Fred Loya could be a great option if you want general car insurance from a smaller company. The group offers several different types of insurance to fit individual needs but falls short on providing excellent customer service.
Auto Insurance Review: Loya Insurance
Fred Loya, the 18th largest Hispanic-owned-and-operated business in the U.S., focuses on providing general auto insurance coverage to drivers in 11 states. The company offers a variety of car insurance options at affordable rates, but consumer reviews submitted to the Better Business Bureau suggest Fred Loya sometimes receives complaints around customer service support and access to funds once files are claimed.
How Does Loya Insurance Auto Insurance Rate?
Because Fred Loya does not have a national footprint, consumer reporting agencies such as J.D. Power and AM Best do not rank the agency.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives Fred Loya a "B+" rating, though this score is not based on customer satisfaction. Fred Loya car insurance customer reviews on BBB raise issues around problems making claims and unresponsive customer service. Consumers give the company an average one-star rating out of a possible five.
Customer Complaint Ratio
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) compiles records on consumer complaints to help individuals make informed decisions about who they choose to insure them. The national median complaint ratio was 1.0 for 2019, while Fred Loya Insurance received a complaint ratio of 2.01. This signifies that the company received more complaints than the national average.
Loya Insurance Insurance Features
What began as a single location in 1974 now encompasses 726 offices and more than 600,000 insured drivers. If you want to find the best auto insurance, it's important to get quotes from several different companies.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Price QuotesUsers enter their zip code on the website and can receive a quote if they have relevant paperwork handy.
- Online Bill PayCustomers can use a secure payment form to keep up with their insurance premiums.
Loya Insurance Auto Coverage
Fred Loya provides multiple insurance types and plans to meet the needs of a variety of customers.
- Type of CoverageDescription
- CollisionDamages caused by your vehicle are covered with collision insurance.
- Personal Injury ProtectionPIP covers medical expenses regardless of fault status and typically covers lost wages.
- UninsuredIf the person you are in a wreck with does not have insurance or holds inadequate insurance, this can be used for expenses they do not cover.
Optional Insurance Features and Coverage
Aside from standard insurance coverage, customers can add optional features if they desire.
- Type of OptionDescription
- Rental ReimbursementFred Loya provides liability coverage for rental vehicles used temporarily as a replacement to a customer's main vehicle.
- Medical PaymentsThis insurance covers any necessary medical expenses required by injuries you or your passengers sustain in a wreck.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With Loya Insurance
Fred Loya accepts claims through the customer service hotline Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. MST and Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. MST. Callers will be asked to provide information about the claim and the representative will assign them to a liability claims adjuster. This staff member will call the customer within 24 hours of the initial report.
Contact Loya Insurance Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
About the Author