The U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature benefits include generous rewards for purchases in dining, food and grocery delivery, gas stations, streaming services and other everyday categories. If you are looking for a rewards card that offers great value with no annual fees, the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa card is a strong option.
U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature Review
The U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature rewards include four points per dollar spent on dining, takeout or food delivery. This card also comes with a $15 credit once a year for select streaming services, including Netflix and Spotify. All these rewards come with no annual fee and a 0% introductory APR for the first 12 billing cycles. However, this card has no travel transfer partners. To help you understand if and why you should pick the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card, we reviewed all of its features in detail.
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Cash Back Rewards
- Travel Rewards
U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature at a Glance
With a 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers, the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card is a great way to make interest-free purchases and consolidate your debts. This card also has no annual fees, meaning you can accumulate generous rewards on everyday categories at no cost. Another standout feature of the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card is the 20,000 bonus points that you earn if you spend $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 90 days. For travelers, travel protections like rental car insurance, roadside assistance and emergency assistance are some of the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature benefits.
- U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature
Solid dining rewards card with no annual fee
- ExcellentCredit Needed
- $0–$99*Annual Fee
- 1–4 Points per $1Rewards Rate
- 4xRewards Rate on Dining
- 2xRewards Rate on Gas
Pros & Cons Explained
If you want to accumulate hefty reward points in categories such as dining, takeout and grocery delivery, the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card is one of the best ways to do it. However, before you sign up for this card, it’s important to understand just what you stand to gain and what you need to watch out for.
- No Annual FeeAnnual fees can eat into your rewards, decreasing the value of your reward card. This makes the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa card one of the best high-value cards since it has no annual fee.
- 0% Introductory APRFor the first 12 billing cycles, there is a 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers with the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card. This means you have a year to pay off your large purchases or transfers interest-free.
- High Rewards on Dining-Related PurchasesAmong major credit cards, the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card offers one of the best reward rates for dining, takeout and food delivery. At four points per dollar in this category, you can earn a lot of reward points, especially if you frequently dine out or have food delivered.
- Bonus for Streaming ServicesYou can get an annual $15 credit toward eligible annual streaming services if you purchase the service for 11 consecutive calendar months using your U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card. This includes streaming services such as Spotify, YouTube TV and Netflix.
- Balance Transfer FeeOutside of the 12-month introductory period, the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card charges balance transfer fees at a rate of 3% of the transfer amount or a $5 minimum, whichever is greater.
- Low Base Rewards RateWhile you can earn rewards on most everyday spending categories with this card, the reward rate of one point per dollar for most categories means you get fewer reward points than you would with cards that offer higher rates of 1.5% or 2%.
The U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card is not on MoneyGeek’s list of the best cash back credit cards. If you would like to check out some of our recommendations, we reviewed the best cash back credit cards to help you find the best option for your needs.
Bonuses & Rewards Explained
The U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card welcome bonus is 20,000 bonus points if you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days. This means you will get a $200 redeemable bonus, which is great value considering there are no annual costs to bear.
U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature rewards include four points per dollar on dining, food delivery and takeout. You will also earn two points per dollar for your purchases related to grocery shopping, grocery delivery, gas stations and streaming services. All other categories earn you one point per dollar spent.
You can earn unlimited rewards with your U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card and these rewards never expire. Points on this card are worth one cent across all redemptions. You can redeem your rewards as cash back, as a statement credit or deposit them into a qualifying U.S. Bank account once you reach a minimum of 2,500 points. Your U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature rewards can also be redeemed for merchandise, gift cards or travel.
Maximize Your Rewards
The U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card offers great value for your dining, takeout and food delivery purchases. You can also take advantage of the 90-day welcome offer to get a $200 redeemable bonus, provided you make purchases worth $1,000 in the first three months.
Other Features Explained
- Card FeatureDescription
- Consistent Points ValueYour U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature rewards are worth one cent per point across the board. This means that if you do not want the hassle of finding out if and how your point value fluctuates or navigating complicated redemption programs, the consistent point value on this card is a plus. Whether you are redeeming your points for cash back, travel, gift cards or statement credit, the rate stays the same.
- Travel-FriendlyThe U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card is not a travel card but, considering that it has no foreign transaction fees and a decent set of travel protections, it can be helpful for the occasional traveler. It comes with rental car insurance, roadside dispatch and access to emergency services while you travel.
- Security FeaturesIf you lose or misplace your U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card, you can easily lock and unlock your card using the U.S. Bank mobile app.
"You're going to earn the most points by using this card for dining purchases. Be sure to also put payments on autopay so you never miss a payment." - Alene Laney, Credit Card Journalist
Understanding the Fine Print
The U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card comes with some standard fees that you should be aware of before you sign up.
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- Annual Fee$0–$99*
- Cash Back Rewards
- Rewards Rate1–4 Points per $1
- Airline Benefits
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
The U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card has an introductory 0% APR offer on purchases and balance transfers for 12 billing cycles. After this period the APR will vary from 14.99% to 23.99% based on the prime rate. You can take advantage of the introductory offer to make large purchases and pay them off interest-free within the year.
Balance Transfer Fee:
Outside of the intro period, the balance transfer fee for this card is 3% of the amount of each transfer or a minimum of $5, whichever is greater.
Cash Advance Fee
The cash advance fee on this card is 5% of the total amount of the cash advance or a minimum of $10, whichever is greater.
