The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Business customers looking for a good travel rewards card may benefit from the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card. It allows the cardholder to check one bag for free each flight and receive priority boarding privileges. If your business makes a lot of purchases related to U.S.-based shipping and advertising, you can earn additional miles. You can also use this card to dine out with clients as it rewards you with miles for purchases made at restaurants. Additionally, there is no fee for foreign transactions.
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Cash Back Rewards
- Travel Rewards
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card at a Glance
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card’s benefits allow for various opportunities to earn miles through business purchases on shipping, dining, advertising on select media and purchases made directly with Delta. This card is also ideal for international use as it does not have foreign transaction fees.
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
A great miles rewards card with no foreign transaction fee for frequent business travelers
- Good–ExcellentRecommended Credit
- $99Annual Fee
- 1–2 Miles per $1Rewards Rate
- 2xRewards Rate on Air Travel
- 2xRewards Rate on Dining
Pros & Cons Explained
The various Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card benefits make it an appealing option. However, it is also important to know the drawbacks of the card before deciding on getting one.
- No foreign transaction feeThere are no fees for foreign transactions, making it a great card for international travels.
- Delta flight credit of $100Cardholders can get $100 off their next Delta flight if they spend $10,000 in purchases using their Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card in a calendar year.
- Delta perksCardholders can enjoy priority boarding and check their first bag for free on every flight.
- Up to 20% savingsUsing this credit card for in-flight purchases can help you save up to 20%. These will be in the form of a statement of credit.
- High interest ratesAPR for purchases is 20.24% – 29.24% variable. For cash advances, the APR is 29.74%. These rates are high, but you can avoid them by paying in full every month.
- High penalty APRThe penalty APR is 29.99%. It applies to accounts with two or more late payments within a 12-month period, those who do not pay the minimum payment by the closing date of the billing period or those whose payments were returned. The penalty APR will apply for at least 12 billing periods.
- No luxury benefitsCompared to other miles rewards cards, the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card benefits are limited. Aside from priority boarding and a free checked bag, there are no other significant travel perks.
This Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card review shows the benefits of the card. However, it may not be the best option for everyone. It is also not among MoneyGeek’s selection of the best credit cards. If you are looking for the best business credit cards or the best travel cards, you may want to consider other options.
Bonuses & Rewards Explained
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card also offers different bonuses and rewards — from welcome bonuses to earning and redeeming miles. Check these out and compare them with other credit cards to make sure you are getting the best card for your needs.
As a welcome offer, cardholders can get 75,000 bonus miles. All you have to do is spend $3,000 in purchases in the first three months. The offer expires on 3/29/23.
Earn and redeem miles
Using the card can help you earn miles, which you can use to pay for flights. Earn 2x miles at restaurants, direct Delta purchases, and eligible advertising and shipping purchases. You will earn 1x on other eligible purchases.
Introductory annual fee
The annual fee for a Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card is $99. However, this is waived the first year.
Other Features Explained
Knowing the features of the card and comparing them with others can help you decide whether it is the best credit card for your needs. In addition to its rewards and benefits, the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card offers various security features and customer support services.
- Card FeatureDescription
- Baggage insuranceCardholders can enjoy a baggage insurance plan when they purchase airfare using their Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card. This insurance covers lost, damaged or stolen baggage.
- Car rental loss and damage insuranceThe card also offers car rental loss and damage insurance. It protects you against large expenses if your rental vehicle in a covered territory gets damaged or stolen. To get this coverage, you have to use your card to reserve and pay for the entire rental and decline the collision damage policy at the rental company counter.
- Extended warrantyUsing your Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card on eligible purchases allows you to have up to one additional year of warranty coverage. This applies to covered purchases in the U.S. or other territories. The item’s original warranty should be five years or less.
"The American Express Business App can help you streamline and organize your business expenses on the go. You have the ability to get employee cards and earn rewards from their purchases as well." - Alene Laney, Credit Card Journalist
Understanding the Fine Print
Before you proceed with an American Express Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card application, make sure you understand all of its features, rates and fees. Take note of the APR, transaction fees and reward earning rates because these will affect your future credit card use.
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- APR20.74% – 29.74% Variable
- Annual Fee$99
- Cash Back Rewards
- Rewards Rate1–2 Miles per $1
- Airline Benefits
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card has a fairly high variable APR for both purchases and cash advances. The rate for purchases is 20.24% – 29.24%, while the rate for cash advances is 29.74%. Additionally, there is a penalty APR of 29.99% for those with two or more late payments within a year, who do not pay the minimum payment on time or whose payment was returned.
The annual fee for this credit card is $99. It is waived for the first year. For cash advances, you will have to pay either $5 or 3% of the amount for every transaction, whichever is greater. Foreign transactions do not have fees. Late payments and returned payments, on the other hand, come with up to $39 penalty fees.
The rates to earn miles vary depending on the transaction. If you use your card at restaurants, on direct Delta purchases or on U.S.-based advertising and shipping, you can earn 2x miles. The rate for other eligible purchases is one mile per dollar spent.
