United Automobile Ins Group Auto Insurance Review: Quotes and Service (2022)
United Automobile Insurance Company is a below-average insurer based on MoneyGeek’s rating system, with an overall score of 49 out of 100. The company scores above-average for customer satisfaction and has an average financial stability score but falls short in affordability, complaints and discounts. United Automobile does provide an SR-22 and coverage for high-risk drivers.
Compare Auto Insurance Rates
Ensure you're getting the best rate for your auto insurance. Compare quotes from the top insurance companies.
United Automobile Insurance Company received an above-average MoneyGeek score for customer satisfaction but earned the poorest score possible on customer complaints — zero out of five.
For more information about United Automobile and other insurers, read MoneyGeek’s guides to the cheapest car insurance companies and the best car insurance companies. We also formulated an auto insurance comparison tool to help you compare United Automobile with other insurers.
How Does United Automobile Ins Group Rank for Customer Service?
Companies like J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) are reputable sources who score car insurance companies against each other to help consumers make an informed choice. United Automobile Insurance has lower-than-average scores compared to other non-standard companies and also has poor customer satisfaction ratings.
If you are considering getting a quote from United Automobile Insurance, get at least two others from different car insurance companies to review and compare. Unless it’s the lowest quote and budget is your primary concern, you may want to find another non-standard car insurance company if you are a high-risk driver and have limited options.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
While United Automobile Insurance has an A rating with the Better Business Bureau, they only have a one-star customer satisfaction score. They also have a 1.3 stars average rating from over 650 accumulated reviews on Google.
Customer Complaint Ratio
United Automobile Ins Group
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners calculates a company’s customer complaint ratio to determine their policyholders' satisfaction with the company. United Automobile Insurance has a ratio of 9.49, which is far over the national median of 1.00.
Discounts Offered by United Automobile Ins Group That Can Help You Save
A good way to save on auto insurance is with discounts. Unfortunately, United Automobile is not forthcoming with what discounts it offers to its policyholders, and it’s possible many of the typical discounts other insurers give do not apply at United Automobile. You might not also find any unique discounts, like loyalty or military.
Compare United Automobile Ins Group Directly With Other Car Insurance Companies
MoneyGeek’s resources can give you a comparison of United Automobile and other insurance providers to help you make an informed decision about which auto insurer suits your needs. Our comparison tool can show you how United Automobile measures up in terms of pricing, customer service and standout coverages. Our tool can also lead you to other auto insurance resources to help you make a final decision.
Does United Automobile Ins Group Offer Broad or Unique Coverage?
United Automobile offers standard coverages, such as liability insurance, comprehensive and collision insurance, similar to all auto insurance companies.
For high-risk drivers who require an SR-22, United Automobile does provide it. The company will insure a driver who has a poor record.
What Online Auto Insurance Tools Does United Automobile Ins Group Offer?
United Automobile Insurance only offers auto insurance for risky drivers who aren’t eligible in the standard car insurance market. They have basic coverages with just a few discount options available. For those with limited options and cost of insurance is the main concern, consider getting a quote from United Automobile Insurance to review and compare to other non-standard car insurance companies in your state.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Price QuotesCheck your policy and pay 24/7 using the automated phone number (888) 987-8242.
- Payment OptionsIf you don’t want to set up an online account, you can still make a payment, view your policy and print ID cards with your zip code, date of birth and either your policy number or driver’s license number.
- Mobile AppDownload the app on Apple or Android devices to access all the features of online account access.
Other United Automobile Ins Group Insurance Products
Right now, United Automobile Auto Insurance only offers car insurance, either private passenger or commercial auto. According to their website, they have low cost auto insurance for the 12 states they offer policies in. Typically, bundling with a homeowners insurance policy can save you money, but for those without this type of coverage, you may still be able to get low rates if you get a car quote from United Automobile Insurance.
- Type of ProductDescription
- Business InsuranceCommercial Auto Insurance: This coverage is only offered in Florida. If you are considered high-risk and are unable to get coverage through standard insurance companies, United Automobile Auto Insurance has coverage options to keep your commercial vehicles on the road legally.
AM Best uses their own financial strength rating to determine an insurance company’s ability to pay out its obligations, mainly auto claims. The more financial strength they have, the more likely they can pay, though this isn’t a warranty or guarantee. United Automobile Insurance does not have a rating currently.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With United Automobile Ins Group
The only way to file a claim is to call during normal business hours, which are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
Contact United Automobile Ins Group Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
About the Author
- United Automobile Insurance Company. "About Us." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- Better Business Bureau. "United Automobile Insurance Company." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners. "United Automobile Insurance Company." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- A.M. Best Rating Services. "United Automobile Insurance Company." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- United Automobile Insurance Company. "Contact Us." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- United Automobile Insurance Company. "Policyholder Portal." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- Finder. "United Automobile Insurance Company Review." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- United Automobile Insurance Company. "Insurance." Accessed March 23, 2020.