The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
A good rewards card with multiple bonus categories
- 1–5 pointsRewards Rate
- 21.24% – 29.24% VariableAPR
- $95Annual Fee
- ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek reviews hundreds of credit cards using a thorough methodology; our six-step process includes examining long-term value, standardizing data points for convenient comparisons, gathering information from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau’s database and regularly reassessing data.
MoneyGeek reviewed the U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card to help you determine if it’s the rewards card for you. It offers 5x points on prepaid hotels and car rentals through the Altitude Rewards Center, 4x points for travel and gas purchases, 2x points when you shop at grocery stores or go to restaurants, and more. You get a $0 intro annual fee for the first 12 months. If you spend $2,000 within the first 120 days, you get points redeemable for $500.
U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card Overview
You can earn 50,000 bonus points with your U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card by spending $2,000 within the first 120 days — that equals a $500 reward. Another perk is that points never expire, and you can earn points on everyday purchases, like at gas stations, EV charging stations, grocery stores, restaurants and streaming services. There are various ways to use your points:
- Get 5X points on car rentals and hotels booked through the Altitude Rewards Center.
- Earn up to 4X points on travel and at gas and EV charging stations.
- Earn 2X points on grocery and dining.
- Get a $30 credit for annual streaming service purchases through popular streaming service providers.
Important Card Details
The U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card is a rewards card that you can earn many points with if you spend money in the categories with the highest point earning potential. But, it’s advisable to read through the fine print before completing the U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card application to guarantee you get the most out of it and know its fees, like the APR and annual fee.
The annual fee is waived for the first year, and then $95 after that.
The U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card has a variable annual percentage rate of 21.24% – 29.24% for purchases, which is fairly high. Your creditworthiness determines the rate when you apply, and it is variable afterward based on the Prime Rate.
Balance Transfer and Cash Advance Fees
For every balance transfer, you pay 3% of the amount or $5, whichever is more. For a cash advance, the fee is 5% of the amount or $10, whichever is the higher amount. Take note, the cash advance APR is a variable of 29.99%.
Points Reward Rate
You don’t have a limit when earning points with this card. You have a rewards rate of 1-5 points for eligible purchases, like 4x points at U.S. gas stations, 2x points at U.S. grocery stores and 2x points on dining and streaming services. Therefore, if you spend $1,000 a month on groceries, you earn 24,000 points in a year, which translates to around $240 in redeemable cash back.
The U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card benefits and features also include:
- Contactless payments: You can pay by tapping your card if there’s a Contactless Symbol.
- Mobile wallet: To earn points at your convenience, you can connect your card to your mobile wallet.
- TSA PreCheck or Global Entry reimbursement: Get up to $100 in statement credits once every four years to reimburse your application fee.
- Visa Signature: With this card, you can get exclusive access to travel, shopping, fine dining, sporting events, and more experiences.
How the U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card Compares To Other Cards
U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card is a great option if you’re looking for rewards and want points that don’t expire. However, it has a high annual fee and high APR. Comparing this card to another rewards credit card can help you determine if it’s a good fit for your needs.
How the U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card Compares
U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 after the first year
- Average APR: 21.24% – 29.24% variable
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 0%
- Rewards Rate: 1-5 points for eligible purchases
- Mini Verdict: Best for people with excellent credit that can offset the high APR and annual fee with rewards
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®
- Annual Fee: $95
- Average APR: 28.99% variable
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3%
- Rewards Rate: 5% for bonus purchases and 1% for other purchases
- Mini Verdict: Ideal for those with fair to excellent credit looking to earn rewards
Frequently Asked Questions
- US Bank. "U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card." Accessed February 28, 2022.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.