Homesite Insurance is not going to be a good option for those who like a hands-on, tech-friendly insurance option. However, Homesite’s wide availability does make it especially well-suited to those who move a lot.
Auto Insurance Review: Homesite
Homesite Insurance is a national insurance provider that offers a solid array of insurance products to customers, including home, life, flood, commercial and auto insurance. That said, some of the specifics of those offerings are unknown as they don’t publicly provide those details. So it will be difficult to gauge if it’s the best option for you unless you get a quote from the company and use that to compare it to other options. But in general, Homesite Insurance may work for people who are looking for a company that can meet different types of insurance needs and who prefer a no-frills experience.
How Does Homesite Auto Insurance Rate?
Homesite Insurance has been reviewed on its customer service by both the Better Business Bureau and the NAIC, to widely varying effects. But when it comes to the financial stability of the company, AM Best ranks it as stable. So while it may not be the best option for those who are looking for stellar customer service, it may still be a solid option for others.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
The Better Business Bureau gives Homesite Insurance — the group which includes their auto insurance division — an “A+” rating, while customer reviews rank it at just over one star out of five. That’s the average rating, based on 68 entries from Homesite customers, though it’s worth noting that only one of those reviews mentioned a car policy.
AM Best’s rankings look at a company’s financial strength and ability to meet its obligations to customers in the event of a claim. Homesite Insurance’s “A+” rating indicates stability in those areas, though it’s not the same as a warranty.
Homesite Insurance Features
Homesite is available in all 50 states, plus Washington D.C., which is useful to those who want the freedom to move to other states without having to get a new insurer. But its support features and coverage options are somewhat basic when compared to other national insurers.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Price QuotesYou can get a quote for auto insurance on the Homesite Insurance website.
- Online Bill PayYou have the option to file a claim online through your Homesite Insurance account and pay your bills. You can also make policy adjustments in that online portal.
Homesite Auto Coverage
Homesite’s basic coverage options are fairly standard.
- Type of CoverageDescription
- CollisionCovers damages to your vehicle in the event of an accident.
- Personal Injury ProtectionCovers lost earnings, medical care costs and child-care costs necessitated by a collision.
- LiabilityPays for damages caused to another person’s vehicle or property as well as their injuries.
Optional Insurance Features and Coverage
To help bolster your coverage, Homesite also offers the following coverage options.
- Type of OptionDescription
- Rental ReimbursementPays for your rental car while your vehicle is being repaired.
- Roadside AssistanceGives you assistance if your car breaks down.
- Medical PaymentsCovers medical care for the driver and passenger’s in the event of an accident.
Other Homesite Insurance Products
Homesite offers a solid array of other insurance options for customers, which can be useful for those looking to save money by bundling their policies with the same insurer. However, if that’s of interest, it’s still important to research your options thoroughly to make sure you’d actually be saving money compared to going with a cheaper insurer.
- Type of ProductDescription
- Homeowners InsuranceProtection against property damage and theft, as well as loss of use and medical payments to others, for homeowners.
- Condo InsuranceCovers personal property, liability, medical payments to others as well as mold protection for renters or condo owners.
- Flood InsuranceCoverage for water damage which may extend to both the building and contents within.
- Life InsuranceProtection, for a given amount of time, in the event of the policyholder’s death.
- Business InsuranceProtects businesses from unexpected financial losses.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With Homesite
To make a claim, you would either call them and follow the prompts to get to the claims menu, or you could file a claim online via your Homesite account.
Contact Homesite Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
About the Author
- Better Business Bureau. "Homesite Group Incorporated." Accessed March 18, 2020.
- NAIC. "Homesite Insurance Company, NAIC Consumer Information Source Index 2019." Accessed March 27, 2020.
- A.M. Best. "Homesite Insurance Company Credit Rating." Accessed March 18, 2020.