The Chase Ink Business Unlimited card is a small business card with no annual fees and unlimited 1.5% cash back on all business purchases. Along with other perks and features, this can benefit business users who are looking for a simple, streamlined rewards experience.
Chase Ink Business Unlimited Review
In this review of the Chase Ink Business Unlimited card, we discuss the pros and cons of the card and how it can benefit small business customers who want to build business credit and earn rewards without having to navigate complicated rewards categories. The advantages of this card include zero annual fees, a welcome bonus of $750 and a flat 1.5% unlimited cash back on all business purchases.
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Cash Back Rewards
- Travel Rewards
Chase Ink Business Unlimited at a Glance
For business owners, the Chase Ink Business Unlimited card promises many benefits, including an easy-to-use reward structure, bonuses, a 0% intro APR for the first 12 months, advanced security features and business-focused features.
- Chase Ink Business Unlimited
A great business card with a flat, simple rewards structure and no annual fees.
- Good–ExcellentCredit Needed
- $0Annual Fee
- 1.5% Cash BackRewards Rate
- 1.5xRewards Rate on TV, Phone, Internet Services
- 1.5xRewards Rate on Entertainment
Pros & Cons Explained
To understand if the Chase Ink Business Unlimited card is right for you, it is important to take a look at its pros and cons.
- Unlimited 1.5% cash backFor those users who want a card that provides overall rewards and does not lean too heavily into focused use cases or rewards categories, the Ink Business Unlimited card can work quite well with unlimited 1.5% cash back across the board for all business purchases.
- 0% introductory APRYou can enjoy an introductory APR of 0% for a period of 12 months from the date of account opening.
- $750 bonus cash backIf you spend $7,500 on your card in the first three months after opening the account, you get an additional $750 cash back.
- No reward categoriesFor those users who want a card that provides overall rewards and does not lean too heavily into focused use cases or rewards categories, the Ink Business Unlimited card can work quite well with unlimited 1.5% cash back across the board for all business purchases.
- Costly overseas useWith foreign transaction fees on the higher side, you would have to pay much more for international use.
MoneyGeek spends time each month analyzing and ranking each card and choosing top picks for popular card categories. While the Chase Ink Business Unlimited card is not featured in our current lists, you can take a look at other popular small business credit cards.
Bonuses & Rewards Explained
With the Chase Ink Business Unlimited card, you can earn a flat, unlimited 1.5% cash back on all business purchases. The unlimited cash back makes it a great choice for users with high monthly expenses. There is also a bonus for new cardholders to the tune of $750 cash back if your total expenses exceed $7,500 in the first three months.
The card also offers an introductory 0% APR for the first 12 months and lets users redeem their rewards through the Chase Ultimate Rewards program in many different ways. You can also issue employee cards and earn rewards faster via employee purchases.
Other Features Explained
Here are some other important benefits you can enjoy with the Chase Ink Business Unlimited credit card:
- Card FeatureDescription
- Employee cardsYou can easily issue employee cards with individual spending limits and earn cash back even faster through employee purchases.
- Security featuresThe card comes with all standard security features and some advanced features, including zero liability protection that keeps you safe from unauthorized use and special fraud protection that uses real-time monitoring to find and prevent fraudulent activity.
- Purchase protection and extended warrantyThe card provides protection from damage and theft for purchased items up to $10,000 per claim and a total of $50,000 per account for 120 days. For eligible products, original manufacturer warranties are also extended by an additional year.
"Small business owners, you’ll be surprised at how quickly you can accumulate points on a flat rate rewards card like the Chase Ink Business Unlimited. It’s excellent for expenses that don’t typically earn bonus points, such as purchases made at big box retailers and warehouses." - Alene Laney, Credit Card Journalist
Understanding the Fine Print
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- Annual Fee$0
- Cash Back Rewards
- Rewards Rate1.5% Cash Back
- Airline Benefits
The Chase Ink Business Unlimited card comes with an introductory APR of 0%, valid for twelve months since the issue of the card. After the introductory period expires, the account has a variable APR of 13.24% to 19.24%, which is on the high side of the spectrum.
Cash Back Reward Rate
The card provides you with a flat, unlimited 1.5% cash back on all business purchases.
The card does not charge an annual fee. However, there is a 3% fee for each foreign transaction, making this a relatively expensive card for international use. There are other cards that operate without any foreign transaction fees. This card also charges fees for balance transfers, late or returned payments and cash advances.
If you want to find information on a card that you are already using or want to compare different cards to learn about the rewards, fees and other terms, you can check your card provider’s website or mobile app, or simply take a look at your last card statement. You can also find reliable information about this card and other small business cards through the credit card agreement database.
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider Chase Ink Business Unlimited?
Other Considerations for Chase Ink Business Unlimited
For any decision regarding whether the Chase Ink Business Unlimited credit card can be a good fit for you, consider how you would like to use your credit card and whether you plan to use it as your only card or pair it with others.
Things to Consider if This is Will Be Your First or Only Credit Card
If you are looking to make this your first or only credit card, please keep in mind that the APR is on the high side after the introductory period. Also, consider that this is not a co-branded card and the rewards structure lacks bonus categories. If your business use involves heavy international travel, consider getting another card or a supplementary card without foreign transaction fees.
Things to Consider if This is Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
If the Chase Ink Business Unlimited will be an additional card in your wallet, you can take advantage of the simple rewards structure, the lack of any annual fee and the 0% introductory APR during the first year. Also, if you have other Chase cards, you can transfer your rewards and get much better value for your reward points.
With a well-defined and streamlined methodology powering our reviews, MoneyGeek is committed to providing reliable data through analyzing information from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau’s database, estimating average spending profiles, standardizing data points for effective comparison, determining long-term value and carrying out regular revisits of our rankings.
How Chase Ink Business Unlimited Compares to Other Cards
The Chase Ink Business Ultimate card holds its own against many other small business cards on account of the flat rewards structure, the $0 annual fee and the generous introductory terms. However, you can compare it against other business cards to determine if it is the best card for you.
Quick Comparison of Chase Ink Business Unlimited
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
- Annual Fee: $0
- Cash Back Rate: 1.5%
- APR: 0% for the first year, 13.24–19.24% thereafter
- Free Employee Cards
- Best For: Regular small business use
Chase Ink Business Cash
- Annual Fee: $0
- Cash Back Rate: 1–5%
- APR: 13.24–19.24%
- Free Employee Cards
- Best For: Higher rewards for specific purchases
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
Here are some important questions and answers regarding the Chase Ink Business Unlimited credit card that can help you in your decision-making process.
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
If you are still unsure about how this card fits into your plans, you can take a look at other small business credit cards that offer similar features and value. If you are not interested in a business card, check out a rewards card or one that prioritizes travel.