Wells Fargo Reflect® Card Review
The Wells Fargo Reflect card offers a lengthy 0% introductory annual percentage rate (APR) on purchases and qualifying balance transfers, with incentives for using the credit card responsibly. If you’re looking to finance a new purchase or pay off existing credit card debt without interest, this card may be a good option.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
MoneyGeek analyzes the Wells Fargo Reflect® Card’s features and benefits in this report. Its main appeal is that it has no annual fee and has a 0% APR welcome offer. That means there’s no interest on purchases or balance transfers for 18 months from when you open your account, which may be extended for another three months if you make all your minimum payments on time.
You should note that its variable APR of 17.24% – 29.24% can result in high interest-only minimum payments if you’re carrying a large balance, and it does not offer rewards.
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Has Rewarding Welcome Offer
- Recommended CreditGood–Excellent
Wells Fargo Reflect® Card at a Glance
If you have a good to excellent credit score and intend to make large purchases or lower existing debt, the Wells Fargo Reflect card may work for you. It offers up to 21 months of 0% intro APR if you make your minimum payments on time. Additionally, cardholders get up to $600 of cell phone protection against damage or theft when they pay their monthly cell phone bill with the card.
- Wells Fargo Reflect® Card
A good no-annual-fee card with a lengthy 0% APR offer
- Good–ExcellentRecommended Credit
- $0Annual Fee
- 18 monthsBalance Transfer Duration
- 18 monthsAPR Offer Duration
Pros & Cons Explained
Wells Fargo Reflect® Card customers enjoy several benefits. However, it is essential to weigh the benefits and drawbacks before applying for the card.
- No annual feesThe card does not have an annual fee, a feature that isn’t available in all balance transfer cards.
- Generous Intro APR PeriodAfter getting the card, you pay a 0% introductory APR for the first 18 months, with the possibility of extending that to 21 months if you make all your monthly payments on time.
- Up to $600 cell phone protectionWhen you use your card to pay your monthly cell phone bill, you will get up to $600 protection against damage or theft. This amount is subject to a $25 deductible.
- Variable APR RatesThe card has a variable APR between 17.24% – 29.24% on purchases and balance transfers.
- Statement credit cashbackThrough My Wells Fargo Deals, you can access deals from various merchants and earn cashback in the form of a statement credit while using the card to shop or dine.
- Foreign transaction feeYou will incur a 3% foreign transaction fee on all purchases made using the card outside the United States, although this rate is common with most cards.
- Lack of reward programs and a welcome bonusWells Fargo Reflect® Card does not offer any welcome perks to its customers apart from the 0% intro APR. It also doesn’t feature travel, hotel and dining rewards.
- High credit score thresholdLike most balance transfer cards, the Wells Fargo Reflect card requires that you have good to excellent credit scores.
MoneyGeek’s methodology entails reviewing the data of every card in its database and highlights the top picks across popular card categories. You can check out our selection of the best balance transfer cards for 2022.
Other Features Explained
Aside from the Wells Fargo Reflect® Card benefits, there are also various features that make the card an excellent option for customers. Here is a highlight of some of them:
- Card FeatureDescription
- Authorized userYou can add an authorized user to your card and track their spending
- Roadside AssistanceThe card has a 24/7 on-demand dispatch network that offers emergency roadside assistance, locksmith and towing services.
- Balance transferThe card allows you to transfer outstanding balances from other cards. With its 0% interest for 18 months, this could be very helpful in paying off debts.
To keep the 0% intro APR status with your Wells Fargo Reflect card, make sure your account is not past due on the last day of each billing cycle. By making timely payments, you may even be able to increase the offer period from 18 months to 21 months.
Understanding the Fine Print
Is Wells Fargo Reflect a good card? The numerous benefits of the card make it an excellent choice for individuals seeking to transfer balances from other credit cards. However, you need to understand the fees associated with the card before applying for it.
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- APR17.24% – 29.24% Variable
- Annual Fee$0
- Balance Transfer Fee$5 or 3% in the first 60 days. After that, either $5 or 5%, whichever is greater.
- Balance Transfer APR17.24% – 29.24% Variable
- Late Feesup to $40
The Wells Fargo Reflect® Card features a variable APR of 17.24% – 29.24%. The interest applies to purchases and balance transfers. That means you will attract an interest rate of varying amounts if you carry any balances on your card past the due date. The APR for cash transfers and overdraft protection advances is somewhat high, at 29.99%.
Cash advance fees
After the Wells Fargo Reflect® Card application, you will pay a cash advance fee of $10 or 3% of the amount, whichever is greater. For example, if you take a cash advance of $1000, 5% of this is $50, which you will pay instead of the $10.
Late Payment Fees
With this card, you will pay a late fee of up to $40 and for returned or non-sufficient (NSF) payments.
Overdraft Protection Advances Fee
You will pay an overdraft protection advance fee of $12.50 if the total advance for the day is not more than $50. The fee amount increases to $20 if the advance for the day is more than $50.
Balance Transfer Fee
The Wells Fargo Reflect card has an introductory balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the transfer amount, whichever is greater. This fee is only valid for 120 days from opening your account. Afterward, the rate will be 5% for all transfers with a minimum of $5.
