The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards
A good no annual fee card that offers bitcoin as rewards
- 1.50% Cash Back in BitcoinRewards Rate
- 14.99% – 29.99% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- Good–ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek follows a streamlined and well-defined ranking methodology when reviewing credit cards. We collect credit card information from Consumer Finance Protection Bureau's credit card agreement database, standardize data points to determine the credit card rankings, estimate an annual spend using a standardized spend profile, factor in introductory and yearly bonuses, establish credit cards value and rank them for various categories, review data on a monthly basis, and re-rank them accordingly.
MoneyGeek’s Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards review shows why this card is ideal for cryptocurrency enthusiasts and those who foresee a potential Bitcoin future but don’t want to pay upfront. The credit card allows them to earn Bitcoin on the side, in the form of cash back, without having to risk the money in their bank accounts. The Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards also doesn’t have foreign transaction fees, making it a good option for travelers. It allows purchases wherever Visa is accepted, or cardholders can send funds to a bank account.
Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards Overview
The Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards credit card lets you earn 1.5% back in Bitcoin for every purchase using the card, which you get after making a monthly payment. An account under NYDIG is opened, where you keep your Bitcoin, with the option to monitor, hold or sell it any time you want after 1-2 settlement periods upon receiving it. The steps for earning Bitcoin are as follows:
- Credit lines from $500 to $25,000.
- 1.5% in bitcoin on all purchases when you pay them back.
- When you open a Rewards Checking account and complete three debit card transactions, you'll get a $200 bonus.
- Keep track of your bitcoin balance over time, or sell it and get a statement credit.
Important Card Details
The Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards is a good credit card for people who wish to try their hand at cryptocurrency because of the low risks it provides. However, it's critical to read the fees and fine print before applying.
Cash Back Reward Rate
The Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards credit card lets you earn unlimited 1.5% cash back from your purchases using the card in the form of Bitcoin. For example, spending an average of $5,000 per year using your credit card nets you around $75 worth of Bitcoin (the value of Bitcoin depends on the reference rate during the time of purchase). Sending funds from the card to your bank account does not provide a cash back reward.
Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards credit card does not burden you with an annual fee, meaning pretty much all your expenses go toward paying your balance on a monthly basis. In addition, it also doesn’t charge foreign transaction fees, late fees or cash advance fees.
The card’s APR is around 14.49% on average. It can be as low as 14.99% - 29.99%. It doesn’t provide an intro APR or balance transfer APR.
Some of the other Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards benefits and features worth mentioning include:
- Low-barrier to entry: Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards’s credit score requirement allows individuals with fair credit to apply. That is especially good if you’re mostly interested in trying Bitcoin without a heavy investment.
- Mobile transactions: The Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards credit card allows you to monitor your account and your Bitcoin wallet through your smartphone as well as make payments using Google Pay or Apple Pay.
- Visa Signature card benefits: Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards credit card is a Visa Signature card, which means it has perks like travel and emergency assistance, fraud detection, non-refundable trip cancellation reimbursement, and more.
- Positive customer service feedback: In general, customers are satisfied with the way the company is treating them, lauding them for quick response and approval.
- No fraud liability: You are not held accountable for any illegal charges if your card is lost or stolen. Any subsequent purchases do not affect you or your credit score if you notify your card's status promptly.
How the Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards Compares To Other Cards
The Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards is the only cash back credit card in our credit card list that offers rewards in Bitcoin. However, it still holds its own against other rewards cards because of its lack of annual, foreign transaction and late fees.
How the Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards Compares
Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards
- Annual Fee: $0
- Cash Back Rate: 1.5%
- Variable APR: ** 14.99% - 29.99%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: $0
- Mini Verdict: Suited for individuals who want to invest in Bitcoin but don’t want to spend their money on it.
U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
- Annual Fee: $95
- Cash Back Rate: 1-5 points
- Variable APR: 20.99% – 28.99%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: $0
- Mini Verdict: Ideal for individuals who love to travel and dine out.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Upgrade. "Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards." Accessed February 25, 2022.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.