Acceptance Auto Insurance may be a good option for risky drivers who don’t have as many choices when getting quotes for car insurance. Their weak financial strength and poor handling of customer complaints are concerning. People who have a clean driving history and average or better credit will likely find better rates with other companies.
Auto Insurance Review: Acceptance
Acceptance Auto Insurance offers non-standard car insurance rates to those classified as risky drivers. Risky drivers consist of drivers convicted of DUI, people with poor driving or claims history, young and elderly drivers and more. Their rates can be higher than competitors in the non-standard market, and reviews indicate poor customer satisfaction once complaints are filed. If you have a good driving and claims history with average or better credit, or if budget is the main concern, it might be best to check with other carriers.
How Does Acceptance Auto Insurance Rate?
Insurance companies are scored using different criteria on how they resolve customer complaints. Reputable sources can include J.D. Power, AM Best, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). Acceptance Auto Insurance didn’t show any complaints filed with the NAIC. However, they received an A+ rating with the BBB and they received an A- score from AM Best, which implies strong general satisfaction and financial backing respectively.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
Customer satisfaction can make or break a company, and auto insurance companies are particularly vulnerable to the consequences of negative customer feedback. Companies like the BBB grade companies on how well they handle complaints. While Acceptance Auto Insurance has an A+ rating with the BBB, their customer satisfaction score is a single star. This indicates they have poor customer satisfaction when working to resolve complaints, mostly about the products and services themselves.
AM Best uses their Financial Strength Rating to show a company’s ability to pay insurance obligations, mainly customer claims. Though this is not a warranty or guarantee of longevity, the higher the financial rating, the more likely a company should be able to pay outstanding claim costs. Acceptance Auto Insurance currently has an A- with AM Best, which means they are typically able to meet their financial obligations.
Acceptance Insurance Features
Acceptance Auto Insurance offers standard coverage to some of the riskiest drivers: teens, seniors, those with bad credit or a bad driving record. They also offer different policies like homeowners, motorcycle and business insurance, which means you may be eligible for more discounts. Acceptance Car Insurance also has some unique features you typically don’t see on auto policies: hospital indemnity, accidental death, prescription coverage and reimbursement for some ticket violations.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Price QuotesIf the agent’s office is closed, you can still get a quote online. Just choose the type of insurance and get started.
- Online Bill PayUse your policy number and date of birth to access the online payment center without having to sign up for an account.
- Online ClaimsExisting customers can file a claim 24/7 online, including uploading documents, photos and checking on the status once a claim has been submitted.
- Mobile AppLog into your online account day or night to access and print policy documents, track claims and pay bills.
Acceptance Auto Coverage
Acceptance Auto Insurance offers the typical coverages you’d expect from standard and non-standard auto insurance companies. Coverages include liability, medical payments and uninsured/underinsured motorists coverages. Optional coverages include comprehensive, collision and personal injury protection.
- Type of CoverageDescription
- CollisionProvides coverage if the vehicle is damaged or totalled in an at-fault accident, less your deductible.
- Personal Injury ProtectionOnly offered in certain states, this coverage is an extension of medical payments but also includes lost wages coverage.
- UninsuredThis coverage protects you if you are injured or have your vehicle damaged by someone who either doesn’t have any insurance or low liability coverage.
- LiabilityRequired to own a vehicle in most states — liability is what protects the other person if you are at-fault in an accident and cause injuries or property damage.
Optional Insurance Features and Coverage
Acceptance Auto Insurance has some unique optional coverages for those who may need it. The standard coverages include roadside assistance and non-owners liability insurance. However, they also have some optional features that most car insurance companies don’t offer like hospital indemnity, accidental death, and prescription coverage.
- Type of OptionDescription
- Roadside AssistanceGet access to towing services 24/7
- Accidental Death DismembermentThis coverage can provide your beneficiary with a set amount if you pass away and is separate from any other type of life insurance you have in place.
- Medical PaymentsWhen injured in an accident, this coverage will pay the cost of medical, hospital and rehabilitation up to the policy limits.
- OtherPrescription coverage: Rarely offered on auto insurance, this optional coverage would give you up to 20% off certain prescription costs.
Other Acceptance Insurance Products
Auto insurance companies that offer other types of insurance allow their customers to take advantage of bundling their services with one carrier. Acceptance Auto Insurance can help you get the coverage you seek by being a one-stop-shop for your insurance needs. It’s always a good idea to get a quote from other companies to review and compare as well — even if they don’t offer bundling discounts — so you can determine who has the best coverage at an affordable price.
- Type of ProductDescription
- Homeowners InsuranceGet the coverage you need to protect your home. Acceptance Auto Insurance has several different policy types (condo, dwelling, mobile home) to choose from so you’re sure to find the right policy with the coverage you need and optional benefits to consider.
- Renters InsuranceA low-cost option for renters to protect their personal property and liability exposure while living in an apartment or someone’s home.
- Life InsuranceAcceptance Auto Insurance offers life insurance coverage.
- Business InsuranceWhether you need a Business Owners’ Policy (BOP), inland marine, property, auto, liability umbrella or workers’ compensation, Acceptance Auto Insurance can help.
- Travel InsuranceMexico travel insurance: If you have plans to travel to Mexico, you’ll need to make sure the vehicle(s) you take are in compliance. This policy type can cover your travel trailer, RV, motorcycle and ATV.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With Acceptance
There are a few different ways to file a claim with Acceptance Auto Insurance. If you’re a current customer,<a href="https://www.acceptanceinsurance.com/report-a-claim/" target="_blank">file online</a>. Customers and claimants can call the toll free number 800-779-2103 to file their claim. The claims office is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CST, and Saturday through Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST. If calling, you can remain on the line for English or press 2 for Spanish. Then, press the right number to get you to the correct department.
Contact Acceptance Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "About Us." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Better Business Bureau. "Acceptance Insurance Company." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners. "Acceptance Insurance Company Complaint Ratio Report." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- AM Best Rating Services. "Acceptance Insurance Company." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "My Account." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Get a Quote." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Report a Claim." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Auto Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Roadside Assistance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Non-Owner Auto Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Homeowners Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Renters Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Pet Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Life Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Mexico Travel Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Commercial Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Motorcycle Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Locations." Accessed March 24, 2020.