The Best and Cheapest Renters Insurance in North Las Vegas, NV, for 2022: Rankings, Reviews and Rates
If you're looking for renters insurance in North Las Vegas, Nevada, you could pay around $135 annually or $11 monthly. The cheapest carrier in the city, State Farm, charges around $8 per month, while the most expensive provider, State Farm, charges roughly $12 per month. You can potentially save around $4 per month by shopping around. MoneyGeek compiled a list of the best renters insurance providers in North Las Vegas that balance quality and affordability.
Compare Renters Insurance Rates
Ensure you're getting the best rate for your renters insurance. Compare quotes from the top insurance companies.
The Cheapest and Best Renters Insurance in North Las Vegas
The Companies With the Cheapest Renters Insurance in North Las Vegas
Since many insurers offer similar core coverage, renters in North Las Vegas should consider pricing when purchasing an insurance policy. Compare renters insurance quotes from several companies to find the best rates.
According to our study, the following are the cheapest renters insurance providers in Las Vegas for the average consumer:
- USAA: $97 per year (available only to former and current military personnel plus their family members)
- American Family: $127 per year
USAA policyholders can get even more value for their investment. Flood and earthquake damage are covered by all of the company's insurance, and they reimburse for items at replacement cost.
All of these policies offer $20,000 in personal property coverage, $100,000 in liability coverage and a $500 deductible. You can see how your renters insurance premiums change by adjusting the personal property coverage limits in the table below.
If you live elsewhere in the state, you can also compare renters insurance throughout the state of Nevada.
Average Annual Rates for Personal Property Insurance
Personal Property Coverage:
Scroll for more
Compare Renters Insurance Rates
What Are the Best Renters Insurance Companies in North Las Vegas?
These two companies topped our list of the best renters insurance providers in North Las Vegas:
- Best Overall: USAA (only current and former military members are eligible)
- Runner-up: American Family
To determine rankings, MoneyGeek uses a proprietary scoring algorithm that incorporates affordability, J.D. Power customer satisfaction ratings and AM Best financial stability scores. MoneyGeek also noted that certain organizations offer unique coverages that aren't offered by most renters insurance companies.
With a perfect score across the board, USAA is the best renters insurance in the city. However, only former and active military members and their families are eligible for its policies.
USAA is consistently one of the cheapest insurance companies in the nation. It offers various unique coverage as well as protection against flood and earthquake damages. USAA will also continually cover you even if you are deployed overseas or decide to move abroad. Plus, current military members could get an additional discount on their policy to make it cheaper.
American Family scored well in stability and satisfaction but lower in affordability, making it our second-ranked option. It offers a discount if you have smart home safety equipment.
You can add travel protection or global medical insurance to your policy to cover the costs of trip cancellation. Additionally, if your pet is hurt in a covered event, American Family can cover up to $1,000 in medical costs. While not a replacement for pet insurance, this coverage is a welcome addition for pet owners.
The Average Cost of Renters Insurance in North Las Vegas for 2022
renters insurance is equal to the average.
In North Las Vegas, the average cost of renters insurance is $135 per year or $11 per month. This indicates that renters here spend $24 less per year than the national average of $159.
What Factors Impact Renters Insurance Costs in North Las Vegas?
While various factors influence the cost of your renters insurance, some are more important than others. These include:
- Personal property coverage amount. Consider the amount of coverage you'll need while shopping for renters insurance in North Las Vegas. One of the primary considerations in estimating the cost of a policy is the value of the property you cover.
- Location within a city. Where you live in the city barely impacts the cost of renters insurance. Still, insurance premiums are typically higher in areas with high crime rates or severe weather.
- Deductible. When an insurance provider accepts a claim to replace your belongings, the deductible is the amount you must pay out of pocket. Plans with higher deductibles offer lower monthly premiums. Alternately, plans with smaller deductibles are more expensive since the insurance provider will pay more to replace your belongings.
- ACV vs. RCV. You may receive reimbursements based on the actual cash value (ACV) or the replacement cost value (RCV). For ACV plans, the insurer will compensate you depending on the depreciated value of your lost or damaged possessions. Conversely, RCV insurance covers the cost of purchasing a new item of comparable quality and kind without depreciation. RCV plans are more expensive than ACV since they pay more when you file a claim.
- Liability coverage amount. Liability insurance is quite inexpensive. For a few additional dollars per year, you can increase your coverage by thousands.
Calculate How Much Renters Insurance You Need
Does My North Las Vegas Neighborhood Impact Cost of Renters Insurance?
Your renters insurance premium is barely impacted by where you reside in North Las Vegas. According to our study, taking into account your location will only alter your monthly premium by a few dollars.
Understanding Renters Insurance in North Las Vegas
Although renters insurance is not required by law, your landlord or the management company may legally require you and other renters in your apartment or house to have a policy as part of your lease agreement.
If you're a tenant, MoneyGeek recommends getting renters insurance even if your landlord doesn't require it. Renters insurance is designed to protect you against catastrophic property damage and related legal obligations for a low cost.
What Does Renters Insurance Cover in North Las Vegas?
When shopping for renters insurance in North Las Vegas, always check if you have enough coverage for your needs.
Renters insurance may protect residents in North Las Vegas apartments and homes from hazards such as fires and water damage, which can occur anywhere. The following are typical coverages offered by renters insurance carriers in the city:
- Personal property coverage: This is the cost of repairing or replacing your personal belongings, such as clothing, furniture and electronic devices, up to the policy's limits.
- Additional living expenses: If the property you rent is damaged and becomes uninhabitable, your renters insurance will cover the additional costs of your housing, such as hotel expenses.
- Liability insurance: If you're found legally responsible for another person's injuries or property damage, this will help you pay for their medical bills and repairs.
- Medical payments coverage: If someone is harmed while visiting your rented home, this coverage will cover medical bills regardless of who is at fault.
What Is Not Covered by Renters Insurance in North Las Vegas?
Your personal property is covered by renters insurance in North Las Vegas, but not the structure of the building. This is the responsibility of the property owner. Additionally, renters insurance does not cover all risks associated with renting.
For example, it covers certain types of water damage. However, most standard plans do not cover flooding-related water damage. If you want protection from flood damage, you can get additional insurance via the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Your roommates' belongings, car damage, earthquake damage as well as jewelry and other valuable items that cost more than the policy limits are also excluded from most renters insurance policies. In cases like this, you might need to get supplementary coverage.
Keep in mind that no two policies are the same. This is why you should always review your policy carefully before proceeding with your purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions About Renters Insurance in North Las Vegas
When looking for renters insurance, comparing different plans is crucial. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about North Las Vegas renters insurance.
Renters Insurance in North Las Vegas Analysis: Methodology
MoneyGeek analyzed hundreds of renters insurance quotes in North Las Vegas to help you find cheap renters insurance. The best renters insurance rankings were determined using data from J.D. Power, AM Best and our affordability metrics that are derived from a comprehensive analysis of quotes provided by Quadrant.
About the Author
- United States Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation. "2019 Crime in the United States." Accessed June 8, 2022.