The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- United Club℠ Infinite Card
An excellent card for earning United’s MileagePlus miles
- 1–4 Miles per $1*Rewards Rate
- 21.49% – 28.49% VariableAPR
- $525Annual Fee
- ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek’s methodology and process for this United Club℠ Infinite Card review uses information collected from credit card companies and the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau’s database. We applied standardized data points based on fees, bonuses, rewards and estimated average spending profiles. MoneyGeek conducts a regular review to reflect changes in credit card details and offers.
Individuals who often travel via United Airlines can enjoy the United Club℠ Infinite Card's benefits. Cardholders can earn miles by making eligible purchases and access travel perks like United Club membership, free checked bags and preferential treatment. This card may be ideal for international travelers, as it has no foreign transaction fees. Its $525 annual fee, however, may be too much for some.
United Club℠ Infinite Card Overview
The United Club℠ Infinite Card offers bonuses and rewards beyond its travel perks and lack of foreign transaction fees, including unlimited miles.
- Earn 100,000 bonus miles by spending $5,000 on purchases in the first three months.
- Earn 4x miles per $1 on United purchases, including tickets as well as in-flight food, drinks and Wi-Fi.
- Earn 2x miles on all other travel purchases, including flights, trains, cruise lines, local transit, car rentals, taxicabs, rideshare services, tolls, hotels and resorts.
- Earn 2x miles on eligible dining purchases.
- Earn 1x miles on other purchases.
- Redeem your miles for air travel with United, members of the Star Alliance network (Air Canada, Lufthansa, Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines, etc.) and other partner airlines such as Aer Lingus, Boutique Air, Edelweiss, Hawaiian Airlines and Vistara.
- Get access to all United Club locations and participating Star Alliance-affiliated airport lounges globally through your complimentary United Club membership.
- You and one travel companion get first and second standard checked bags free on United-operated flights.
- Benefit through availability-based premier upgrades on your award tickets.
- Get a statement credit of up to $100 toward Global Entry/TSA PreCheck fees once every four years.
- Get 25% back as a statement credit when you use your card to pay for services onboard United-operated flights.
- Avoid crowds at airports through priority boarding and security screening (availability-based) as well as boarding and baggage handling privileges.
- Earn 500 premier qualifying points (PQPs) for every $12,000 you spend on purchases up to a maximum of 3,000 PQPs per year. These apply toward your MileagePlus Premier status, helping you get to the Premier 1K tier faster.
- Enroll in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program and get to the President's Circle tier automatically to enjoy a 50% bonus on Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points as well as upgrades and special offers.
- Stay at the Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection properties to enjoy complimentary breakfasts, room upgrades, early check-ins and late check-outs.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees.
- Stand to benefit through complimentary trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance, baggage delay insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, trip delay reimbursement, auto rental collision damage waiver, purchase protection, return protection and extended warranty.
Important Card Details
If you are considering applying for a Chase United Club Infinite Card, familiarize yourself with its features, fees and rates. Prospective cardholders should research the APR, rewards rates, annual fee, transaction fees and late fees for a complete picture of the card.
The APR for purchases, loans and balance transfers is a high 20.74% – 27.74%. The cash advance rate is 29.24%, while the penalty APR for failure to make minimum payments by the due date or returned payments reaches up to 29.99%.
This card applies a high annual fee of $525.
Miles Rewards Rate
You can earn 4x miles for every dollar you spend on United purchases, double the miles on other travel purchases, at restaurants and on eligible delivery services, and 1x on other eligible purchases.
Penalty fees for late and return payments may reach up to $40.
There is no foreign transaction fee, but cardholders have to pay either $5 or 5% for each balance transfer. Individuals must pay either $10 or 5% for every cash advance transaction, as well.
When looking for the best credit card, consider your personal needs, along with your current financial situation. Next, compare different features among various credit cards. For instance, aside from United Club℠ Infinite Card's benefits, the card also features strong security and protection measures. Chase’s customer service support also garners positive satisfaction ratings.
How the United Club℠ Infinite Card Compares To Other Cards
If you are looking for a credit card that earns miles, offers travel rewards and has no foreign transaction fee, then United Club℠ Infinite Card may be a good option. However, it has a high APR and an expensive annual fee. Consider checking other credit cards that offer similar features but have cheaper fees.
In-Depth Credit Card Comparisons:
How the United Club℠ Infinite Card Compares
United Club℠ Infinite Card
- Annual Fee: $525
- APR for Purchases: 20.74% – 27.74% variable
- Foreign Transaction Fees: 0%
- Rewards Rates: 4x miles on United purchases, 2x at restaurants and on other travel purchases, and 1x on other eligible purchases
- Best For: Frequent United travelers looking for a miles-earning card with significant travel rewards and no foreign transactions
American Express® Gold Card
- Annual Fee: $250
- APR for Purchases: 0% intro APR for 6 months, then 20.24% – 27.24% thereafter
- Foreign Transaction Fees: 0%
- Rewards Rates: 4x rewards points for eligible purchases at restaurants and U.S. supermarkets, 3x rewards points for flights booked directly, and 1x on other eligible purchases
- Best For: Frequent fliers and diners looking for rewards cards
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.