The cost of Kia car insurance varies substantially by model. The Kia Soul, which costs around $1,270 per year to insure, has the cheapest Kia insurance quote. The most expensive Kia model to insure is the Niro, costing roughly $1,631 per year. MoneyGeek has broken down the pricing of all main Kia models to help you determine average rates and identify the cheapest insurers.
How Much Kia Insurance Costs on Average - Summary by Model
Car insurance premiums vary widely, and a number of factors influence them, such as the car model. Below are the average costs to insure major Kia models, from cheapest to most expensive:
- Kia Soul: $1,270 per year
- Kia Soul EV: $1,476 per year
- Kia Niro: $1,631 per year
A certain Kia model may be more expensive than another for a variety of reasons, including a high manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) and high repair costs. For example, the Kia Soul EV is an electric vehicle, which may drive the cost of insurance up over the standard Kia Soul because of its repair costs. Plus, cars with more horsepower or a higher likelihood of theft receive higher insurance rates.
Kia Annual Insurance Costs by Model
Are Kias Expensive To Insure?
Kia insurance is moderately priced compared to other car makes. Keep in mind that Kia offers a range of models and that the model of your car influences your insurance costs more than its brand. According to MoneyGeek's analysis of three major Kia models, the Kia Soul has inexpensive insurance rates, the Kia Soul EV has moderate insurance rates, and the Kia Niro is expensive to insure.
The Kia Soul is the cheapest to insure, with an annual average cost of $1,270. That is due to its low value — inexpensive cars are cheaper to repair or replace, which makes insurance costs lower.
The Niro is the most expensive Kia model to insure at around $1,631 per year. Because it is a hybrid electric car, repairs are generally more expensive, which results in higher insurance rates.
How Much Is Insurance for a Kia Niro?
Kia Niro insurance costs an average of $1,631 annually across all model years. Of the three Kia models analyzed by MoneyGeek, it is the most expensive to insure. It is also relatively expensive to insure compared to all other car makes and models.
According to MoneyGeek’s research, State Farm offers the most affordable Kia Niro insurance at an average yearly cost of $1,242, while GEICO offers the most expensive policy at roughly $2,634 per year.
Kia Niro Annual Insurance Costs
Car insurance costs for a Kia Niro can change depending on factors like model year, driver profile and chosen coverage.
- The model year of your Kia Niro can make insurance costs higher or lower. For example, a 2020 Kia Niro costs around $1,631 per year to insure, but a 2022 Kia Niro is likely more expensive.
- An 18-year-old driver with a Kia Niro pays around $5,324 per year, while a 40-year-old driver pays roughly $1,631 annually.
- To determine the best car insurance for a Kia Niro, without considering cost, MoneyGeek looked at claims ratings, customer satisfaction and financial stability to find the best insurers.
How Much Is Insurance for a Kia Soul EV?
It costs an average of $1,476 per year for Kia Soul EV insurance. In terms of price, the Kia Soul EV is in the middle of the three Kia models reviewed by MoneyGeek. Compared to all other car makes and models, it has moderately-priced insurance.
GEICO provides the cheapest Kia Soul EV insurance at an average annual cost of $1,041, while Allstate gives the most expensive Kia Soul EV insurance quote at roughly $2,038 annually.
Kia Soul EV Annual Insurance Costs
A Kia Soul EV's insurance costs aren't set in stone; the model year, driver profile and selected coverage affect rates.
- The model year of your Kia Soul EV affects insurance costs. For example, a 2020 Kia Soul EV costs an average of $1,476 per year, but a 2021 or 2022 model may be more.
- An 18-year-old driver with a Kia Soul EV pays around $4,819 annually for insurance, much more than a 40-year-old that pays around $1,476 a year.
- MoneyGeek looked at claims ratings, customer satisfaction and financial stability to determine the best car insurance for a Kia Soul EV without a concern for cost.
How Much Is Insurance for a Kia Soul?
Kia Soul insurance costs around $1,270 annually across all model years. MoneyGeek found the Kia Soul is the least expensive of the three Kia models we examined. Overall, compared to other makes and models, a Kia Soul insurance quote is going to be inexpensive.
MoneyGeek found GEICO provides the cheapest insurance for a Kia Soul at an average annual cost of $1,069, while Allstate is the most expensive at around $1,612 annually
Kia Soul Annual Insurance Costs
Factors like the model year of the vehicle, driver profile and the type of coverage help determine how much auto insurance costs for a Kia Soul.
- The model year of your Kia Soul does influence the cost of car insurance. For example, a 2020 Kia Soul costs around $1,270 per year to insure, but a newer model may be more.
- An 18-year-old driver with a Kia Soul pays an average of $4,145 per year for insurance. But a 40-year-old driver pays roughly $1,270 annually for the same car.
- MoneyGeek looked at claims rating, user satisfaction and financial stability to determine the best car insurance for a Kia Soul, regardless of price.
FAQs About Kia Insurance
MoneyGeek answers the following frequently asked questions for drivers who want to know how much auto insurance rates for Kias vary based on the model.
MoneyGeek collected information about insurance provider rates for Kias using a sample driver profile. In this scenario, the driver is a 40-year-old male purchasing a full coverage policy with the following coverages:
- $100,000 in bodily injury liability insurance per person
- $300,000 in bodily injury liability insurance per accident
- $100,000 in property damage liability insurance per accident
- Comprehensive and collision insurance with a $1,000 deductible
Rates represent averages and can provide guidance on what prices to expect but won’t match your specific rates.
About Mark Fitzpatrick