The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Amazon Business Card
A good rewards card for business owners who make purchases through Amazon.com and Amazon Business
- 1 – 3% Cash BackRewards Rate
- 19.49% – 27.49% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- Good – ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek obtained information from roughly 2,500 credit cards listed in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's credit card agreement database. During our process, we assessed data points and analyzed average expenditure profiles and card bonuses. We also review and re-rank the data regularly to ensure it is current.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
There are many benefits that come with the Amazon Business Card. It protects your baggage and car rentals and gives you protection as well as an extended warranty on your purchases. Its rewards reach up to 3% at specific merchants. However, this card can have a high APR depending on your credit profile. It also has expensive penalties for late payments.
Amazon Business Card Overview
If you are thinking about applying for the Amazon Business Card, it can be beneficial to understand how the card’s bonuses and rewards work. Here’s what you need to know.
- No annual and foreign transaction fees
- Get a $100 Amazon.com gift card upon approval
- 60-day terms or 3% back on U.S. purchases at Amazon.com, Amazon Business, AWS and Whole Foods Market
- 3% back applies on a total spending of up to $120,000 each calendar year, and you get 1% back thereafter
- 2% back at U.S. restaurants and U.S. gas stations, as well as on wireless telephone services you purchase directly from U.S. service providers
- Redeem points to at checkout when shopping at Amazon Business (U.S.) and Amazon.com, or apply them toward purchases made using your card
- Employee cards earn rewards too
- Assign dedicated account managers
- Get year-end summaries
- Connect to QuickBooks
- Complimentary car rental loss and damage insurance and baggage insurance plan
- Complimentary purchase protection and extended warranty
- Access to Amex offers
Important Card Details
Pay attention to the details when it comes to fees and charges associated with your credit card. Look at the fine print to ensure you avoid avoidable charges.
No foreign transaction fee
A foreign transaction fee is an additional charge for every purchase made outside of the United States. Fortunately, the Amazon Business Card doesn’t have these fees. This can be a huge advantage for business owners who make purchases outside of the U.S.
The penalty APR for this card is 29.99%. This APR will apply when you make a returned payment, have two late payments in 12 months or when you fail to pay the minimum monthly amount due on time.
Regular purchase APR
This card has a regular purchase APR of 19.24% – 27.24% variable. Your rate will depend on your creditworthiness and other factors that may affect your application. It also varies on the Prime Rate.
1%–3% cash back rewards
Cardholders can earn 1%–3% back on their purchases depending on the purchase.
This card comes with a wide range of features that can help you track your credit card expenses as well as the expenses of your employees.
- Enhanced Data Views: American Express collects data from your Amazon Business Card transactions so it can give you a detailed list of your purchases. This list can be downloaded from your online statement. Business owners can benefit from this feature when they want to track their expenses.
- Employee card spending controls: The primary cardholder can put spending limits and category alerts on employee cards. Spending limits can be set online or by calling the customer service number on the back of your Amazon Business Card. Category alerts will also be sent to the primary cardholder when an employee card is used for purchases outside of the authorized spending category.
- Dispute resolution: The credit card issuer will help cardmembers resolve credit card claims when there are alleged fraudulent or incorrect transactions on your statement. Remember that cardmembers might not always get a positive result from dispute resolution, but getting help from the issuer is a huge help.
How the Amazon Business Card Compares To Other Cards
Due to its lack of fees, the Amazon Business Card can be useful for a lot of card owners. However, comparing it against other credit cards can help you figure out whether this credit card is the best for you.
How the Amazon Business Card Compares
Amazon Business Card
- Recommended Credit: Good to Excellent
- Reward rate: Up to 3% back rewards
- Annual fee: None
- APR range: 19.24% – 27.24% variable
- Best for: Business owners who frequently make overseas purchases. It’s also great for those who want to closely monitor their credit card expenses
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
- Recommended Credit: Good to Excellent
- Reward rate: Up to 5% cash back
- Annual fee: None
- APR range: 18.24% – 24.24%
- Best for: This card is best for small business owners who want to earn generous rewards
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.