Arbella Insurance Group can be a solid option for those who are residents of Massachusets and Connecticut and don’t see themselves moving out of state anytime soon. Those who are interested in a more flexible or high-tech arrangement, however, should look elsewhere.
Auto Insurance Review: Arbella Insurance Group
Arbella Insurance Group provides car insurance to drivers who live in Massachusetts and Connecticut. Based on its total offerings, including factors like car insurance coverages and discounts, it’s best suited to those who live in Massachusetts and don’t plan on moving out of the state in the near future.
How Does Arbella Insurance Group Auto Insurance Rate?
Depending on the rating system you look at, Arbella Insurance Group ranges from poor to excellent in terms of its customer satisfaction.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
The Arbella Insurance Group gets an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, but the customer reviews paint a less flattering picture of their customer satisfaction. Those reviewers give the group an average score of less than 1.5 stars out of five. However, keep in mind that this rating is based on just 15 reviews.
AM Best ranks insurance companies on their perceived financial strength, which can be used as a way to gauge whether or not the company is able to meet its obligations to customers in the event of a claim. Based on Arbella Insurance Group’s A- grade, the company has a positive outlook in that area. Just keep in mind that this rating is not a warranty.
Arbella Insurance Group Insurance Features
In general, the company’s insurance offerings are solid for drivers in Massachusetts, while drivers in Connecticut are limited to fewer options. Their customer support features, on the other hand, are moderate, regardless of location
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Bill PayCustomers have a few payment options, including going through MyArbella, the company’s online portal, paying online outside of that portal, signing up for autopay or via a phone call.
- Online ClaimsYou have several options to report a claim, including doing so online or via the MyArbella portal.
Arbella Insurance Group Auto Coverage
For those who are looking for a basic or minimal car insurance policy, consider the coverages you can expect to find with Arbella.
- Type of CoverageDescription
- Personal Injury ProtectionCoverage for your car’s occupants in the event of a collision, regardless of who was at fault.
- LiabilityProtection for losses, including those causing bodily injury or property damage to others.
Optional Insurance Features and Coverage
Arbella Insurance Group provides a fairly minimal lineup of additional car insurance features. And it’s worth noting that it does not provide roadside assistance, which can be a deal-breaker for some.
- Type of OptionDescription
- Accident ForgivenessAn endorsement that waives surcharge points you would typically acquire if you were to get in an accident (Not available in Connecticut).
- Gap CoverageCovers the difference between your vehicle’s worth and how much you owe in the event of a total loss.
- OtherOriginal equipment manufacturer parts: Provides coverage for damaged property to be replaced with the original manufacturer parts, whenever available (Only available in Connecticut and is limited to covered claims and vehicles).
Available Discounts on Arbella Insurance Group Car Insurance Coverage
Arbella Insurance Group offers a wide array of car-insurance related discounts for drivers in Massachusetts drivers, while drivers in Connecticut have comparatively limited options.
- Type of DiscountDescription
- Driver TrainingMassachusetts - Driver Simulator Training- An option geared toward inexperienced drivers (can get you up to 7% off). Advanced Driver Training - Up to 5% off for successfully completing two driver training courses.
- Good StudentMassachusetts - Applies to those with less than six years driving history who maintain a B GPA or higher.
- New VehicleConnecticut - If you’ve never had your car with this insurer, you could earn up to 7% in savings. Massachusetts - Save up to 12% on your car insurance if you’re new to the insurer.
- Multi VehicleMassachusetts - Multi-Car Family - Applies to drivers who live in the same house as their parents or guardians. Massachusetts - Multi-Car Individual/Spouse - An option for single individuals, or those who live with a spouse, who insure more than one car with Arbella.
- LoyaltyMassachusetts - Earn up to 1% for each year you stay with the company.
Other Arbella Insurance Group Insurance Products
Arbella Insurance Group offers a decent selection of other insurance options. Some of them are also available in other states. For those who are looking to bundle their insurance policies and save, this could be a good option. But, again, since their auto insurance is limited to just two states, it may not be the best car insurance option if you see yourself moving out of state in the near future.
- Type of ProductDescription
- Homeowners InsuranceThis includes several insurance options designed to meet the needs of different individuals, including: homeowners, renters, condo and landlord insurance.
- Umbrella InsuranceProvides an extra layer of protection and coverage for your home or auto policy.
- Business InsuranceA range of insurance options for those who own a business, including options like: business car and truck insurance, workers’ compensation insurance and commercial umbrella insurance.
- Motorcycle InsuranceProvides personal injury protection and comprehensive coverage for your motorcycle, as well as towing and labor and a substitute vehicle in the event of an accident.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With Arbella Insurance Group
You can either call their toll-free customer service number, complete the online claims form or file a claim through MyArbella, the company’s mobile-friendly self-service portal.
Contact Arbella Insurance Group Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
About the Author