Gainsco Auto Insurance Review: Quotes and Service (2022)
Gainsco, owned by MGA Insurance, provides low-cost non-standard or high-risk auto insurance in 17 states across the United States. It received a score of 53 out of 100 in MoneyGeek's ratings, indicating that it is a below-average insurer. According to MoneyGeek, it is excellent in terms of customer satisfaction, average when it comes to complaints and financial stability and below average in affordability.
Compare Auto Insurance Rates
Ensure you're getting the best rate for your auto insurance. Compare quotes from the top insurance companies.
Even though Gainsco does not appear on the consumer reporting agencies' review rankings, MoneyGeek ranked the company exceptional in terms of customer satisfaction, average in terms of financial strength and customer complaints and below average in terms of pricing.
If you want to learn more about Gainsco and other car insurers, check out MoneyGeek's resources on the cheapest and best car insurance providers. Using our comparison tool, you can see how Gainsco's insurance prices compare to those of other car insurance companies.
How Does Gainsco Rank for Customer Service?
Customer Satisfaction Rating
Gainsco customers have rated this company one out of five stars, on average, on their Better Business Bureau page. The majority of the complaints center around billing confusion (misunderstood late fees and policy rate increases) and claims coverage issues.
Discounts Offered by Gainsco That Can Help You Save
Unfortunately, Gainsco does not offer any discounts on auto insurance policies at this time. No common discounts, such as bundling, safe driving, anti-theft system, airbags or good student, are offered to its customers. This explains why the company scored poorly in discounts ratings.
Compare Gainsco Directly With Other Car Insurance Companies
MoneyGeek has a variety of information to help you compare Gainsco to other major insurance companies in your state. Use our comparison tool to evaluate how Gainsco compares in terms of customer service, cost and unique coverages. The tool also provides additional information on these insurance companies.
Does Gainsco Offer Broad or Unique Coverage?
Gainsco has a limited number of add-on coverages and focuses primarily on providing the standard coverages like state minimum car insurance and collision coverage. Other than roadside assistance and rental reimbursement, the company does not offer the most common coverages provided by other insurers. Gainsco does not offer any unique coverages either.
What Online Auto Insurance Tools Does Gainsco Offer?
Gainsco’s main appeal is its fully individualized policies for high-risk drivers. Gainsco offers flexible coverage options and will work with you to build a completely custom policy.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Price QuotesNeed a quote? Gainsco lets you request this online by filling out a few simple fields.
- Online Bill PayQuickly pay your bill and schedule payments in your online account. You can also view payment history and update your payment method.
- Online ClaimsFile, track and manage your auto claims entirely online, so you know where you are throughout every step of the process.
- Mobile AppManage your policy and make changes all from your smartphone. You can make payments, ask questions and file claims via the app as well.
Other Gainsco Insurance Products
Gainsco does not offer many additional insurance options, but there are two types you might want to look into for bundled discounts.
- Type of ProductDescription
- Homeowners InsuranceWhile Gainsco does not offer their own homeowners insurance policy, they have partnered with Hippo to offer this type of insurance to protect your home and the belongings inside.
- Renters InsuranceThis type of insurance protects your belongings in case of a natural disaster or theft. Some landlords require tenants to purchase renters insurance.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With Gainsco
To file a claim with Gainsco, you can call their customer service number, go online or file through your mobile app.
Contact Gainsco Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
About the Author