The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
The United℠ Business Card is a good option for business owners looking for a miles-earning credit card, generous bonuses and exclusive travel perks. Cardholders can compensate for its $99 annual fee and high APR by managing their spending and maximizing mileage programs and travel benefits. This card may also be ideal for individuals who commonly make international purchases, as it does not charge foreign transaction fees.
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Cash Back Rewards
- Travel Rewards
United℠ Business Card at a Glance
Proper financial management and spending habits can help you maximize United℠ Business Card' benefits. Cardholders can earn miles as they spend on eligible purchases, accumulate points to redeem for payments and enjoy exclusive rewards. This credit card is a great tool for business transactions and purchases abroad for its 0% foreign transaction fee.
- United℠ Business Card
A good miles-earning credit card with exclusive rewards and no foreign transaction fees.
- Good–ExcellentRecommended Credit
- $99Annual Fee
- 1–2 Miles per $1*Rewards Rate
- 2xRewards Rate on Air Travel
- 2xRewards Rate on Dining
Pros & Cons Explained
While the United℠ Business Card's benefits make it an appealing option, it may not be the best credit card for everyone. Carefully weigh your options by evaluating each card's pros and cons.
- No Foreign Transaction FeesInternational purchases do not include foreign transaction fees, making this credit card a strong option for business purchases abroad.
- Earn MilesChase offers many opportunities to earn miles, including 2x per dollar spent on United in-flight purchases. Chase also offers double the miles for purchases at restaurants, gas stations and office supply stores. You can also earn 1x mile for every dollar spent on other eligible purchases.
- Travel BenefitsCardholders receive a free first checked bag. This applies to the primary cardholder and a companion on the same reservation. That means a cardholder can save up to $35 per first checked bag or a total of $140 per round trip. Other travel perks include priority boarding, two one-time United Club passes each anniversary and possible hotel and resort upgrades.
- Welcome OfferNew cardholders can earn 75,000 after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first three months.
- Employee Cards at No Additional CostChase offers free employee cards. The miles earned using these additional cards will be reflected in your account and help you earn more rewards. Chase also allows cardholders to set up individual spending limits for every card.
- A $99 Annual FeeCardholders must pay a $99 annual membership fee. Individuals who do not fly frequently or cannot maximize United℠ Business Card' benefits may find this fee expensive.
- High APRThere is no introductory APR. The regular APR for purchases, loans and balance transfers is 20.74% – 27.74%. APR for cash advances is 29.24%, while the default APR for failure to make on-time minimum payments and returned payments reaches up to 29.99%. These rates are high, which can lead to large additional expenses.
- Only One Free Checked BagThe free checked bag only applies to the first standard checked bag. This feature only covers up to a $35 value.
Despite United℠ Business Card' benefits, it does not rank among MoneyGeek’s selection of best credit cards for business. You may also want to consider other options for travel credit cards. Make sure you compare the features of each credit card to determine which one has the best offer for you.
Bonuses & Rewards Explained
When reviewing United℠ Business Card, consider its bonuses and rewards. These bonuses and rewards may balance out the $99 annual fee.
>>MORE: CHASE ULTIMATE REWARDS: PROGRAM GUIDE
New cardholders can earn 75,000 bonus miles by spending $5,000 on purchases in the first three months.
Earn $100 in United travel credit if you make seven United flight purchases of $100 or more every card anniversary. You can also receive up to 25% back if you use this card to pay for United in-flight purchases.
Earning and Redeeming Miles
You can earn 2x miles for every dollar spent on United Airlines and local transit, along with restaurants, eligible delivery services, gas stations and office supply stores. Other eligible purchases will give you one mile per dollar. Cardholders also receive 5,000 bonus miles every anniversary if they also own a personal Chase United credit card.
Cardholders can also receive one-time United Club passes for two people on their anniversary. Using these, they can enjoy complimentary beverages, snacks and exclusive amenities worth over $100 . You can also buy tickets to exclusive events, such as celebrity meet-and-greets and private culinary or sports events. Cardholders may receive various perks at more than 1,000 luxury hotels and resorts all over the world, including room upgrades, complimentary daily breakfast, early check-in and other amenities. If you are a MileagePlus Visa Signature cardmember too, you can use your award miles to enjoy other exclusive experiences like winemaker dinners and virtual events.
Other Features Explained
Prospective United℠ Business Cardholders can start their research by exploring its features. In addition to the bonuses and rewards, this credit card comes equipped with security and customer support services.
- Card FeatureDescription
- Additional FeaturesCardholders can receive complimentary Visa Signature Concierge Service 24 hours a day to help find tickets to sports and entertainment events, make dinner reservations, and send gifts.
- Security ProtectionsCardholders enjoy various coverages and protections, including auto rental collision damage waiver, baggage delay insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, trip cancellation/interruption insurance, and purchase protection.
