The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business
A great no-annual-fee travel rewards card for small business owners with excellent credit
- 1.5 – 5 milesRewards Rate
- 18.24% – 24.24% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- Good – ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek’s methodology and comprehensive review process help us to determine the best credit cards for different profiles based on card fees, interest rates, rewards, benefits and more. We use a comprehensive six-step process that involves collecting credit card information, standardizing data point weights, establishing the cards' value and ranks for different categories and reviewing data monthly and rankings among other key rating factors.
If you’re looking for a no-annual-fee business travel card with a simple rewards system, the Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business is a good option. The generous 5X miles rewards for hotel and car rentals booked through Capital One Travel, make this card ideal if you travel frequently. You can also take advantage of the 50,000-mile early spend bonus by spending $4,500 in the first three months. However, this travel card has limited airline partners which may limit your redemption options.
MoneyGeek’s Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business review highlights everything you need to know about this business travel card to help you make the right choice for your business.
Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business Overview
Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business benefits include unlimited rewards on all purchases at 1.5 miles per dollar and a generous 5 miles per dollar on eligible hotel and travel bookings. Other key rewards and bonuses include the following:
- No annual or foreign transaction fees
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles by spending $4,500 on purchases in the first three months
- Get 5X miles per dollar when you use Capital One Travel to book hotels and rental cars
- Get 1.5X miles per dollar on all other purchases
- Redeem miles to book flights, hotels, vacation packages and more through Capital One Travel
- Transfer miles to any of more than 15 travel partners
- Redeeming miles for previous travel purchases, or for cash in the form of a check, as an account credit or for gift cards is possible
- Free employee cards with customized spending limits
- Complimentary rental collision coverage and roadside assistance
- Select your own due date
- Year-end summaries
- Extended warranty
- $0 fraud liability
Important Card Details
Apart from standard APR charges, it is also important to understand all other rates and fees before completing your Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business application.
The Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business has a 0% introductory APR for the first nine months. After that, your APR will be 18.24% – 24.24%, based on your creditworthiness and the prevailing prime rate.
This card does not have any annual fees.
APR for cash advances
Cash advances attract a 31.99% APR which may vary depending on the prime rate.
Balance transfer APR
Balance transfers attract a 18.24% – 24.24% APR depending on your creditworthiness and the current prime rate. There is no introductory APR offer for balance transfers.
Cash advance fees
Cash advances are charged $3, or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
Penalty APR and fees
Late payments and returned payments attract a penalty fee of up to $39. The penalty APR for late and returned payments is 34.4%.
Foreign transaction fees
This card has no transaction fees for any transactions made outside the U.S. You can use the card globally at no extra charge.
Before making your Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business application, it is also important to be aware of the additional features offered by this card.
- Standard features: The Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business benefits include rental-car insurance and roadside assistance, extended warranty protection and purchase protection for up to 90 days, and free employee cards and customized spending limits that give you control over employee spending.
- Security Features: You can manage access to your account using the Capital One mobile app, including locking your card or employee cards. You will also get security alerts on call, email or text in case of suspicious activity on your card.
- Customer Experience: Cardholders have access to 24-hour customer service by phone. You can also conveniently manage your account online or via the Capital One mobile app. Capital One tied for first in the J.D. Power 2021 Small Business Credit Card Customer Satisfaction Study, so they have a reputation for good customer service.
How the Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business Compares To Other Cards
For small business owners the Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business offers unlimited rewards on purchases and a generous welcome bonus. If you spend a lot on hotel and travel bookings you will get great value from your Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business card since you can earn 5 miles per dollar if you book hotels and car rentals through Capital One Journey. However, there are other business cards that offer more generous rewards. The Ink Business Preferred may be a better option for higher rewards for common business expenses if you don’t mind the $95 annual fee.
How the Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business Compares
Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business
- Annual fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 18.24% – 28.24% (Variable)
- Foreign transaction fee: $0
- Rewards rate: 1.5X miles per dollar on all purchases. 5X miles per dollar for hotel and travel bookings through Capital One Journey
- Best for: Small businesses looking for a simple flat-rate rewards card with no annual fees
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
- Annual fee: $95
- Purchase APR: 20.99% – 25.99% (Variable)
- Foreign transaction fee: $0
- Rewards rate: 3X points per dollar for travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases, and 1X reward points for all other purchases
- Best for: Business travelers who want a higher rewards rate for specific spending categories
Frequently Asked Questions
- Capital One. "Spark 1.5X Miles Select." Accessed April 12, 2022.
- Capital One. "Application Terms." Accessed April 12, 2022.
- J.D. Power. "2021 U.S. Small Bussiness Credit Card Satisfaction Study." Accessed May 1, 2022.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.