If you want a car insurance quote that's fully accurate, you'll have to tell an insurance company some personal information. But MoneyGeek's car insurance quote calculator allows you to get an anonymous estimate without revealing any personal details.
How To Get an Anonymous Car Insurance Quote Without Providing Personal Information
Getting a free, anonymous quote for auto insurance without providing your name or other personal information is becoming more appealing for shoppers. While generic car insurance quotes aren’t exact, they can provide a cost estimate to help you determine which companies best fit your needs.
Once you narrow down your choices, the car insurance company you choose will require some personal information to complete the quote process. This is because auto insurance costs can vary based on individual factors like age, gender, driving history and credit score.
MoneyGeek’s car insurance calculator rate studies and are here to help you estimate the cost of auto insurance so you can find the lowest cost insurance company with the best coverage. If you're happy with your estimates and ready to get a finalized quote, enter your ZIP code in the field below.
Table of Contents
Anonymously Estimate Car Insurance Costs With MoneyGeek’s Calculator
With MoneyGeek’s car insurance estimator tool, you can get a reasonably close estimate on your auto insurance. MoneyGeek analyzed hundreds of thousands of quotes across the country to determine how multiple factors will affect your auto insurance cost without you having to give up your personal information. With the calculator, you can get a range of what you can expect to pay with various auto insurance companies.
It takes a couple of minutes and a few basic pieces of information about your driving habits, and you’ll receive multiple quotes in seconds. The car insurance quotes are free, anonymous, no-obligation, with no sign-up needed. Though not a guaranteed rate, the cost information can help you find the best auto insurance company for your specific needs.
Auto Insurance Calculator
Comprehensive and Collision Insurance
Click the section of the wheel in your price range to see options.
Click the section of the wheel in your price range to see options.
Click an insurer below to visit their review page or continue to your personalized quote.
To get the lowest rate possible from a reputable company, MoneyGeek suggests getting quotes from at least three car insurance companies after you narrow down your list using the estimator tool. Then you can compare and decide which auto insurance company fits your needs and budget. After that, you’re ready to switch insurance companies.
Cost Comparisons Without Personal Information on MoneyGeek
When shopping around to save money on car insurance, focus on your individual needs and priorities. Do you want to find the cheapest car insurance? Are you looking to insure a teen, or are you an older driver? Are you considering liability-only, or do you need a policy that provides comprehensive and collision coverage? Knowing your priorities can help you find the best rates for your unique situation.
- Cheapest Car insurance: Finding the cheapest car insurance is easiest when you have multiple quotes to compare. Quotes can vary by company based on individual and household factors, coverage needs and discount eligibility.
- The Best Car Insurance companies: The best car insurance company is the one that meets your insurance needs at a price that fits your budget. Find the right company without filling out multiple quote forms with your personal information.
- Best Car Insurance for Teen Drivers: There’s no denying it — insuring a teen driver can be expensive. Find out which are the cheapest car insurance companies in your state offering the best coverage for new, inexperienced drivers.
- Car Insurance for Military Members: Whether you’re on active duty or a veteran, insurance companies offer perks to those who serve our country. And these perks can include discounts on cheap car insurance without sacrificing the best coverage options.
- Cheapest Full Coverage Companies: If your car is only a few years old or still has a high book value, it pays to find the cheapest full coverage car insurance company. This coverage may be more expensive than liability-only coverage, but it satisfies requirements you must meet for a lienholder or leaseholder.
- Cheapest Liability Companies: If you have an older car, you might not need to pay extra for comprehensive and collision coverage. But you’ll still want the cheapest liability-only coverage from the best car insurance company.
- Average Cost of Car Insurance: Car insurance costs vary depending on whether you pay by the month or for a longer period, like six months. Find the average costs per month and year to help you find coverage that meets your needs.
Using generic car insurance quotes can help you narrow down the best companies to meet your needs so you can limit how many get your personal information.
Can You Get a Quote Without Providing Personal Information?
You can get an anonymous, no-obligation estimate on auto insurance, but it’s challenging if not impossible to get an exact quote. However, using generic car insurance quotes can help you narrow down your list of insurance companies before providing your personal information.
MoneyGeek has made the process easier for you by getting multiple online car insurance quotes without personal information to compare. While each company will ask for different information, when you’re ready to get a quote with your personal information, be prepared to provide:
- Your information, such as your name, date of birth and driver’s license number
- Driving information for others in your household
- The year, make and model of each car to insure
- Where the vehicle will be parked
- All drivers' history and driving habits
- Current insurance information
Which Companies Require the Least Personal Information for a Quote?
To find the simplest quoting process, we tested and compared different car insurance companies so that you wouldn’t have to provide your name or sign up to do preliminary research. Find out which companies have the most straightforward or complicated auto quote process and which ones require the most and least personal information.
The Most Detailed Quote Process: Allstate
The quoting process with Allstate was the longest, taking over five minutes to complete. The system also wanted the most detail before finalizing the quote.
The Fastest Quote Process: The General
The General claims their quote process can be done in about two minutes, and we found this to be true. The General has the easiest and fastest quoting process, requiring the least amount of personal information to get a car insurance quote.
The “Middle Ground” Quote Process: Progressive
We were able to get a car insurance quote from Progressive in under four minutes. With Progressive, you must supply your email address and social security number to continue with the quote.
The Quote Process That Requires Just Your Email: GEICO
The quoting process with GEICO took about three and a half minutes. With GEICO, you don’t have to enter your social security number, but they do require an email address to get the auto insurance quote.
The Most Involved Quote Process: State Farm
Getting a car insurance quote with State Farm took about the same time as it did with GEICO. With State Farm, you have to supply either your state and driver’s license number or your social security number. State Farm also requires an email address before the website will provide a quote.
FAQs About Anonymous Car Insurance
We gathered the most frequently asked questions about anonymous car insurance quotes to simplify your shopping experience.
About the Author