Acceptance Auto Insurance Review: Quotes and Service (2022)
Acceptance Auto Insurance is an average-rated insurer based on MoneyGeek’s rating system, with a score of 73 out of 100. The company was awarded an excellent rating on customer satisfaction and received an average score on stability and below-average on discounts. High-risk drivers may like Acceptance because of its unique TicketProof coverage option.
Compare Auto Insurance Rates
Ensure you're getting the best rate for your auto insurance. Compare quotes from the top insurance companies.
Acceptance Auto Insurance received an excellent score for customer satisfaction, but its stability score is average and the complaint rating is low.
To learn more about Acceptance and other insurers, you can read MoneyGeek’s resources on the cheapest car insurance companies and the best car insurance companies. You can also compare Acceptance to other insurers using our auto insurance company comparison tool.
How Does Acceptance Rank for Customer Service?
Insurance companies are scored using different criteria on how they resolve customer complaints. Reputable sources can include J.D. Power, AM Best, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). Acceptance Auto Insurance didn’t show any complaints filed with the NAIC. However, they received an A+ rating with the BBB and they received an A- score from AM Best, which implies strong general satisfaction and financial backing respectively.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
Customer satisfaction can make or break a company, and auto insurance companies are particularly vulnerable to the consequences of negative customer feedback. Companies like the BBB grade companies on how well they handle complaints. While Acceptance Auto Insurance has an A+ rating with the BBB, their customer satisfaction score is a single star. This indicates they have poor customer satisfaction when working to resolve complaints, mostly about the products and services themselves.
Discounts Offered by Acceptance That Can Help You Save
Most auto insurance companies offer discounts on their policies for drivers to save even more. Acceptance Auto Insurance doesn’t clearly define what discounts they offer, so it’s advised to contact them and get a personalized quote to see if any of their discounts apply to you.
Compare Acceptance Directly With Other Car Insurance Companies
Our resources at MoneyGeek can help you narrow down your options when looking for an auto insurance company in your state. If you want to compare Acceptance Auto Insurance and other insurers, you can use our comparison tool to help you decide on what company suits you best. The tool compares Acceptance with other insurance providers in terms of customer service, pricing and coverages. It also leads you to additional resources to help you pick the right insurer.
Does Acceptance Offer Broad or Unique Coverage?
Just like all insurers, Acceptance Auto Insurance offers standard coverages, such as liability insurance, comprehensive and collision insurance. You can also get common coverages like roadside assistance and rental car reimbursement.
Acceptance does offer unique add-on coverages, including hospital indemnity and reimbursement for some ticket violations through its TicketProof. These add-ons are useful to cover costs associated with a car accident injury or to help cover the cost of a ticket, traffic school or traffic court attorney fees.
What Online Auto Insurance Tools Does Acceptance Offer?
Acceptance Auto Insurance offers standard coverage to some of the riskiest drivers: teens, seniors, those with bad credit or a bad driving record. They also offer different policies like homeowners, motorcycle and business insurance, which means you may be eligible for more discounts. Acceptance Car Insurance also has some unique features you typically don’t see on auto policies: hospital indemnity, accidental death, prescription coverage and reimbursement for some ticket violations.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- Online Price QuotesIf the agent’s office is closed, you can still get a quote online. Just choose the type of insurance and get started.
- Online Bill PayUse your policy number and date of birth to access the online payment center without having to sign up for an account.
- Online ClaimsExisting customers can file a claim 24/7 online, including uploading documents, photos and checking on the status once a claim has been submitted.
- Mobile AppLog into your online account day or night to access and print policy documents, track claims and pay bills.
Other Acceptance Insurance Products
Auto insurance companies that offer other types of insurance allow their customers to take advantage of bundling their services with one carrier. Acceptance Auto Insurance can help you get the coverage you seek by being a one-stop-shop for your insurance needs. It’s always a good idea to get a quote from other car insurance companies to review and compare as well — even if they don’t offer bundling discounts — so you can determine who has the best coverage at an affordable price.
- Type of ProductDescription
- Homeowners InsuranceGet the coverage you need to protect your home. Acceptance Auto Insurance has several different policy types (condo, dwelling, mobile home) to choose from so you’re sure to find the right policy with the coverage you need and optional benefits to consider.
- Renters InsuranceA low-cost option for renters to protect their personal property and liability exposure while living in an apartment or someone’s home.
- Life InsuranceAcceptance Auto Insurance offers life insurance coverage.
- Business InsuranceWhether you need a Business Owners’ Policy (BOP), inland marine, property, auto, liability umbrella or workers’ compensation, Acceptance Auto Insurance can help.
- Travel InsuranceMexico travel insurance: If you have plans to travel to Mexico, you’ll need to make sure the vehicle(s) you take are in compliance. This policy type can cover your travel trailer, RV, motorcycle and ATV.
AM Best uses their Financial Strength Rating to show a company’s ability to pay insurance obligations, mainly customer claims. Though this is not a warranty or guarantee of longevity, the higher the financial rating, the more likely a company should be able to pay outstanding claim costs. Acceptance Auto Insurance currently has an A- with AM Best, which means they are typically able to meet their financial obligations.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With Acceptance
There are a few different ways to file a claim with Acceptance Auto Insurance. If you’re a current customer, file online. Customers and claimants can call the toll-free number 800-779-2103 to file their claim. The claims office is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CST, and Saturday through Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST. If calling, you can remain on the line for English or press 2 for Spanish. Then, press the right number to get you to the correct department.
Contact Acceptance Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "About Us." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Better Business Bureau. "Acceptance Insurance Company." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners. "Acceptance Insurance Company Complaint Ratio Report." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- AM Best Rating Services. "Acceptance Insurance Company." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "My Account." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Get a Quote." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Report a Claim." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Auto Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Roadside Assistance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Non-Owner Auto Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Homeowners Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Renters Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Pet Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Life Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Mexico Travel Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Commercial Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Motorcycle Insurance." Accessed March 24, 2020.
- Acceptance Insurance Company. "Locations." Accessed March 24, 2020.