The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
With this card, you get a welcome bonus of 100,000 bonus miles if you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first three months. The offer expires on 3/29/23. The MQMs you earn with this card will help you get closer to achieving the Medallion status with Delta, enabling you to experience elite travel benefits. However, you will want to be prepared to pay a $550 annual fee.
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Cash Back Rewards
- Travel Rewards
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card at a Glance
This card offers you Status Boost, which allows you to earn 15,000 MQMs when you spend $30,000 during a calendar year. You can do that up to four times a year, which means you earn 60,000 MQMs when you make purchases worth $120,000. You also get two Sky Club guest passes that can be redeemed for complimentary access to Delta Sky Club Lounges. These passes are valid for one year after the date of issue.
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card
A card that offers many rewards for business travelers who fly Delta frequently.
- Good–ExcellentRecommended Credit
- $550Annual Fee
- 1–3 Miles per $1Rewards Rate
- 3xRewards Rate on Air Travel
- 1xRewards Rate on Dining
Pros & Cons Explained
Looking over the pros and cons of the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card will give you a clear picture of what this card has to offer to business travelers and allow you to determine if it’s the right card for your wallet.
- Premium lounge membershipsWith this card, you get complimentary access to Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounges as well as the Escape lounges when you’re flying Delta. These lounges have amenities like showers, WiFi, complimentary food and drink and more.
- High rewards rateThis card offers you three miles on every dollar spent on purchases like air tickets, onboard food and drinks and seat upgrades from Delta airline. On other purchases, you earn one mile per dollar.
- No foreign transaction feeWith a $0 foreign transaction fee, this card is ideal for use while traveling internationally.
- Companion passWith the companion pass, you can get a free Domestic First Class, Delta Comfort+ or a Main Cabin round-trip flight for your travel partner. You only have to pay taxes and fees, which are capped at $75. However, terms apply.
- High annual feeWith this card, you’ll pay a yearly fee of $550. This is pretty high for an airline credit card. Whether this fee is worth it or not will depend on how you use this card.
- High APRThis card charges a high variable APR of 20.24% – 29.24%, which is a lot higher than the average APR. With this card, you’ll need to pay off your balance in full every month to avoid high interest charges.
- Recommended creditRecommended credit for The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card is of good to excellent credit. People with bad credit are unlikely to get approved for this card.
If you want to see how the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card compares to other travel cards, you can check out MoneyGeek’s ratings of the best travel credit cards of 2022. These ratings can help you see if any other card is a better fit for your needs.
Bonuses & Rewards Explained
Understanding the American Express Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business card’s benefits and rewards will help you determine if the high annual fee of this card is worth it.
By making purchases worth $6,000 with this card in the first three months, you’ll earn 100,000 bonus miles. The offer expires on 03/29/2023. You can redeem these miles for flights with Delta or any of their 23 partners. MQMs will help you get closer to achieving Medallion status.
With this card, you earn three miles on every dollar spent on airline tickets, seat upgrades, lounge passes and more through Delta airlines. On every other purchase, you’ll earn one mile per dollar.
This card lets you enjoy luxury airport lounges like the Delta SkyMiles Club lounge and Centurion or Escape lounges. These lounges have amenities like WiFi, showers, food and drinks and many more.
TSA PreCheck/Global Entry credit
You can either get a $100 credit for the Global Entry application fee or an $85 credit for the application fee of TSA PreCheck with this card.
Other Features Explained
The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card also offers many other features that may provide more value than other cards in the same category. Knowing these features can help you decide if the card is right for you.
- Card FeatureDescription
- Travel insuranceThis card provides travel insurance and covers trip delays, cancellations, baggage theft or damage and car rental loss or damage.
- Priority boardingYou can enjoy priority boarding on Delta flights with this card and get seated when main cabin priority boarding is called.
- Discounts on in-flight purchasesThis card offers you up to a 20% discount when making in-flight purchases on Delta flights.
