If you have an excellent driving record, but a not-so-excellent credit score, Cure could be right for you. If you feel that your current company has discriminated against you and live in New Jersey or Pennsylvania, Cure Auto Insurance might be perfect for you. Outside of those two states, you’ll have to look elsewhere for auto insurance.
Auto Insurance Review: Cure Auto
Compare Auto Insurance Rates
Ensure you're getting the best rate for your auto insurance. Compare quotes from the top insurance companies.
- Auto Insurance Review - Cure Auto
Cure Auto Insurance offers coverage in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Cure Auto Insurance only considers your driving history when providing a quote — which is beneficial for someone with a poor credit score. They are the perfect option for someone with a shaky credit history but a great driving record who resides in New Jersey or Pennsylvania. Customers living in other states will want to check out our auto insurance guide You can also learn how to compare car insurance quotes to ensure you’re getting the best rate possible.
How Does Cure Auto Auto Insurance Rate?
Cure is a fairly small insurance company that’s only available in two states. Because of its size, it is not rated by either AM Best or J.D.Power. AM Best evaluates a company’s financial strength. J.D. Power does an insurance satisfaction survey of all the top companies every year, but Cure is too small to be considered in their survey.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
The Better Business Bureau BBB rates Cure Auto Insurance with an A+, however, it is not accredited by the BBB. The lack of accreditation could simply mean a company decided not to apply for accreditation with the BBB or it could mean that a company doesn’t comply with the ethical standards set forth by the BBB.
There is a record of 18 closed complaints in the past three years with Cure Auto Insurance, according to the BBB. Many of the complaints found online take note of the slow process, lack of communication and rude customer service agents.
Customer Complaint Ratio
The NAIC is the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. They keep track of all complaints against insurance companies and come up with a score. A score of 1 indicates a company has the median amount of complaints for a company of its size. A score of 2.0 would mean a company has twice as many complaints as the average.
AM Best did not give Cure Auto Insurance a financial strength rating. AM Best is a voluntary rating system, and a company has to pay to be rated by them. It could mean that Cure Auto Insurance meets all of the standards of the Office of Insurance Regulation set by the state but decided not to participate in the AM Best rating system.
Compare Auto Insurance Rates
Ensure you're getting the best rate for your car insurance. Compare quotes from the top insurance companies.
Cure Auto Insurance Features
Setting affordable rates based almost entirely on driving history sets Cure Auto Insurance apart. Although age and gender play a part in determining rates, they don’t discriminate against families with teen drivers when you add them to a policy. This practice is great news for anyone with a teen driver, as teens usually cause the price of insurance to skyrocket.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Price QuotesSimply enter basic information, and you can choose to get a quote for minimum insurance, or to see all of your options.
- Online Bill PayA convenience fee of $14.95 applies.
- Payment OptionsSign up to have your bill taken from your checking account on the same day each month. There is no fee to enroll, although it’s $5.99 if you pay by text.
Compare Auto Insurance Rates
Optional Insurance Features and Coverage
Cure Auto Insurance has a few optional features you can add onto your policy.
- Type of OptionDescription
- Roadside AssistanceAvailable 24/7 to anyone who selects it.
- OtherLimitation on lawsuit option: Choosing this feature means you limit your legal right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against another driver except in a few circumstances. The advantage is it reduces the amount charged for bodily injury liability by as much as 135%.
Available Discounts on Cure Auto Car Insurance Coverage
Cure Auto Insurance prides itself on low rates for drivers with clean records. They do offer a few extra discounts on top of their low rates.
- Type of DiscountDescription
- Safe DriverA 35% discount for everyone on the policy who has been driving for three years and has a clean driving record If you’re driving record is clean for five years, you may qualify for a discount of up to 40%
- Multi VehicleIf you insure more than one car on the same policy, you get a discount, rather than a separate policy for each.
- OtherYou can save up to 15% if your car is usually parked off-street, and 50% off if it’s usually parked in a secure parking garage with security (proof is required).
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With Cure Auto
To make a claim with Cure Auto Insurance, call 1-800-229-9151. The telephone number is available 24/7.
Contact Cure Auto Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
About the Author
- Cure. "Cure’s Capitol Hill Testimony." Accessed March 8, 2020.
- A.M. Best. "A.M. Best." Accessed March 8, 2020.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners. "NAIC." Accessed March 8, 2020.
- Better Business Bureau. "BBB." Accessed March 7, 2020.
- J.D. Power. "2019 Auto Insurance Study." Accessed March 7, 2020.