The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Credit Card for Students
A good student credit card with cash back and no annual fees
- 1.5% Cash BackRewards Rate
- 18.24% – 28.24% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- None – GoodRecommended Credit
Each month, MoneyGeek thoroughly analyzes credit cards to find the best deals for you. Our methodology focuses on estimating each card’s long-term values, standardizing scoring for each card, re-ranking cards regularly, assessing the average spending for consumer profiles and more. We also utilize information from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau.
The Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Credit Card for Students has no annual fee, unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases and a 0% introductory APR for the first 18 billing cycles. Students also benefit from the $200 online cash rewards bonus if they reach $1,000 in purchases within 90 days of opening their account.
Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Credit Card for Students Overview
With the Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Card for Students, cardholders can utilize the 1.5% unlimited cash back on all purchases, enjoy no annual fee and work toward earning $200 in online cash rewards.
- No annual fees
- Earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- Earn an online $200 cash rewards bonus by spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days
- Redeem cash back as statement credit, direct deposit into a Bank of America checking/savings account or credit into a Merrill account
- 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 18 billing cycles, then a variable APR of 17.99% – 27.99% after that
- 0% APR applies on balance transfers that post within the first 60 days
- 3% balance transfer fee
- 3% foreign transaction fee (5% for cash advances)
- $0 liability guarantee
Important Card Details
To make sure you don’t miss small yet important details, read through the fine print of your credit card. That way, you’ll be prepared for any fees and charges that may arise. You can get the most out of your Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Card for Students card by fully understanding its benefits and drawbacks.
After the 0% introductory APR for the first 18 billing cycles, cardholders pay a standard APR of 17.99% – 27.99% for purchases and balance transfers.
Cardholders benefit from a $0 annual fee.
Balance transfer fee
When conducting balance transfers, cardholders incur a fee of 3% of each transaction or $10, whichever is greater. This is in addition to the APR.
Aside from rewards, the Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Card for Students has other features and perks. Let’s take a closer look at a few of them.
How the Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Credit Card for Students Compares To Other Cards
It’s helpful to compare the Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Card for Students to similar credit cards so you know if it suits your financial needs. Check its fees, benefits and rates below next to another student card.
How the Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Credit Card for Students Compares
Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Card for Students
- Annual fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 17.99% – 27.99% variable
- International transaction fee: 3%
- Cash back rate: Unlimited 1.5%
- Best for: Students that love cash back and a few extra perks
Journey Student Rewards from Capital One
- Annual fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 29.74% Variable
- International transaction fee: $0
- Cash back rate: Up to 1.25%
- Best for: Students who enjoy international travel
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.