United Automobile Insurance offers basic coverage with minimal discounts to risky drivers in the non-standard auto market. While they say they have low-cost options, they also have poor reviews and ratings when it comes to customer satisfaction and resolving issues.
Auto Insurance Review: United Automobile Ins Group
United Automobile Insurance focuses on selling only auto insurance to the non-standard market of high-risk drivers. United Automobile Insurance generally has poor scores for financial strength and customer satisfaction, with higher-than-average customer complaints compared to the national average. If you don’t have a lot of options due to your driving or claims history, it might be worth it to get a quote. However, you should also obtain at least two other quotes from other auto insurance companies you qualify for to review and compare for the best deal based on your budget.
How Does United Automobile Ins Group Auto Insurance Rate?
Companies like J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) are reputable sources who score car insurance companies against each other to help consumers make an informed choice. United Automobile Insurance has lower-than-average scores compared to other non-standard companies and also has poor customer satisfaction ratings.
If you are considering getting a quote from United Automobile Insurance, get at least two others from different companies to review and compare. Unless it’s the lowest quote and budget is your primary concern, you may want to find another non-standard car insurance company if you are a high-risk driver and have limited options.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
While United Automobile Insurance has an A rating with the Better Business Bureau, they only have a 1-star customer satisfaction score. They also have over 700 reviews with an average 1-star rating on WalletHub and 1.3 stars average from over 650 accumulated reviews on Google.
Customer Complaint Ratio
United Automobile Ins Group
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners calculates a company’s customer complaint ratio to determine their policyholders' satisfaction with the company. United Automobile Insurance has a ratio of 9.49, which is far over the national median of 1.
AM Best uses their own financial strength rating to determine an insurance company’s ability to pay out its obligations, mainly auto claims. The more financial strength they have, the more likely they can pay, though this isn’t a warranty or guarantee. United Automobile Insurance does not have a rating currently.
United Automobile Ins Group Insurance Features
United Automobile Insurance only offers auto insurance for risky drivers who aren’t eligible in the standard car insurance market. They have basic coverages with just a few discount options available. For those with limited options and cost of insurance is the main concern, consider getting a quote from United Automobile Insurance to review and compare to other non-standard car insurance companies in your state.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Price QuotesCheck your policy and pay 24/7 using the automated phone number (888) 987-8242.
- Payment OptionsIf you don’t want to set up an online account, you can still make a payment, view your policy and print ID cards with your zip code, date of birth and either your policy number or driver’s license number.
- Mobile AppDownload the app on Apple or Android devices to access all the features of online account access.
United Automobile Ins Group Auto Coverage
United Automobile Insurance doesn’t have any frills when it comes to their auto coverage. They have the basics, which include liability, uninsured motorist, medical payments, comprehensive, and collision. If you’re considered a high-risk driver and just need basic coverage to drive legally on the road, you might consider getting a car insurance quote to review and compare to other non-standard auto companies.
- Type of CoverageDescription
- CollisionIf you are at-fault in a car accident and your vehicle is damaged, this coverage will pay to have your car fixed or cover the value of your totaled vehicle, minus your deductible.
- UninsuredThis coverage is there to protect you in the event your car is damaged by someone without car insurance or who has low liability limits and can’t cover the entire cost to fix or replace your vehicle.
- LiabilityThis coverage is used to cover the other person’s injuries and/or property damage if you are at-fault in an auto accident and is required by law.
Optional Insurance Features and Coverage
United Automobile Insurance has limited options for optional insurance features compared to other non-standard car insurance companies. They offer auto insurance for SR-22 certification, which is needed for high-risk drivers in some states.
- Type of OptionDescription
- Roadside AssistanceThis coverage is useful if your car breaks down and needs to be towed.
- Medical PaymentsRequired in many states, this coverage will pay if you are injured in an auto accident, regardless of who is at fault, and have associated hospital, doctor or rehabilitation costs.
Available Discounts on United Automobile Ins Group Car Insurance Coverage
Most insurance companies offer discounts to their car insurance customers to offset the cost of their premiums. According to the insurance page on their website, United Automobile Insurance offers “low rates & money-saving discounts.” They have limited discounts compared to other non-standard auto insurance companies, though options can vary by state, so it’s best to contact a local auto insurance agent to get a quote to review.
- Type of DiscountDescription
- Defensive DriverThis may not be available in all states. Those who are eligible may be able to receive a discount if they have taken a state-approved defensive driving course.
- LoyaltyStay in good standing without a lapse and get a discount when your policy renews and you pay on time.
- Anti TheftIf your car has an anti-theft device or location tracker, you may be eligible to save on your auto premium.
- Multi PolicyIf you insure more than one car with the same carrier, you’re eligible to save.
- Safety EquipmentDriving a safe car can get you a better rate on your auto insurance. This includes anti-lock brakes (ABS) and air bags.
Other United Automobile Ins Group Insurance Products
Right now, United Automobile Auto Insurance only offers car insurance, either private passenger or commercial auto. According to their website, they have low cost auto insurance for the 12 states they offer policies in. Typically, bundling with a homeowners insurance policy can save you money, but for those without this type of coverage, you may still be able to get low rates if you get a car quote from United Automobile Insurance.
- Type of ProductDescription
- Business InsuranceCommercial Auto Insurance: This coverage is only offered in Florida. If you are considered high-risk and are unable to get coverage through standard insurance companies, United Automobile Auto Insurance has coverage options to keep your commercial vehicles on the road legally.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With United Automobile Ins Group
The only way to file a claim is to call during normal business hours, which are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
Contact United Automobile Ins Group Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
- United Automobile Insurance Company. "About Us." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- Better Business Bureau. "United Automobile Insurance Company." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- WalletHub. "United Automobile Insurance Company Reviews." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners. "United Automobile Insurance Company." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- A.M. Best Rating Services. "United Automobile Insurance Company." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- United Automobile Insurance Company. "Contact Us." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- United Automobile Insurance Company. "Policyholder Portal." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- Finder. "United Automobile Insurance Company Review." Accessed March 23, 2020.
- United Automobile Insurance Company. "Insurance." Accessed March 23, 2020.