Country Financial Auto Insurance provides a solid option for many who live within the states it serves. But it’s generally going to be best for those who are looking for a localized option while still preserving those modern conveniences — like a mobile app and online bill pay — that you’d find with a national insurer.
Auto Insurance Review: Country Financial
Country Financial’s Auto InsuranceAuto Insurance is available in 19 states, scattered throughout the country. The coverages and discounts available can vary by location, but are generally solid, while their customer satisfaction is where the company shines. In general, it’s best suited to those who live within the coverage areas and value convenience and customer service
How Does Country Financial Auto Insurance Rate?
If you look at ratings Country Financial Auto Insurance has received from companies like J.D. Power and AM Best, the company positively differentiates itself from other insurance companies, with ratings above the curve. That makes the company an especially attractive option for those who prioritize customer service in their insurance company.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
J.D. Power’s Auto Claims Satisfaction Study looks at several important factors, like overall customer satisfaction, repair process and settlement. Country Financial ranks extremely well across the board, earning mostly 5 out of 5’s. That favorably places it on the higher end of the ratings board, as compared with other insurers.
Customer Complaint Ratio
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) rates insurance companies based on the number of recorded complaints. The national median is 1. Companies with a rating higher than one mean they receive more complaints than most insurance companies. The lower the rating, the better. Country Financial was rated with a 0.28, meaning they receive fewer complaints than most insurance companies.
A.M. Best’s ratings system focuses on the financial strength of an insurer, as a way to gauge how well-positioned it is to be able to meet its financial obligations to customers. According to Country Financial’s A+ rating, the company is stable in this regard. Just keep in mind that this rating is an estimate, not a warranty.
Country Financial Insurance Features
Country Financial provides comparable support and features that you would find with some of the national insurers. It even goes beyond the typical car insurance coverages to offer less common options, like savings schemes and roadside assistance.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Bill PayOnce you register your online account, you can pay your bills online, rather than having to call in.
- Online ClaimsYou can also file claims online, which can help if you get in an accident at an odd time of day or simply don’t want to use the customer service phone number option.
- Mobile AppCustomers can access their insurance cards, pay their bill, and contact their representative through the mobile app, which is available on iPhone and Android devices.
Country Financial Auto Coverage
Consider some of the basic coverages you’d likely find with an auto insurance policy with Country Financial.
- Type of CoverageDescription
- CollisionProvides coverage for damage to your car when you're in a car accident.
- Personal Injury ProtectionCovers certain losses from an accident, like lost wages and child care expenses.
- UninsuredProtects you if you’re hit by someone who doesn’t have, or doesn’t have enough, insurance.
- LiabilityIncludes bodily injury and property damage coverage options.
Optional Insurance Features and Coverage
In addition to the typical coverages, Country Financial provides access to several other options.
- Type of OptionDescription
- Rental ReimbursementReimburses you for up to $800 for a rental car, provided you have a covered loss. This also includes travel expenses.
- Roadside AssistanceProvides assistance if you end up stranded on the side of the road.
- Auto Glass RepairWaives your comprehensive deductible for the cost of replacing or repairing glass, like a windshield, in your car.
- New Car“The Keeper” option pays for a replacement car if yours is severely damaged.
- Personal EffectsProtects covered valuables in your car.
Available Discounts on Country Financial Car Insurance Coverage
Country Financial offers a solid amount of discounts to its customers, including common discounts like bundling, and occupation and student discounts. They also offer less traditional discounts, like those for engaged couples or who get an advance quote.
- Type of DiscountDescription
- Safe DriverA discount for those who go three years without accidents or traffic tickets.
- Defensive DriverThose who complete a state-approved motor vehicle defensive driving course may be eligible for a discount of up to 5%.
- Driver TrainingThe Simply Drive Discount applies to newly licensed drivers who complete the company’s “Simply Drive” course.
- Good StudentHelps full-time students who earn at least a B grade point average gain access to additional savings.
- Multi VehicleThose who insure two or more cars with Country Financial can save up to 30%, and the discount can extend to single drivers under 25 who live away from home.
Other Country Financial Insurance Products
Country Financial offers a wide array of other insurance options. That can be especially helpful if you want to take advantage of bundling, which can help you save. However, keep in mind that, in general, it’s still important to look into other options as you may save more by going with another insurer.
- Type of ProductDescription
- Homeowners InsuranceInsurance products are available for homeowners, condo owners, renters, landlords and owners of mobile homes.
- Umbrella InsuranceProvides extra coverage for your auto insurance policy for, “up to $1 million or more.”
- Life InsuranceIncludes term, universal and whole life insurance products that can help cover costs in the event of the policyholder’s death.
- Business InsuranceProvides coverage for business owners, with products like commercial packages, specialized coverages, as well as specific options for winery and brewery owners.
- Agricultural InsuranceFarmers and ranchers can get coverage for livestock and country estates, as well as farms, ranches, and crops. Crop policy options include comprehensive hail insurance as well as specialized federal crop insurance policies.