With the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card, you can check your first bag for free on a round-trip Delta flight. This saves you up to $60.
Understanding the Fine Print
There are various fees and charges associated with American Express Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business Card. Knowing them will help you understand if this card will be beneficial for you.
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- APR20.74% – 29.74% Variable
- Annual Fee$550
- Cash Back Rewards
- Rewards Rate1–3 Miles per $1
- Airline Benefits
This card charges a variable APR of 20.24% – 29.24%, which is higher than the average APR. Carrying a balance is not a good idea because you will accrue more interest on your balance.
This card has a high annual fee compared to other cards of the same category. The fee is $550 a year. However, considering the rewards offered by this card, this annual fee may be worth paying. It all depends on how you use this card.
Cash Advance Fee
The cash advance fee on this card is $5 or 3% of the total amount, whichever is greater.
Your credit card issuer’s website, mobile app or billing statement are your best resources for this information. The Credit Card Agreement Database maintained by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau can also provide credible information.
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card?
Other Considerations for Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card
While making the final decision about getting any credit card, you may want to consider if it would be the only card in your wallet or if you would use it with multiple other cards.
Things to Consider if This Will Be Your First or Only Credit Card
Using the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card for making all of your purchases will make you eligible for the welcome bonus faster. However, since this card has a high APR, you won’t be able to carry your balance forward every month without paying high interest charges.
This card also requires a good credit score, which you may not have if this is your first credit card.
Things to Consider if This Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
Since this card offers a great rewards program for frequent Delta flyers, you may want to keep it for making purchases through Delta airlines and international use, as it has no foreign transaction fee.
However, this card has a high annual fee, which may be difficult to pay if you have other cards with a high annual fee and you are spreading your spending across all your cards.
At MoneyGeek, we follow a six-step process to review credit cards. Our methodology involves collecting credit card information, standardizing data points, potential cardholder profiles, considering annual and introductory bonuses, establishing the card values and reviewing data monthly to reprocess rankings.
How Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card Compares to Other Cards
The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card is good for business travelers and offers a high rewards rate for Delta flyers. However, other cards are available with a lower or no annual fee and a good rewards program.
In-Depth Credit Card Comparisons:
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card vs Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card vs Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card
Quick Comparison of Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card
- Purchase APR: 20.24% – 29.24% variable
- Annual fee: $550
- International transactions fee: $0
- Miles reward rate: Three miles per dollar spent on Delta purchases, one mile per dollar spent on other purchases.
- Best For: Frequent Delta business flyers looking for a card with a great rewards program.
United℠ Business Card
- Purchase APR: 20.99% – 27.99% variable
- Annual fee: $99
- International transactions fee: $0
- Miles reward rate: Two miles per dollar spent on airline purchases
- Best For: Frequent travelers who fly United Airlines and want to enjoy elite benefits.
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
The following frequently asked questions about the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card will help you understand other details that may be needed to make the final decision.
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
If you’re not sure about getting the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card, you can look at other cards of the same category that offer great rewards to see if any card is a better fit for your needs. You could also evaluate business, cash back and rewards cards to see if those options could be a better fit.
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Card for Students
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card
Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
British Airways Visa Signature® Card
Discover it® chrome Credit Card
Discover it® Student chrome
Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
NHL® Discover it®
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®
BankAmericard® credit card
Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
BankAmericard® Secured Credit Card
Wells Fargo Reflect® Card
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Bank of America® Platinum Plus® Mastercard® Business card
Bank of America® Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card
Amazon Business Card
Discover it® Miles
Discover it® Secured Credit Card
Capital One Platinum Credit Card
The Plum Card® from American Express
Credit One Bank® Platinum X5 Visa®
Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card
U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card
Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
United Club℠ Infinite Card
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card
Learn more about credit cards in general
- American Express. "Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Card." Accessed September 8, 2021.
- American Express. "Credit Card Limits Explained." Accessed September 8, 2021.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.