The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card
A good no-annual-fee card with cash back and an intro 0% APR balance transfer offer
- 1.5% Cash BackRewards Rate
- 16.90% – 30.90% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek conducts rigorous evaluations when reviewing credit cards every month. Our methodology is a six-step process that includes regular re-ranking, estimates of the average spending for consumer profiles, estimates of each card’s three-year values, standardized scoring for each card and more. We also gather information from credible sources like the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau.
The USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card is a good fit for USAA members who want straightforward terms for cash back, rewards and benefits. Note that USAA is only available to eligible veterans, current military members and their families. Depending on your terms, the card can have a high APR, ranging between 16.15% – 30.15%.
USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card Overview
The USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card offers 1.5% unlimited cash back on all qualifying purchases. As long as you have an active account, your cash back rewards don’t expire. There are also no annual or foreign transaction fees. Check the step-by-step process to see how you can claim your rewards:
- No annual or foreign transaction fees
- Earn 1.5% cash back on all qualifying purchases
- Intro 0% APR for the first 15 months on balance transfers and convenience checks that post to your account in the first 90 days, then a variable APR of 16.90% – 30.90% after that
- 3% fee for each balance transfer/convenience check
- Redeem cash back in increments of $1
- Complimentary travel accident insurance, auto rental coverage, baggage delay and reimbursement, and trip cancellation and interruption coverage
- Extended warranty
- Zero liability
- Access to a concierge service
- Access to identity theft resolution specialists
Important Card Details
When applying for a credit card, it’s important to thoroughly read the fine print, so you understand the card’s terms for annual fees, APR rates, benefits, features and more.
After the first 15 months of your account opening, the card charges a relatively high annual percentage rate (APR) of 16.90% – 30.90%.
Late payment fee
You might pay up to $35 if you make payments after your bill’s due date.
For each balance transfer, you’ll need to pay 3% of its amount. Cash advances also incur a 3% fee unless the money is transferred to a USAA deposit account.
USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature cardholders get even more perks with their card, including the following features.
- Zero liability for unauthorized transactions: If your card is used by an individual that doesn’t have the authority to do so, you’re not held liable for the expenses.
- Auto rental coverage: If you rent a car and use the USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature card, you’re covered for theft, physical damage and more. Your name must be listed as the primary renter.
- Travel and emergency assistance: Regardless of where you are, you can contact the USAA benefits center, which is available 24/7.
- Personal identity theft: To help restore your identity after a covered incident, you can get reimbursed up to $1,000. You can also utilize USAA’s identity theft resolution services.
- Customer service: USAA’s online customer service is available 24/7.
How the USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card Compares To Other Cards
Before you apply for a USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card, check how it stacks against other cards in terms of fees, rates and rewards. Ultimately, the best card for you should be based on your financial needs.
How the USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card Compares
USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card
- Annual fee: None
- APR: 16.90% – 30.90% variable
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash back rewards rate: Unlimited 1.5% cash back on qualified purchases
- Best for: USAA members who want simple terms and one rate for cash back
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Annual fee: None
- APR: 19.99% – 29.99% variable
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash back rewards rate: Unlimited 1.5% on every purchase
- Best for: Individuals who travel often outside the U.S.
Frequently Asked Questions
- J.D. Power. "Customers Losing Faith in Credit Card Issuers as COVID-19 Pandemic Lingers, J.D. Power Finds." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- USAA. "Credit Card Benefits Guide." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- USAA. "Credit Card Credit Limits FAQ." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- USAA. "Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature Credit Card." Accessed May 2, 2022.
- USAA. "Rates and Fees." Accessed May 2, 2022.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.