World of Hyatt Credit Card Review
The World of Hyatt Credit Card is a great option for customers who travel frequently and want to upgrade their experience with the World of Hyatt loyalty program. Adding the Hyatt card to your wallet can help you earn status while offering several other travel-focused benefits and perks.
In this review of the World of Hyatt Credit Card, we take a look at its features and benefits to determine if the card makes sense for you. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at many Hyatt hotels and resorts. It also includes a complimentary World of Hyatt “Discoverist” status. The quick reward accumulation rate and valuable redemptions ensure that you can quickly reach elite status with Hyatt.
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Cash Back Rewards
- Travel Rewards
World of Hyatt Credit Card at a Glance
The benefits that come with the World of Hyatt Credit Card make it a great choice for frequent travelers who are loyal to the Hyatt group of hotels and are interested in the World of Hyatt membership program. It comes with complimentary Discoverist status, which provides exclusive features like preferred rooms and late checkout, and you can earn a high rate of rewards with travel purchases made with Hyatt.
- World of Hyatt Credit Card
A great rewards card for travelers who like staying at Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
- Good-ExcellentRecommended Credit
- $95Annual Fee
- 1–2 Points per $1Rewards Rate
- 4xRewards Rate at Hotels
- 2xRewards Rate on Dining
Pros & Cons Explained
While the World of Hyatt Credit Card comes with many important benefits, it is crucial to look at the pros and cons if you really want to figure out whether the card will work for your intended use.
- Free night stayEvery year, you automatically get one complimentary night’s stay at a Category 1–4 Hyatt hotel after the card anniversary. Additionally, if you spend $15,000 or more in that calendar year, you can receive an extra free night.
- High reward rateFor every $1 you spend with the card in participating Hyatt hotels, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Exhale locations, Lindblad Expeditions and restaurants, you can earn four reward points. This is in addition to the five points you automatically earn from the loyalty program at Hyatt, for a total of up to nine points for every $1 spent at Hyatt.
- Good bonus offerIn the first six months, you can earn a bonus of up to 60,000 reward points. Spend $3,000 in the first three months to earn the first 30,000 points and reach $15,000 of spending in the first six months to earn an additional 30,000.
- Annual feeThe $95 annual fee is levied every year with no waivers. Some other cards come with zero annual fees.
- Complex rewards structureThe reward points you earn with this card are a mix of credit card rewards points and hotel loyalty points. This can be confusing to understand and making the best possible use of this rewards structure might be difficult.
- Brand tie-inIf you travel frequently but are not loyal to the Hyatt hotel line, there is very little value in getting this card.
- Hyatt hotelsAlthough Hyatt is a popular and well-known brand of hotels, it does not have a very large footprint across the globe, especially compared with some competitors. This limits your options while traveling.
Bonuses & Rewards Explained
With the Chase World of Hyatt credit card, you can earn up to 9x reward points for purchases at Hyatt properties while earning 2x reward points for other expenses, including air travel, local transit and fitness club memberships. For other purchases, you earn 2x points during the first six months and then 1x after that. You also get automatic Discoverist status in the World of Hyatt loyalty program.
You can redeem your points at attractive rates at Hyatt properties in the form of rooms and dining rewards. You can also transfer points to several airline partners, redeem points for dining and spa experiences and use your reward points to upgrade your stays.
Other Features Explained
With the World of Hyatt Credit Card, you get several additional benefits and features, including:
- Card FeatureDescription
- Elite status perksSince the card comes with Discoverist elite status with World of Hyatt, you get to enjoy several perks. These include expedited check-ins, preferred room bookings, late checkouts, 10% bonus points on eligible purchases, free premium internet and more.
- Travel insurance featuresWith the card, you get several travel insurance features that can make your trips safer. These include trip interruption and cancellation insurance, travel accident insurance, baggage delay insurance, secondary auto rental coverage and reimbursements for trip delays and lost luggage.
- No foreign transaction feesYou can put this card at the front of your wallet when you’re traveling abroad since there are no fees charged while making international purchases.
"The redemption rates for Hyatt properties are incredibly valuable when compared with loyalty programs from other hotel chains. If you find yourself in need of more Hyatt points to book a luxury property, you can transfer points from Chase Ultimate Rewards." - Alene Laney, Credit Card Journalist
Understanding the Fine Print
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- APR18.99% – 25.99%
- Annual Fee$95
- Cash Back Rewards
- Rewards Rate1–2 Points per $1
- Airline Benefits
The World of Hyatt Credit Card comes with a fairly high variable APR of 18.99%–25.99%. For cash advances, there is a variable APR of 27.99% while the penalty APR is 29.99% variable.
Cash Back Reward Rate
With this card, you can earn up to nine reward points for every $1 spent at Hyatt with four points coming from your credit card account and five coming from your World of Hyatt membership. You also earn 2x points for transit, dining, fitness club, and flight purchases made on the card.
