The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- BankAmericard® Credit Card for Students
A good no-annual-fee students’ credit card with an intro 0% APR offer
- NoneRewards Rate
- 16.24% – 26.24% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- Limited–FairRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek follows a defined and streamlined methodology that involves collecting information from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, standardizing data points for card comparison, estimating average spend profiles, establishing card values and carrying out monthly re-rankings.
The BankAmericard® Credit Card for Students is a good credit card for students who will make a large purchase soon or want to pay down existing debt while still in school. While it doesn’t have a rewards structure, you get a 0% APR for 21 billing cycles on purchases and balance transfers posted within the first 60 days after account opening. MoneyGeek’s BankAmericard® credit card for Students review further analyzes the card’s features and benefits to help you determine if it's the right option for you.
BankAmericard® credit card for Students Overview
- No annual fees
- Intro APR offer on balance transfers and purchases for the first 21 billing cycles
- Need to transfer balances within 60 days of account opening to qualify for the intro APR offer
- 3% balance transfer fee (minimum of $10)
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- Get free access to your FICO score
- $0$ liability guarantee
Important Card Details
Before you apply for the BankAmericard® Credit Card for Students, you need to review and understand the fine print, so you won’t be caught off guard by fees and rates.
After the intro APR period, the card has a variable APR of 15.99% – 25.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
The BankAmericard® credit card for Students doesn’t have an annual fee.
Balance Transfer Fee
This card has a 0% intro APR for 21 billing cycles on balance transfers made within the first 60 days. But you do pay a 3% or $10 fee (whichever is more) per transfer at that time and afterward.
Foreign Transaction Fee
A 3% fee applies on transactions made with the card outside the United States.
Late Payment Fee
If you miss the payment due date on this student credit card, you pay up to $40 as a penalty.
In addition to the long introductory APR period and no annual fee, the BankAmericard® Credit Card for Students has other key features worth noting.
- Better Money Habits: Bank of America has an online resource center that provides tips and other information on how to handle credit, which is helpful to students.
- Mobile app: You can use the Bank of America mobile app or online account portal to stay in control of your finances and make/schedule payments.
- One-on-one appointment: If you want to connect one-on-one with a credit card specialist, you can set up an appointment that works for your schedule.
- Zero liability protection: The BankAmericard® credit card for Students card comes with a $0 liability guarantee, which covers fraudulent transactions made by others on your account.
- FICO score access: You can access your credit score for free through your online account or mobile app. Additionally, you can opt-in to receive your score, the key factors affecting your score and other information to keep your credit healthy.
How the BankAmericard® credit card for Students Compares To Other Cards
Our BankAmericard® Credit Card for Students review found it’s a good option for a student card if your focus is on financing a purchase or paying off high-interest debt without interest for a long period. Here’s how it compares to another card in the same category.
How the BankAmericard® credit card for Students Compares
BankAmericard® Credit Card for Students
- Annual fee: $0
- Intro APR: 0% for 21 billing cycles
- Regular APR: 15.99% – 25.99% variable
- Rewards rate: None
- Best for: Students who want to pay down debt or finance a large purchase interest-free
Chase Freedom® Student credit card
- Annual fee: $0
- Intro APR: None
- Regular APR: 19.99% variable
- Rewards rate: 1%
- Best for: Students who want to earn unlimited rewards
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.