U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card Review
The U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card is unlike any other business credit card we have seen. It's the no-annual-fee card for small business owners, with a generous welcome bonus that rewards you for all of your eligible business expenses.
The U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card features a 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers, followed by a relatively high variable APR. In spite of this, the card offers you cash back on eligible purchases at office supply stores, cellphone service providers, gas stations, restaurants and on other net purchases.
The only additional advantage offered by the business card, in addition to the usual Mastercard World Elite Benefits, is a $100 annual statement credit for use on qualified software subscriptions.
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Cash Back Rewards
- Travel Rewards
U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card at a Glance
The U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card competes well with other business credit cards and, most importantly, can earn a lot of points for you. As long as you spend significant amounts of money on your regular purchases, this card will help you rake in rewards.
- U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card
A great no annual fee cash back credit card for business
- $0Annual Fee
- 15 monthsBalance Transfer Duration
- 15 monthsAPR Offer Duration
- 1% - 5% Cash BackRewards Rate
Pros & Cons Explained
Before applying for a credit card, it's smart to learn about the potential advantages and drawbacks. MoneyGeek explored some of the U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card's benefits and its downsides.
- No annual feeFor 15 billing cycles, the card has a 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers. Without an annual charge, you have no ongoing costs to consider, so you can try it out to see if it works for your business.
- Unlimited rewardsNo matter how much you spend, you'll get 3% cash back in eligible categories and 1% cash back on other eligible purchases. Your benefits will never expire.
- Balance transfer feeAny balance transfers using a U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards Mastercard incur a 3% fee.
- International transaction feeAlthough the U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards Mastercard has no annual fee, it does have a 3% international transaction fee, making it one of the more costly cards for international travel.
- Limited bonus categoriesYou won’t get much cash back with this card if you don't use it primarily for gas, cellular service, restaurants or office supplies.
MoneyGeek regularly evaluates the available information for all cards in our database to determine the best choices in popular categories. Check out our list of the best business credit cards for 2022.
Bonuses & Rewards Explained
The U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card is a good no-annual-fee card if you prefer earning straight cash back. MoneyGeek highlights a few perks and bonuses to help you better understand how they work.
Introductory 0% APR rate
If you need to make business purchases, a 0% APR rate for over a year is a great approach to defer finance costs for a while. However, you’ll want to make sure to pay off your balance before the introductory rate expires to avoid paying interest.
Earn many cash back rewards
Cash back eligible purchases include those at office supply stores, restaurants, gas stations/EV stations and cell phone service providers for your business expenditures. You will earn 3% cash back on those purchases.
Boost your business with software credits
You may take advantage of the $100 yearly software credit for recurring business software subscriptions like FreshBooks or QuickBooks, products that can help you manage your receipts, bills and taxes.
Other Features Explained
The U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card is a great choice for spending a lot of money in the card's bonus categories. Other noteworthy features of the U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card are worth mentioning. The following are some that you might find useful.
- Card FeatureDescription
- No fraud liabilityYou will not be held responsible for unauthorized charges such as with lost or stolen cards. If you report your card's status immediately, any subsequent transactions will not affect you or your U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card credit score.
- Global Emergency ServicesYou can rely on Mastercard Global Services no matter where you are. Its representatives can assist you with various issues, including lost and stolen card reporting, emergency cash advances and more.
- Real-time rewardsAfter signing up for the bank’s service, you may instantly redeem your points for qualified purchases by sending a text message. When you make a purchase, you will get a message asking if you want to redeem your points right away.
To get the most out of all of your business transactions, the U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card may be a good complement to cards that offer different bonus categories.
Understanding the Fine Print
The U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card is a viable option for a business card because of the numerous perks and features it provides. However, it's critical to read and understand the fees and fine print before you apply.
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- APR17.74% – 26.74%
- Annual Fee$0
- Cash Back Rewards
- Rewards Rate1% - 5% Cash Back
- Airline Benefits
Purchase Intro APR
The introductory 0% APR for your U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card applies to your purchases and balance transfers. After 15 billing cycles, the APR changes to a variable rate currently ranging from 17.74% to 26.74%. MoneyGeek has also noted that this APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
Cash back Reward Rate
You may want to focus on the 3% cash back categories to get the most out of the card. The spending categories include qualified cellular service, gas stations, office supply shops and restaurants. All other purchases are eligible for a 1% cash back rate.
Balance Transfer APR and Fees
For balance transfers made within 30 days of account opening, the card offers you a 0% introductory APR for the first 15 billing cycles. After that, depending on your creditworthiness when you open your account, you could have an APR from 17.74% to 26.74%.
