Consumers looking for cheap car insurance that meets state requirements can find both of these at Good2Go. If you decide to use Good2Go, know that you could have trouble getting through to customer service or with receiving the necessary documentation. Individuals who want to avoid the hassle may want to find a better option and compare car insurance from several providers.
Auto Insurance Review: Good2go
Good2Go brands itself as a national car insurance company focused on helping customers find minimum limits insurance that meets state requirements. The company provides several discounts that can further reduce premiums, but reviews submitted to the Better Business Bureau suggest that customer service offerings could be improved as claims are at times unresponsive. Car insurance reviews can help you find the best car insurance for your needs.
How Does Good2go Auto Insurance Rate?
Good2Go does not feature on review rankings compiled by consumer reporting agencies such as J.D. Power or AM Best due to its size. Still, this does not mean that customers who want minimum limits coverage can't find what they're looking for at Good2Go.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives Good2Go an "A+" rating but this does not take into account Good2Go car insurance customer reviews. The group receives an average one star rating from consumers on BBB who have used their insurance. The Good2Go car insurance reviews point to issues around subpar customer service, lack of communication, trouble reporting claims and problems getting documentation.
Customer Complaint Ratio
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) maintains a database of annual complaints for auto insurance companies. While the national median for complaints is 1.0 for 2019, Good2Go received a score of 4.52. This means the company received substantially more complaints than the average auto insurance agency.
Good2go Insurance Features
Good2Go fills a niche need by offering minimum limits car insurance to drivers who only want to meet state requirements for their insurance. Customers who want to ensure they can drive legally in their state without overpaying often turn to Good2Go.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Price QuotesPeople start the process by entering their zip code and can receive a quote less than one minute after starting the application.
- Online Bill PayCustomers can login to the digital portal and manage their account remotely.
- Online ClaimsIn addition to a 24/7 hotline, customers can also file claims through a secure portal.
Good2go Auto Coverage
Because Good2Go focuses only on minimum limits, it does not offer as many types of coverage as other providers.
- Type of CoverageDescription
- LiabilityThis insurance covers damage to the other driver's car if you are found at fault. Minimum limits range from $5,000 to $50,000 per occurrence.
Optional Insurance Features and Coverage
Good2go provides a couple of optional insurance features for customers if they choose to utilize them.
- Type of OptionDescription
- New CarThis extends transportation expense coverage. It pays for your daily rental limit for the duration of repairs, or it replaces your vehicle.
- OtherHigh-Risk Coverage: Good2Go provides high-risk coverage for individuals convicted of a DUI/DWI. They also offer this type of insurance for teenagers, seniors, individuals with bad credit and those with poor driving records.
Available Discounts on Good2go Car Insurance Coverage
Good2Go customers who take advantage of discounts can combine savings and make a big dent in their monthly or annual premiums.
- Type of DiscountDescription
- Safe DriverRequirements include no recent at-fault accidents, moving violations, or vehicle claims. Average discounts range from 10% to 25%.
- Defensive DriverPass an approved defensive driving course and save between 5% to 15%.
- Good StudentDrivers aged 16 to 25 with a "B" average or above in school can save 5% to 20%.
- Multi VehicleInsuring more than one car with Good2Go can save you 10% to 25%.
- LoyaltySticking with Good2Go can save 3% to 5%.
Other Good2go Insurance Products
- Type of ProductDescription
- Homeowners Insurance
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With Good2go
Good2Go maintains a staffed hotline open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 7:20 p.m. EST. Claims that need to be called in outside these hours can be reported via an automated system.
Contact Good2go Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
About the Author
- Better Business Bureau. "Good 2 Go Auto Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Good2Go. "Car Insurance Discounts." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Good2Go. "Car Insurance Laws & Requirements By State." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Good2Go. "High-Risk Auto Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Good2Go. "How Do I Report A Car Insurance Claim." Accessed March 24, 2020.