Although this may not be the cheapest car insurance available, Plymouth Rock Assurance could be good for those drivers who want a reliable company that provides quality customer satisfaction and fulfills claims without difficulty.
Auto Insurance Review: Plymouth Rock Assurance
As a regional car insurance company, Plymouth Rock Assurance offers a lot of options for those who want to personalize their policies. Competitive rates and a low number of customer complaints make Plymouth Rock Auto Assurance a promising candidate for individuals looking for car insurance.
How Does Plymouth Rock Assurance Auto Insurance Rate?
Plymouth Rock Assurance receives high scores in such factors as financial strength and customer satisfaction from such notable sources as AM Best, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). These high ratings make the company a good choice for drivers who want a reliable car insurance company that delivers on its policy coverage.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
Plymouth Rock Assurance received an A+ rating from the BBB. The BBB takes into consideration public complaints, information from public data sources, and information directly from the business itself. Although it’s not a guarantee of how well a company actually performs, it is a good indicator to work with when researching a car insurance company.
Customer Complaint Ratio
Plymouth Rock Assurance
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners looks at customer complaints each year to determine a customer complaint ratio for an insurance company to see how it compares to other companies. The national median complaint ratio is 1. Plymouth Rock car insurance has a complaint ratio of 0.87.
To determine a car insurance company’s ability to fulfill its financial obligations to its customers, AM Best reviews and issues car insurance companies a financial strength rating. While it is not a guarantee of how well a company will deliver on its insurance policies, it is a good factor to consider when shopping around to get a car insurance quote. AM Best’s rating for Plymouth Rock Assurance is A-.
Plymouth Rock Assurance Insurance Features
Although it does not have a mobile app, Plymouth Rock Assurance does offer online access to customer accounts, where customers can log in to maintain and update their policies. Customers looking for a more tech-focused insurance experience may wish to look elsewhere for auto insurance.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Bill PayUpdate your payment plan at any time.
- Online ClaimsYou can file a claim at any time online, through the app or by phone. Additionally, you can track existing claims online or using the app.
- Mobile AppThrough your online account, you can review your policy and make any changes at any time.
Plymouth Rock Assurance Auto Coverage
Plymouth Rock Assurance includes a range of coverage options, from required liability to full coverage.
- Type of CoverageDescription
- CollisionIf your vehicle collides with another vehicle or object that is not a car accident and sustains damage, this coverage will pay for the damage.
- UninsuredIn the event you or your passengers are injured or or sustain property damage in a car accident by another driver who does not have insurance or sufficient insurance, this coverage will pay your expenses.
- LiabilityPays for expenses when others are injured or damage is sustained during a car accident where you are at fault.
Optional Insurance Features and Coverage
Plymouth Rock Assurance has an additional feature that can enhance your regular coverage.
- Type of OptionDescription
- Roadside AssistanceIf you need a tow, this coverage pays for it
- Medical PaymentsPays expenses for you and others when you are injured in a car accident.
Available Discounts on Plymouth Rock Assurance Car Insurance Coverage
Plymouth Rock Assurance offers a number of discounts such as anti-theft, paid-in-full and teen driver discounts that could make your car insurance rates quite affordable.
- Type of DiscountDescription
- Driver TrainingReceive extra savings upon completion of an approved defensive driving or driver training course.
- Good StudentHigh school and college students who earn good grades can receive a discount.
- Anti TheftIf your car has specific safety features, you could save extra on your car insurance.
- Away At SchoolCollege students attending college away from home could see extra savings.
- PaperlessSign up for paperless document delivery to save on your rates.
Other Plymouth Rock Assurance Insurance Products
Car insurance is just one type of insurance offered by this company. Talk with an agent to determine if bundling car insurance with these options will earn you a discount.
- Type of ProductDescription
- Homeowners InsuranceLandlord Insurance: Protects property owners against damages to their residence. Also covers surrounding permanent structures, such as garages.
- Renters InsuranceReplaces your personal property in the event of loss or damage, provides living expenses if you are unable to occupy your apartment, and covers certain lawsuit and medical liability expenses.
- Umbrella InsuranceThis is extra coverage that goes above and beyond the existing limits on your regular insurance.
- Condo InsuranceCovers the contents in your condo, including personal property, flooring, cabinets, fixtures and other items. Also will cover your living expenses if you cannot occupy your condo. In addition, it provides for certain legal and medical liability expenses.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With Plymouth Rock Assurance
To file a claim, go online to the website or file through the app. Make sure you have the date, time and location of your incident as well as any photos documenting the damages.
Contact Plymouth Rock Assurance Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
About the Author
- Better Business Bureau. "Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation." Accessed March 30, 2020.