The card comes with an annual fee of $95 and the balance transfer fee is $5 or 5% of the transfer amount, whichever is greater. There are no foreign transaction fees.
If you want to compare this card with other travel cards, look at the APR and the fee structure. When comparing with a card you already have, take a look at your last bill statement or check the website or mobile app of the card provider. You can also get information through the credit card agreement database run by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider World of Hyatt Credit Card?
Other Considerations for World of Hyatt Credit Card
Whether the World of Hyatt Credit Card would be a good fit for you depends on the way you plan to use it and also whether you want it to be your only credit card or mix it up with other cards you already have.
Things to Consider if This Will Be Your First or Only Credit Card
If this will be your first or only credit card, keep the annual fee and the high APR in mind. With a high cash advance APR and high penalty APR, this card can become quite expensive if you do not pay your bills each month. On the other hand, if you travel frequently and stay at Hyatt properties, getting this card can give you access to excellent perks, great welcome bonuses and a chance to get elite status with the World of Hyatt program.
Things to Consider if This Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
As an additional card, the World of Hyatt Credit Card can be a great option for Hyatt loyalists who travel frequently and visit international locations. The zero foreign transaction fee and Hyatt-specific perks can make it worth your while to consider this card. Similarly, travel insurance features and the high reward accumulation rate can help you make headway with the World of Hyatt program with ease.
MoneyGeek follows a meticulous review process where we gather data from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau’s database, standardize data points for fair comparison, determine the long-term value of cards and re-rank our cards periodically.
How World of Hyatt Credit Card Compares to Other Cards
The World of Hyatt Credit Card presents excellent value for users who have an existing loyalty to the Hyatt brand or want to get elite status with the World of Hyatt membership program. However, you should also look at other alternatives to get a better idea about which card would be right for you.
In-Depth Credit Card Comparisons:
- World of Hyatt Credit Card vs Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
- World of Hyatt Credit Card vs IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card
Quick Comparison of World of Hyatt Credit Card
World of Hyatt Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $95
- Reward Rate: 1x–9x reward points
- Free Stays: Maximum 2 nights per year
- Discoverist status with Hyatt
- Best for: Travelers with loyalty to Hyatt
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
- Annual Fee: $95
- Reward Rate: 1x–17x reward points
- Free Stays: Maximum 3 nights per year
- Silver Elite status with Marriott
- Best for: Travelers with loyalty to Marriott
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
Here, we include some frequently asked questions about the World of Hyatt Credit Card that you might want answered before you decide.
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
If you are still unsure about the World of Hyatt Credit Card, take a look at our top picks for travel credit cards in 2021. If you are not looking for a travel card, consider if you might find better value with a balance transfer card or a rewards card.
Citi Custom Cash℠ Card
Capital One Spark Cash Select - $500 Cash Bonus
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card
Capital One Spark Cash Select - $500 Cash Bonus - Good Credit
Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
Amazon Business Card
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card
Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
Discover it® chrome Credit Card
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
American Express® Gold Card
Citi® Double Cash Card
IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card
Capital One Spark Miles for Business Select
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
American Express Cash Magnet® Card
West Elm Key Rewards Credit Card
Citi® Secured Mastercard®
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card
Mastercard® Black Card™
OpenSky® Secured Visa® Credit Card
Citi Simplicity® Card
Aer Lingus Visa Signature®
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Iberia Visa Signature® Card
Simmons Rewards Visa Signature®
Discover it® Secured Credit Card
Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit
Discover it® Student Cash Back Credit Card
Chime Credit Builder Secured Visa® Credit Card
Discover it® Student chrome
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
NHL® Discover it®
Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card
First Access Solid Black Visa® Credit Card
Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Bank of America® Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business
BankAmericard® credit card
Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card
OakStone Gold Secured Mastercard®
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
Alliant Visa® Platinum Rewards Credit Card
Milestone® Unsecured Mastercard®
Merrick Bank Secured Credit Card
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card
Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card
American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card
Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard® Secured Credit Card
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Secured Card
Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card
Capital One Platinum Credit Card
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Merrick Bank Double Your Line® Secured Credit Card
Bank of America® Platinum Plus® Mastercard® Business card
Milestone® Gold Mastercard®
Deserve® EDU Mastercard for Students
Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card for Students
Disney® Visa® Card from Chase
Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards
U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card
BankAmericard® Secured Credit Card
Navy Federal Visa cashRewards Card
Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
USAA® Rewards™ American Express® Card
Mastercard® Gold Card™
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card Business
Chase Slate Edge℠
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card
NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank
Capital One Walmart Rewards® Mastercard®
World of Hyatt Credit Card
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
Learn more about credit cards in general
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.