The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Capital One Spark Cash Select for Good Credit Card
A good no annual fee business credit card for earning cash back
- 1.5% Cash BackRewards Rate
- 21.24% – 29.24% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- Good–ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek uses a comprehensive and structured methodology to review and rank credit cards. Our approach involves collecting credit card information, standardizing data points, factoring annual and introductory bonuses, determining the three-year value of cards and carrying out regular re-ranking.
The Capital One Spark Cash Select for Good Credit Card lets you earn a flat rate of 1.5% cash back for everything you spend money on, with no limits or category restrictions. Its 0% intro APR applies to purchases for 12 months, which can be helpful if you’re planning to finance a big business purchase. However, you pay an 21.24% – 29.24% variable APR based on your creditworthiness after the intro period. MoneyGeek covers the details of the Spark 1.5% Cash Select card to help you decide if it’s a good fit for you.
Capital One Spark Cash Select for Good Credit Card Overview
The Capital One Spark Cash Select for Good Credit Card’s benefits make it a solid cash back card for small business owners. MoneyGeek highlighted some of the perks it has to offer.
- No annual membership fee
- 1.5% flat-rate cash back on every purchase
- Set up automatic payments
- $0 fraud liability
- Year-end itemized reports for budgeting and tax-related purposes
- Purchase records in multiple formats
- Extended warranty and protection on eligible items
- Virtual Card Numbers for safer online transactions
- Fraud and security alerts
- Lock cards if they have been stolen or lost
Important Card Details
Before going through with your Capital One Spark Cash Select for Good Credit Card application, it’s important to understand the fees that come with this cash back card. Here is an overview.
The Capital One Spark Cash Select for Good Credit Card has no annual fee.
Cash Back Reward Rate
The card lets you earn 1.5% cash back on every purchase you make. Thanks to its flat-rate system, you won’t have to memorize reward categories or spending limits.
This card has a 0% introductory APR for the first 12 months of your account opening. After that period is over, your variable APR is 21.24% – 29.24%, based on your creditworthiness.
Cash Advance APR
This card has a high interest rate of 32.24% for cash advances. Additionally, you have to pay 3% of the transaction amount.
Foreign Transaction Fee
There are zero fees for international transactions with this card.
You can take advantage of the other features included in Capital One Spark Cash Select for Good Credit Card in addition to the 1.5% cash back benefit.
- No fraud liability: You won’t be responsible for any unauthorized charges if your card is lost or stolen.
- Virtual assistant: Eno is Capital One’s virtual assistant tasked to keep an eye on your account 24/7 and reach out to you if it detects something strange in your card activity.
- Security alerts: You get a text, email and phone call if Capital One notices potential suspicious transactions on your account.
- Card lock capability: You can lock your card or an employee’s at a moment’s notice if it has been misplaced, lost or stolen.
- Virtual card numbers: You can pay online without exposing your physical card number for a safer business transaction.
- Customer support: You can contact a Capital One customer service representative 24/7. Its customer service team is specially trained to work with business owners and prepared to answer any questions or address any concerns.
- Customer experience: Capital One ranked third out of 12 national issuers in the latest J.D. Power survey on overall customer satisfaction among credit card users.
How the Capital One Spark Cash Select for Good Credit Card Compares To Other Cards
While Capital One’s Spark Cash Select for Good Credit Card has several benefits that are appealing to small business owners, like cash back, there may be other options that are worth considering in the same card category. For example, the Capital One Spark Cash Plus has a higher cash back reward rate at 2% that benefits business owners with a high amount of expenses.
How the Spark Cash Select for Good Credit Card Compares
Capital One Spark Cash Select for Good Credit Card
- Annual Fee: None
- Cash Back Reward Rate: 1.5% on every purchase
- Foreign Transaction Fee: None
- Regular APR: 21.24% – 29.24% variable
- Best For: Small business owners who want a straightforward cash back card
Capital One Spark Cash Plus
- Annual Fee: $150
- Cash Back Reward Rate: 2% on every purchase
- Foreign Transaction Fee: None
- Regular APR: None (charge card)
- Best For: Business owners with high expenses who want to maximize bonuses and rewards
Frequently Asked Questions
- Capital One. "Capital One Spark Cash Select for Good Credit Card." Accessed February 27, 2022.
- Capital One. "Spark Business Card Benefits." Accessed February 27, 2022.
- Capital One. "Your Guide to Card Benefits." Accessed February 27, 2022.
- J.D. Power. "2021 U.S. Credit Card Satisfaction Study." Accessed February 27, 2022.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.