The Cincinnati Insurance Company is a solid insurance provider with a larger selection of coverage options and features to explore. If you’re looking for a new insurance provider or want one with features you could actually see yourself using, contact The Cincinnati Insurance Company.
Auto Insurance Review: Cincinnati Insurance
The Cincinnati Insurance Company has a solid offering of auto insurance policies and options. This company offers competitive rates and boasts a handful of features. If you’re looking to switch up your current car insurance policy or shop around for quotes, this company is well worth looking into.
How Does Cincinnati Insurance Auto Insurance Rate?
The Better Business Bureau gives the Cincinnati Financial Company an overall rating of A+. The BBB does not have a specific rating for just the Cincinnati Insurance Company, but rather the entire parent company.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
In general, customers appear to be satisfied with The Cincinnati Insurance company’s customer service. The BBB does report mixed reviews on the claims process, however, with some customers leaving 5-star reviews and others leaving only 1-star reviews.
Customer Complaint Ratio
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) maintains an annual index of insurance companies' complaint ratios. The median score throughout the country is 1. Companies that have a score higher than 1 have more complaints than the national median; companies scoring lower than 1 mean they receive fewer complaints than the national median. The Cincinnati Insurance Company’s customer complaint ratio is 0.68.
The Cincinnati Insurance Company has a strong financial backing, with AM Best giving this company a rating of A+ or Superior. The Cincinnati Insurance Company is a $2-billion-or-greater-sized insurance provider that is considered stable.
Cincinnati Insurance Insurance Features
One of the main features that sets the Cincinnati Insurance Company apart from other car insurance providers is the large range of features you’re eligible to enroll in. This company offers a personal auto plus package that contains a range of benefits and features for customers.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Bill PayView, manage and pay your bill online. You can set up automatic payments and review your payment history.
- Online ClaimsFile and track claims online, so you always know where you’re at in the process.
- Mobile AppAccess your policy, file a claim, pay your bill and more from anywhere with the MyCincinnati mobile app.
Cincinnati Insurance Auto Coverage
The Cincinnati Insurance Company offers a wide selection of auto insurance coverage to choose from.
- Type of CoverageDescription
- CollisionThis coverage helps pay for the costs to repair or replace your vehicle if it was damaged or totaled in an accident.
- UninsuredThis coverage helps pay for your expenses if the other driver in the accident is uninsured or underinsured.
- LiabilityBodily injury liability: If you’re found at fault in an accident, this coverage helps pay for the other driver’s medical damages and expenses. Property damage liability: If you’re found at fault in an accident, this coverage helps pay to repair or replace damaged vehicles and property.
Optional Insurance Features and Coverage
If you want protections that extend beyond the minimum coverage options, the Cincinnati Insurance Company provides options.
- Type of OptionDescription
- Personal EffectsThis features package provides a variety of benefits for customers, including airbag replacement, roadside assistance, lock replacement, child safety seat replacement, deductible waiver and more.
- Medical PaymentsNo matter who was at fault, this coverage helps pay for your medical expenses if you were injured in an auto accident.
- OtherReplacement Cost Plus: If you’re in an accident and your car is totaled, this coverage will help you repay the balance owed or offer you a comparable new car.
Available Discounts on Cincinnati Insurance Car Insurance Coverage
Discounts are not well documented on the Cincinnati Insurance Company website, and may be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, depending on your policy.
- Type of DiscountDescription
- Safe DriverYou might be able to save money for being a good driver and living a healthy lifestyle.
- Multi PolicySave money when you bundle insurance policies through Cincinnati Insurance Company.
- Safety EquipmentInstalling and maintaining your car’s safety equipment can qualify you for discounts.
- Claim HistoryYou may be eligible for discounts if you have no history of claims for a long period of time.
Other Cincinnati Insurance Insurance Products
You can save money when you bundle insurance policies. Cincinnati Insurance Company currently offers additional insurance coverage options.
- Type of ProductDescription
- Homeowners InsuranceGet coverage for your home that extends to the structure, belongings inside, and exterior fixtures. Cincinnati Insurance Company also provides earthquake coverage for homes.
- Renters InsuranceGet coverage for everything you own inside your rental unit if fire, theft or other events cause damages or losses.
- Umbrella InsuranceSometimes auto, homeowners and rental insurance can’t pay for everything. Umbrella insurance can help you bridge this gap by covering expenses other policies don’t.
- Identity Theft InsuranceRecover up to $25,000 in losses and cover your expenses to correct your credit reports if your identity is stolen.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With Cincinnati Insurance
You can submit a claim quickly through the Cincinnati Insurance Company. To get started, talk to an agent, file a claim online, or go onto your MyCincinnati app.
Contact Cincinnati Insurance Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
About the Author