The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- United Quest℠ Card
A good choice for United Airlines flyers looking to earn more miles and enjoy some travel perks
- 1–3 Miles per $1Rewards Rate
- 21.49% – 28.49% VariableAPR
- $250Annual Fee
- Good–ExcellentRecommended Credit
When it comes to credit card reviews, MoneyGeek follows a streamlined methodology that includes gathering data from Consumer Finance Protection Bureau’s database, standardizing data points for easy comparison, projecting average spend profiles, determining long-term value and conducting monthly re-rankings.
The United Quest℠ Card is a solid option for semi-frequent United Airlines flyers. It has a $250 annual fee, but its yearly United credit and free checked bags can help offset the cost. With this card, you’ll earn bonus miles on travel, dining and select streaming services. You also won’t have to worry about paying for foreign transaction fees if you use the card abroad.
United Quest℠ Card Overview
With the United Quest℠ Card, you can earn miles relatively quickly. It offers a hefty welcome bonus and makes collecting extra bonus points easy through travel purchases, restaurants and streaming services. And since United miles never expire, you’ll have plenty to use whenever you want to travel.
- Earn triple miles on United purchases
- Earn double miles on other travel, dining and select streaming services
- 25% back on United in-flight purchases
- Earn up to 3,000 Premier qualifying points
- Up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- Travel and purchase coverage
Important Card Details
When evaluating whether the United Quest℠ Card is right for you, it’s important to read and understand the fine print. This typically contains additional information such as interest rates, annual fees and balance transfer fees. By evaluating these associated fees, you can avoid incurring unexpected costs and make better financial decisions.
The United Quest℠ Card comes with a high variable APR of 20.74% – 27.74%. This APR may vary with the market based on the prevailing prime rate. You can avoid having this interest charged to your account by paying your balance in full and on time every month.
The United Quest℠ Card has a $250 annual fee, which might discourage you. However, you can cut the cost in half by using the card’s $125 annual credit on United purchases. Take advantage of its award-flight credits and free checked bags to extract even more value from the card.
Balance transfer APR and fee
You can move high-interest rate debt to cards with lower interest rates by using balance transfer. The United Quest℠ Card has a balance transfer APR of 20.74% – 27.74%. It charges a fee of either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. For example, you’ll be charged $50 for a $1,000 balance transfer.
When choosing the best credit card for you, it’s important to consider various factors, including purchase protection and customer satisfaction. Take a look at United Quest℠ Card’s benefits and features:
- Reimbursement for delayed or lost luggage: You can get reimbursed up to $100 per day for three days for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing if your baggage is delayed for more than six hours. Meanwhile, if your luggage is lost or damaged by the carrier, you can be covered up to $3,000 per passenger.
- Reimbursement for trip cancellation, interruption or delay: If your trip is canceled or cut short due to covered circumstances, you can be refunded up to $1,500 per person and $6,000 per trip. For trip delays of more than 12 hours and require an overnight stay, you are covered up to $500 per ticket for unreimbursed expenses, such as meals and lodging.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: The United Quest℠ Card offers primary rental car coverage, which means you can get reimbursed up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage.
- Purchase protection: With the United Quest℠ Card, your new purchases will be covered for 120 days against damage or theft, up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per year.
- Zero Liability Protection: This means you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your United Quest℠ Card or account information.
- Customer satisfaction: Chase ranked fifth in J.D. Power’s 2021 U.S. Credit Card Satisfaction study, earning a score of 807.
How the United Quest℠ Card Compares To Other Cards
Despite its high annual fee, the United Quest℠ Card is a good card for semi-frequent United flyers looking for a great rewards program. That said, analyzing how it stacks up against other travel credit cards can help in determining whether this card is right for you.
How the United Quest℠ Card Compares
United Quest℠ Card
- Annual Fee: $250
- Purchase APR: 20.74% – 27.74% variable
- Miles Reward Rate: Three miles per dollar spent on United purchases, one mile per dollar spent on other purchases.
- International Transaction Fee: $0
- Best For: Semi-frequent United flyers looking for a card with a great rewards program.
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card
- Annual Fee: $550
- Purchase APR: 19.99% – 28.99% variable
- Miles Reward Rate: Three miles per dollar spent on Delta purchases, one mile per dollar spent on other purchases.
- International Transaction Fee: $0
- Best For: Frequent Delta flyers looking for a card with a great rewards program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.