Credit cards have different features and offers. Make sure you understand these before choosing a card. This way, you can have the assurance that you are getting the best deal possible based on your needs as a cardholder. To learn more about fees, interest rates and other features, check out the card issuer’s website. If you already have a credit card to compare, read your latest billing statement or explore the online and mobile app accounts. Additionally, you can also use the credit card agreement database maintained by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card?
Other Considerations for Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
To figure out whether an Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card is right for you, consider how you plan on using it in the future. Will it be your only credit card? Or are you going to use it as an additional credit card?
Things to Consider if This Will Be Your First or Only Credit Card
If you plan on getting a Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card as your first or only credit card, consider the purchases you will be paying for. To maximize its benefits, use it for eligible purchases that let you earn miles. However, you should also consider the high APR. If you do not pay your monthly bills in full, you may end up with bigger expenses. If you think you can pay in full every month, this card may work well for your business travels as it does not have foreign transaction fees. You also get to enjoy priority boarding and save some money because of the free checked bag for every flight.
Things to Consider if This Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
As an additional credit card in your wallet, the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card is best for earning miles through various purchases. For instance, if your business makes purchases from shipping and advertising service providers, you may want to shift that spending to this card. Make sure you understand the rewards and fees of your other most-used cards to ensure you properly split your purchases among your cards.
For this Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card review, MoneyGeek used a methodology and review process involving the collection of information from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau’s database and the credit card companies themselves. Standardized points based on fees, bonuses and rewards were used to evaluate the company. MoneyGeek repeats this process regularly as credit card details and offers change.
How Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card Compares to Other Cards
If you are looking for a basic miles card for your business travels, then this credit card may be beneficial for you. There are various ways to earn miles, which you can use to buy flights. There are no foreign transaction fees, which makes it ideal for international travel. However, it has a higher APR and fewer travel perks compared to some other similar credit cards.
In-Depth Credit Card Comparisons:
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card vs Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card vs Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card vs United℠ Business Card
Quick Comparison of Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
- Annual Fee: $0 in the first year and $99 after
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 0%
- Regular APR on Purchases: 20.24% – 29.24% variable
- Welcome Bonus Offer: 75,000 bonus miles for $3,000 worth of purchases within the first three months. The offer expires on 3/29/23.
- Best for: Frequent business travelers looking for a card ideal for earning miles without foreign transaction fees
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $95
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 0%
- Regular APR on Purchases: 20.24% – 25.24% Variable
- Welcome Bonus Offer: 100,000 bonus points for $15,000 worth of purchases in the first three months
- Best for: Business travelers looking for a card with sign-up bonuses and no foreign transaction fees
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card to help you better understand its features. Use these pieces of information to decide whether it is an ideal option for you or not.
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
While some business travelers may find the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card an ideal choice, it may not be the best option for everyone. Consider how you plan on using your credit card and compare the fees and features of multiple cards. If you think a miles business card is not right for you, consider getting a rewards card or a cash back card.
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Card for Students
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card
Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
British Airways Visa Signature® Card
Discover it® chrome Credit Card
Discover it® Student chrome
Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
NHL® Discover it®
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®
BankAmericard® credit card
Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
BankAmericard® Secured Credit Card
Wells Fargo Reflect® Card
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Bank of America® Platinum Plus® Mastercard® Business card
Bank of America® Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card
Amazon Business Card
Discover it® Miles
Discover it® Secured Credit Card
Capital One Platinum Credit Card
The Plum Card® from American Express
Credit One Bank® Platinum X5 Visa®
Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card
U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card
Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
United Club℠ Infinite Card
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card
United℠ Explorer Card
USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
USAA® Rate Advantage Visa Platinum® Card
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp® Card
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Secured Card
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
BankAmericard® Credit Card for Students
Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
United Quest℠ Card
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card
Mastercard® Gold Card™
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit
Journey Student Rewards from Capital One
Mastercard® Black Card™
Chase Freedom Flex℠
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Merrick Bank Secured Credit Card
IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card
Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Credit Card for Students
IHG® Rewards Traveler Credit Card
OakStone Gold Secured Mastercard®
Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card
Chase Slate Edge℠
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
Simmons Rewards Visa Signature®
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
United Gateway℠ Card
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Chase Freedom® Student Credit Card
Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards
Indigo® Platinum Mastercard®
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card
Citi® Double Cash Card
Mastercard® Titanium Card™
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business
World of Hyatt Credit Card
Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business
Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card
Spark 1.5% Cash Select
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card
Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card
Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard® Secured Credit Card
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card
Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card
Learn more about credit cards in general
- American Express. "Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Credit Card." Accessed September 1, 2021.
- American Express. "Delta SkyMiles Gold Business American Express Card Application Terms and Conditions." Accessed September 1, 2021.
- Chase. "Ink Business Preferred Credit Card." Accessed September 1, 2021.
- Chase. "Ink Business Preferred Credit Card Pricing and Terms." Accessed September 1, 2021.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. "Credit Card Agreement Database." Accessed September 1, 2021.
- J.D. Power. "2020 J.D. Power Credit Card Satisfaction Study." Accessed September 1, 2021.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.