The U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card has no annual fees.
Foreign Transaction Fee
You will not pay any foreign transaction fee if you use your U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card outside of the U.S.
Cash Rewards Rate
The U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature reward earnings vary for different categories as follows:
- Rewards rate on dining, food delivery, and takeout: 4 points per dollar
- Rewards rate for groceries, grocery delivery, streaming services and gas stations: 2 points per dollar
- Rewards rate for all other eligible purchases: 1 point per dollar
Interest and Penalty Fees
With the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card, your due date is 24–30 days after the close of each billing cycle. If your entire balance is paid by the due date, you will not be charged any interest. Late payments and returned payment penalties on this card are up to $40 each.
If you would like to find out how the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature benefits stack up against other cards in the same category, you can compare reward rates and fees to find out which card has the best features for your needs. You can get this information from the U.S. Bank website or the website of any card issuer that you want to review. You can also check your billing statements, where the fees, terms and conditions on your card will be clearly stipulated.
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature?
Other Considerations for U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature
For most people, the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card works best as a secondary card for dining purchases. However, you can still use it as your primary rewards credit card, provided you keep the following considerations in mind.
The rewards rate on this card is best for dining and related purchases. This means you will earn generous rewards points for your food delivery, takeout and restaurant dining. However, for other categories, the reward rate may be lower than other reward cards.
Flexible Redemption, but No Travel Bonus
The U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card points have a consistent value of one cent per point regardless of how you choose to redeem them. You can redeem points for cash back, statement credit or direct deposit into a U.S. Bank savings or checking account, but you can only redeem once you have a minimum of 2,500 points.
To get approval for the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card, your credit scores typically need to be at least 670 for FICO or 700 for VantageScore. However, additional information, such as your source of income and income level, will also be considered, so even people with lower credit scores may get approved.
Things to Consider if This is Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
The U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card can be used to complement your other reward cards to make the best of the generous rewards available. If you want to have this card as your secondary rewards card, here are a few considerations to keep in mind:
Great Dining Rewards
If you have another reward card, you may want to consider using the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card for all your dining-related purchases. This is because it offers a better rate than most cards in this particular category. This card also has no annual fees, so there are no costs easting into your reward points.
No Foreign Transaction Fees
If you are a frequent traveler, you can use the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card to complement your travel card. Since it has no foreign transaction fees, you can still earn reward points on this card while traveling outside the U.S at no extra cost.
Introductory 0% APR
This card comes with a 0% introductory APR for 12 months, so you can take advantage of this offer by using this card for most of your purchases during this period. This way you will avoid accruing interest for that duration and lower your payments.
MoneyGeek uses a comprehensive six-step process that involves collecting credit card information, standardizing data points, establishing the cards' value and ranks for different categories, reviewing data monthly and reprocessing rankings, among other key rating factors. Our thorough review process helps us determine the best credit cards for different consumer profiles based on card fees, interest rates, rewards, benefits and more.
How U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature Compares to Other Cards
The U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card offers great value for those who spend a lot on dining and want a card with no annual fees and flexible redemption. Compared to other cards, such as the American Express Gold Card, you may be able to get better reward rates across more categories but the tradeoff is that you will have to pay an annual fee.
Quick Comparison of U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature
U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature Card
- Annual fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 14.99%–23.99%
- International transaction fee: 0%
- Welcome bonus: 20,000 bonus points
- No points transfer option
- Mini verdict: Best card for earning cash back rewards on dining purchases without paying annual fees.
American Express Gold Card
- Annual fee: $250
- Purchase APR: 15.99%–22.99%
- International transaction fee: 0%
- Welcome bonus: 60,000 reward points
- Points transfer option to many partners
- Mini verdict: Best for travel and earning generous rewards in multiple categories, including dining and groceries.
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
Before you sign up for the U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card, here are some of the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this card.
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
The U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature card is a great option for people who enjoy dining out or ordering takeout and food delivery. This card offers excellent value with no annual fee and makes a sound choice for everyday purchases. However, you can also check out other cash back credit card options to compare and determine the best option for your needs.
Chase Aer Lingus Visa Signature
Citi Rewards+ Card
Citi Diamond Preferred Card
Deserve EDU Mastercard for Students
Credit One Bank Platinum Visa
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Capital One Spark Cash Select
Chase British Airways Visa Signature
Citi American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp Mastercard
Chase Freedom Unlimited
Citi Costco Anywhere Visa Card
Mastercard Black Card
Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus
Chase Iberia Visa Signature
Chase United Gateway
Chase Ink Business Cash
U.S. Bank Visa Platinum
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
Capital One Spark Miles
Mastercard Titanium Card
Wells Fargo Platinum Card
Chase United Explorer
Chase IHG Rewards Club Traveler
Simmons Rewards Visa Signature
Citi CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard
Chase United Club Infinite
Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
Citi Premier Card
American Express Blue Business Cash Card
U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature
Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase United Business
Capital One Venture
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
American Express Blue Business Plus Credit Card
Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold
Capital One VentureOne Rewards
Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business
American Express Cash Magnet Card
Chase Freedom Flex
American Express Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card
Citi Double Cash Card
Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier
Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier
American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card
American Express Delta SkyMiles Gold Card
American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card
Learn more about credit cards in general
- U.S. Bank. "U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature Card." Accessed August 29, 2021.
- U.S. Bank. "U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature Card Terms and Conditions." Accessed August 29, 2021.