- Customer SupportClients can contact Chase customer service over the phone and online, along with its mobile app and social media. Chase received the second-highest rating in J.D. Power’s 2020 National Banking Satisfaction Study.
Be smart about your credit card expenses. Maximize the United℠ Business Card's benefits by using it to pay for eligible purchases to earn more miles quickly. However, do not forget to consider the interest rates on purchases.
Understanding the Fine Print
If you're considering applying for Chase United Business, make sure to familiarize yourself with its features, rates and fees. Take note of the APR, transaction fees and reward rates.
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- APR20.74% – 27.74% Variable
- Annual Fee$99
- Cash Back Rewards
- Rewards Rate1–2 Miles per $1*
- Airline Benefits
This card carries a $99 annual fee. While some credit cards offer a $0 annual fee, maximizing United℠ Business Card' benefits can help even out this additional expense.
There is no foreign transaction fee. However, cardholders need to pay $5 or 5% for every balance transfer and $15 or 5% for each cash advance.
Purchases, loans and balance transfer APRs are between 20.74% – 27.74%. Its cash advance APR is 29.24%, while default APR can total up to 29.99%.
Cardholders can receive 2x miles for every dollar spent on United Airlines and local transit, along with at restaurants, gas stations and office supply stores. For other eligible purchases, individuals receive one mile per dollar spent.
Compare credit card features, bonuses, rewards, fees and rates to find the best option based on your financial situation and needs as a card user. To find specific information and data, check the card issuer’s website and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s credit card agreement database. If you have other credit cards, check your latest billing statements, online account and mobile app to compare.
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider United℠ Business Card?
Other Considerations for United℠ Business Card
Before filling out a United℠ Business Card application, figure out how you will be using the credit card. Will it be your only card or an additional credit card to complement other cards?
Things to Consider if This Will Be Your First or Only Credit Card
Using the United℠ Business Card as your first or only card requires you to be mindful of your finances. Given that it has no foreign transaction fees, you can easily use it for business purchases abroad. Cardholders can make eligible purchases to earn more miles, but they must also consider the high APR. Consider paying your monthly bills in full to prevent additional charges.
Things to Consider if This Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
For the clearest picture of how this card will stack up against others in your wallet, compare and contrast their fees, features and rates. For instance, if your other cards have foreign transaction fees, United℠ Business Card may be best for your international purchases. You can also use miles rewards to pay for eligible purchases.
MoneyGeek’s methodology and review process apply information from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau’s database and credit card companies. To evaluate the credit cards, we consider standardized points based on fees, bonuses and rewards. For accuracy, MoneyGeek repeats this process regularly to reflect any changes to credit card details and offers.
How United℠ Business Card Compares to Other Cards
United℠ Business Card' benefits make it an appealing option for small business owners who travel often. Cardholders enjoy no foreign transaction fees and can easily earn miles. Additionally, the travel perks and benefits can make your trip feel like a vacation. However, it has a high APR, and similar cards offer more rewards and better perks.
In-Depth Credit Card Comparisons:
Quick Comparison of United℠ Business Card
United℠ Business Card
- Annual Fee: $99
- Regular APR on Purchases: 20.74% – 27.74% Variable
- Rewards Rate: 2x miles per $1 for eligible purchases on United, at gas stations, restaurants, office supply stores, on delivery services and local transit; 1x mile per dollar for other eligible purchases
- Best For: Business owners who travel with United Airlines looking for a miles-earning credit card with multiple rewards and no foreign transaction fee
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
- Annual Fee: $0 intro fee for one year, then $95 thereafter
- Regular APR on Purchases: 25.24% Variable
- Rewards Rate: 2x miles on every purchase
- Best For: Business owners looking for hassle-free rewards programs and competitive rewards rates
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
We've got answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the United℠ Business Card. Consider this information to determine whether this card is right for you.
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
When looking for the best credit card, compare your options to weigh the pros and cons. Consider your needs as a credit card user and your financial situation. Frequent United Airlines travelers can benefit from this card and balance its annual fee, but if you think the United℠ Business Card is not for you, check out the best cash back cards or rewards credit cards.
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Card for Students
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card
Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
British Airways Visa Signature® Card
Discover it® chrome Credit Card
Discover it® Student chrome
Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
NHL® Discover it®
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®
BankAmericard® credit card
Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
BankAmericard® Secured Credit Card
Learn more about credit cards in general
- CapitalOne. "Spark Miles." Accessed September 8, 2021.
- Chase. "United Business Card." Accessed September 8, 2021.
- Chase. "United Business Card Pricing & Terms." Accessed September 8, 2021.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. "Credit Card Agreement Database." Accessed September 8, 2021.
- J.D. Power. "2020 U.S. National Banking Satisfaction Study." Accessed September 8, 2021.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.