Foreign Transaction Fees
The card has a foreign transaction fee of 3%. That means you will be charged 3% of the amount you pay for transactions outside the U.S.
When comparing the Wells Fargo Reflect card benefits against other balance transfer cards, it is essential to note its fees and APR. To compare the card with other options, look for information from your last billing statement, the provider’s website or their app. You may also find useful information from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s credit card agreement database.
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider Wells Fargo Reflect® Card?
Other Considerations for Wells Fargo Reflect® Card
When you apply for any credit card, it’s important to analyze its benefits, terms and conditions, drawbacks and associated fees. Keep in mind the following factors before deciding to pursue a Wells Fargo Reflect® Card application.
Things to Consider if This Will Be Your First or Only Credit Card
If you wish to make this your first or only card, you should consider the relatively high APR rates and balance transfer fees. That’s because you will need to pay interest between 17.24% – 29.24% if you roll your balance over to the next month. However, if you plan to pay your monthly balance before the end of each billing cycle, you can avoid the high interest and get the 0% intro APR offer for at least 18 months and potentially up to 21 months.
Things to Consider if This Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
From zero annual fees to My Wells Fargo Deals that allows you to claim cashback in the form of a statement credit, the card may be a good additional card, especially if you want the option to make balance transfers. However, if you need a card with no foreign transaction fees, you might need to consider other alternatives.
To review credit cards, MoneyGeek utilizes a thorough methodology based on various factors. The procedure involves analyzing credit card information from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau’s database, standardizing data points and spend profiles, then assessing annual and introduction bonuses as well as conducting regular re-ranking.
How Wells Fargo Reflect® Card Compares to Other Cards
Most people choose this card because the provider charges no annual fee and provides an attractive intro balance transfer APR. However, you may need to compare it against other balance transfer cards to ensure that you find the best option for your needs.
Quick Comparison of Wells Fargo Reflect® Card
Wells Fargo Reflect® Card
- Annual Fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 17.24% – 29.24% variable
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3%
- APR Offer on Purchases: 0% for 18 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 18 months
- Minimum Security Deposit: None
- Cash Advance Fee: $10 or 5%
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99%
- Late Fee: $40
- Best For: Best suited for individuals that need a card that allows balance transfers with an attractive intro APR on purchases
Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum card
- Annual Fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 9.74% – 18% variable
- Foreign Transaction Fee: None
- APR Offer on Purchases: none
- Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months
- Minimum Security Deposit: None
- Cash Advance Fee: 0%
- Cash Advance APR: 11.74% – 20.00%
- Late Fee: up to $20
- Best For: Best for individuals seeking a balance transfer card with low APR rates, zero annual fee and low penalty rates.
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
The following questions respond to some frequently asked questions about the Wells Fargo Reflect® Card benefits and features that can help you make the best purchase decision.
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
If this card does not suit your needs, you may wish to consider taking a look at other balance transfer cards for more options. If you don’t want a balance transfer card, you may benefit from a rewards card or a cash back card.
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
IHG® Rewards Traveler Credit Card
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card
Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi
United℠ Business Card
United Club℠ Infinite Card
United℠ Explorer Card
United Gateway℠ Card
Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp® Card
Indigo® Platinum Mastercard®
Mastercard® Gold Card™
Merrick Bank Double Your Line® Secured Credit Card
Merrick Bank Secured Credit Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card for Students
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card
Fit Mastercard® Credit Card
Milestone® Gold Mastercard®
Disney® Premier Visa® Card
Alliant Visa Signature Card
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
The Plum Card® from American Express
U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
Citi® Double Cash Card
Credit One Bank® Platinum X5 Visa®
Credit One Bank® NASCAR® American Express® Credit Card
The Platinum Card® from American Express
Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
American Express Cash Magnet® Card
American Express® Gold Card
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
Journey Student Rewards from Capital One
Capital One Platinum Credit Card
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Chase Freedom® Student Credit Card
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
World of Hyatt Credit Card
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit
Deserve® EDU Mastercard for Students
Mastercard® Black Card™
Mastercard® Titanium Card™
Simmons Rewards Visa Signature®
U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card
U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card
American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
American Express® Business Gold Card
Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card
Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard® Secured Credit Card
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card
Capital One Spark Cash Select - $500 Cash Bonus
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
Aer Lingus Visa Signature®
British Airways Visa Signature® Card
Chase Freedom Flex℠
Iberia Visa Signature® Card
IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
Citi Premier® Card
Citi Rewards+® Card
Citi® Secured Mastercard®
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
Hilton Honors American Express Card
Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
United Quest℠ Card
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Card for Students
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card
Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card
PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card
Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card
Citi Custom Cash℠ Card
Citi Simplicity® Card
Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
Spark 1.5% Cash Select
Chase Slate Edge℠
Learn more about credit cards in general
- Wells Fargo. "0% intro APR offer | Wells Fargo Reflect® Card." Accessed February 25, 2022.
- Wells Fargo. "Wells Fargo Visa Reflect Credit Card Credit Terms and Conditions." Accessed February 25, 2022.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.