If you are five calendar days late twice or 30 calendar days late once, made a payment that is returned or if you exceed your U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card credit limit two times in 12 months, the penalty APR of 29.99% may be imposed on your account.
To figure out if your U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card is right for you, comparing it to other business cards might help. If you currently hold this card, look at your monthly billing statement for information about its rates, especially considering the APR and all associated fees.
Your online account or the credit card agreement database maintained by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau can also help you learn more about your card.
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card?
Other Considerations for U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card
You may want to think about whether you intend to use the U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card as your first credit card or as an additional line of credit. It is always necessary to pay off your credit card bill in full each month, but you should make timely payments and only spend what you can afford. Before you decide to pursue this card, you should consider a few things.
Things to Consider if This Will Be Your First or Only Credit Card
The U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card is an excellent credit card for business transactions. After you've been approved for the card, you’ll want to consider the introductory bonus. You will have to spend around $900 on average in the first five months to be eligible for the $500 bonus.
You may also consider the 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 billing cycles, depending on your existing debt or planned spending. Keep in mind that there is a 3% balance transfer fee, and you must complete the transfer within 30 days of account opening to qualify for the intro offer.
As a U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card holder, remember that the introductory deal is available for a limited time and revolving balances will be charged after the first 15 billing cycles.
Things to Consider if This Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
Some cardholders obtain additional cards to transfer balances from their primary cards, while some are more interested in cash back rewards. If either of these is your intent, you’ll want to consider whether other business cash back cards may provide more value.
The only additional advantage that you can consider for this business card compared with the normal Mastercard World Elite Benefits card is a $100 annual statement credit for use on qualified software subscriptions that you can maximize for your business needs.
MoneyGeek's methodology is based on a holistic and standardized process that allows us to get accurate data about multiple card categories. We take a multi-step method that highlights data collection, analysis and ranking calculations. Following an in-depth look at average spending profiles and other benefits offered by different credit card companies, MoneyGeek’s procedure is concluded by an approximation of a card's three-year value and a regular re-ranking process.
How U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card Compares to Other Cards
The U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card competes well with other business credit cards, and it can earn significant points for the right user. It is only right to compare it with another business credit card on the market.
MoneyGeek ran a quick comparison between the U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card and The Business Platinum Card from American Express regarding relevant fees and features.
Quick Comparison of U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card
U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card
- Annual Fee: 0$
- Regular APR: 17.74% – 26.74% (Variable)
- Sign-up Bonus: Extra $500 after spending $4500 in the first 150 days of account opening
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3%
- Mini Verdict: Best for small business owners who want cashback for eligible business needs
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- Annual Fee: $595
- Regular APR: 17.99% – 25.99%
- Sign-up Bonus: 130,000 Membership Rewards after spending $15,000 on eligible purchases within the first three months of card membership
- Foreign Transaction Fee: None
- Mini Verdict: Best for bigger businesses with high expenses that can maximize travel benefits
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
Additional information is typically required to complete a U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card application. The most frequently asked questions are answered below to help you make a decision.
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
A bonus of up to $500 cash back is currently available with the U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card. Other cards may provide higher cash back rewards, particularly on all other purchases, making it worthwhile to compare this card with alternatives from other banks.
If you're still undecided, make sure to compare options. Before determining which card best matches your needs, you may want to look into other cards in the business or cash back categories.
Citi Custom Cash℠ Card
Capital One Spark Cash Select - $500 Cash Bonus
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card
Capital One Spark Cash Select - $500 Cash Bonus - Good Credit
Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
Amazon Business Card
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card
Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
Discover it® chrome Credit Card
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
Learn more about credit cards in general
- American Express. "IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING RATES, FEES, AND OTHER COST INFORMATION." Accessed February 25, 2022.
- Business Insider. "US Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards card review: Up to 5% cash back in popular categories and a $500 welcome offer with no annual fee." Accessed February 24, 2022.
- Forber Advisor. "U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card Credit Card 2022 Review." Accessed February 24, 2022.
- Mastercard. "Global Services." Accessed February 25, 2022.
- Mastercard. "Experience the world in a whole new way. Start Something Priceless." Accessed February 25, 2022.
- Sitejabber. "U.S. Bank." Accessed February 25, 2022.
- U.S. Bank. "U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card." Accessed February 25, 2022.
- U.S. Bank. "U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards Card Terms and Conditions." Accessed February 25, 2022.
- U.S. News and World Report. "U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard®." Accessed February 24, 2022.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.