside assistance to some California drivers. So if you live in the state, it’s worth inquiring if you qualify for that free service.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Price QuotesYou can easily figure out how much you would pay for Freeway Auto Insurance by getting a quote through their site.
- Online Bill PayCustomers in Illinois and Indiana are guaranteed this option; others will have to check with their specific insurance provider about their payment options. All customers may pay by phone.
Freeway Auto Coverage
There are many types of auto insurance coverage you can get, each with different costs. Freeway Auto Insurance provides the essentials you’d expect from a national provider:
- Type of CoverageDescription
- CollisionCovers vehicle damage in the event of an accident.
- UninsuredCovers vehicle damage in the event of an accident.
- LiabilityProtects and covers you if you are at fault and damage someone’s property.
Optional Insurance Features and Coverage
Freeway Auto Insurance has additional insurance coverages and features, which you can opt to add to your policy for extra costs.
- Type of OptionDescription
- Rental ReimbursementPays for rental car damages if it occurs for a covered accident and your car is not drivable for more than 24 hours.
- Roadside AssistancePays for covered towing and labor costs if your car is disabled.
- Gap CoverageTypically covers the difference between a totaled car (due to accident or theft) and what your car is worth if it’s leased.
- Medical PaymentsPays for covered medical expenses, up to an established limit. This may be covered in your personal injury protection coverage — which is required in some states and covers losses tied to injury.
Available Discounts on Freeway Car Insurance Coverage
Freeway Auto Insurance offers several of the more common discounts you’d find from other national insurance providers. But it’s difficult to say where they truly stand as far as discount offerings go since they don’t provide a comprehensive list of them on their site. So those who are interested will need to contact the company for more information.
- Type of DiscountDescription
- Safe DriverA clean driving history can help you save.
- Good StudentThose in school may be able to get a discount on their policy.
- Multi VehicleAdding more than one car to your policy can secure you a discount.
- Multi PolicyAdding multiple types of insurance to your account can help you save.
Other Freeway Insurance Products
Freeway Auto Insurance provides customers with a wide array of other insurance products, including those for alternative vehicle types, like motorcycles and ATVs, as well as coverage for businesses. Just be aware that offerings may vary depending on where you live.
- Type of ProductDescription
- Homeowners InsuranceCompensates homeowners for losses related to their home or possessions stored within.
- Renters InsuranceProtects renters in the event of a fire, theft, water damage and other covered events.
- Landlord InsuranceCovers property damages, damages you would otherwise be liable for and legal counsel and fees.
- Life InsuranceCan provide your family with income and debt-coverage in the event of death.
- Business InsuranceCovers businesses in the event of employee injury, natural disasters and accidents. Commercial auto insurance covers overs business owners in the event that an employee’s vehicle (used for work purposes) is in an accident and the business owner is held liable.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With Freeway
Freeway Auto Insurance directs customers to call the national or local number listed on their insurance card to file a claim.
Contact Freeway Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.