21st Century is part of Farmers Insurance Group. Its auto insurance policies are aimed at consumers who want cheap coverage. This provider offers basic coverage levels and policies without many specialty plans. You can use 21st Century’s online quote tool to enter the coverage levels you want, customize your quote, view packages with different coverage levels or find programs that match your current coverage levels.
Auto Insurance Review: 21st Century
How Does 21st Century Auto Insurance Rate?
Farmers, the parent company of 21st Century, ranks in the middle of the best car insurance companies with a J.D. Power claims satisfaction rating of 3 out of 5. This carrier is a solid option for those looking for inexpensive auto insurance coverage.
Customer Satisfaction Rating
According to data provided by J.D. Power, Farmers (21st Century's parent company) receives a score of 816 points out of 1,000. Considering that the industry average score is 835, this score indicates that customers are slightly less satisfied with their services than those of a typical company.
Customer Complaint Ratio
21st Century’s customer complaint ratio is 2.85 as per the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). The national median is 1.00 — 21st Century’s 2.85 ratio indicates that there are nearly three times more complaints against this company than the average company.
According to AM Best, 21st Century’s parent company (Farmers) receives a financial strength rating of A, which indicates an excellent level of stability. This rating denotes the ability of a provider to meet its insurance obligations.
21st Century Insurance Features
You can easily shop for car insurance by comparing quotes from multiple providers. 21st Century stands out for its 24/7 coverage, effortless policy manageability, attractive savings options, useful mobile app and expert guidance.
21st Century offers good customer support features through its mobile app. You can use it to view ID cards and coverage details, pay bills and report a claim with a single touch.
- Type of FeatureDescription
- CalculatorsAn online rate calculator is available.
- Online Price QuotesGet a free quote online. Simply enter your ZIP code to start your quote.
- Online Bill Pay21st Century offers online bill pay.
- Online ClaimsYou can file your claim online.
- Payment OptionsPay your bill online on the company website.
21st Century Auto Coverage
21st Century's standard and additional coverage features include bodily injury liability, property damage liability, collision coverage, comprehensive coverage and uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage.
- Type of CoverageDescription
- CollisionCollision coverage pays for damage to your vehicle after any collision with another car.
- UninsuredThis coverage pays for your medical and related costs if you suffer an injury in an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
- LiabilityLiability coverage includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability.
Optional Insurance Features and Coverage
21st Century offers the following optional features and coverage for its policyholders.
- Type of OptionDescription
- Rental Reimbursement21st Century's rental reimbursement level starts at $30 per day, up to a total of $900. You also have the choice of an upgraded upper limit of $50 a day, up to a total of $1,500.
- Roadside AssistanceRoadside assistance is offered at no extra cost. The coverage price is $75, and you can opt to increase your coverage.
- Auto Glass RepairYou can report an auto glass repair claim via phone or online appointment.
- OtherBodily injury liability - You can select coverage levels from the state minimum to up to $1 million per incident. Property damage liability - The starting point is the state minimum, and you can increase the coverage to up to $200,000.
Available Discounts on 21st Century Car Insurance Coverage
21st Century's discounts are limited because its premiums are relatively cheap in the first place. You cannot bundle policies because this Farmers Group affiliate only offers auto insurance.
- Type of DiscountDescription
- Safe DriverThis discount is offered to drivers who have been licensed for three successive years while receiving no more than one point for moving violations.
- Defensive DriverDrivers who have no accidents or tickets for five years can get this discount.
- Good StudentThis discount is available for students under the age of 25 who maintain average grades of "B" or better.
- Multi Vehicle21st Century offers this discount if you insure two or more vehicles.
- Anti TheftYou can qualify for this discount by installing an anti-theft device in your car.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim With 21st Century
You can file a claim online or through the company’s 24-hour phone line. For online claim reporting, you can simply upload the required documents. A claims agent will contact you for follow-up details. 21st Century's website also offers a specific page for glass repair claims.
Contact 21st Century Car Insurance
Methodology and Assumptions
To evaluate and review auto insurance companies, MoneyGeek carefully weighs factors such as price, financial strength, policy features, customer satisfaction, service and other leading indicators. MoneyGeek also references publicly available data from industry leaders such as J.D. Power, AM Best and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about MoneyGeek’s review methodology here.
About the Author
- AM Best. "21st Century Insurance Company Profile." Accessed January 1, 2021.
- J.D. Power. "2019 U.S. Auto Claims Satisfaction Study." Accessed January 1, 2021.
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners. "21st Century Ins Co National Complaint Index Report." Accessed January 1, 2021.