The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card
A good no annual fee balance transfer card with cash back
- 1.5% – 2% Cash BackRewards Rate
- 17.99% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- Good–ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek gathers credit card data and information, such as fees, benefits and reward structure, to review and compare them with competitors in the same credit card category. Our ranking methodology determines which cards are included in our "Best Cards Lists" every month to help you find the best credit card offers and benefits for your needs.
If you have varied spending habits and want to accumulate cash back without worrying about rotating categories, the Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card is a solid credit card choice. Use this card to consolidate your debt and pay it off within the first year of account opening to take advantage of its promotional 0% APR balance transfer intro offer.
Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card Overview
If you’re a PenFed Honors Advantage Member, you earn 2% cash back on all purchases with the Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card. All other PenFed members earn 1.5% cash back. You can redeem your Power Cash rewards in the following ways:
- No annual fees
- 2% cash back for PenFed Honors Advantage Members
- 1.5% cash back for non-members
- $100 bonus offer statement credit on $1,500 spent within the first 90 days
- 0% balance transfer promo APR for 12 months, although a 3% fee applies on each transfer
Important Card Details
Understanding the Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card’s associated fees and charges in detail can help you determine if it’s right for your budget and needs.
The table below provides an overview of what you can expect from this card. We’ll also explain the most important fees, interest rates and associated charges.
Balance Transfer APR
The Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card offers 0% APR on balance transfers. After that date, all unpaid balances and new balance transfers will be subject to a non-variable APR of 17.99%. Users must pay a 3% fee on each balance transfer transaction.
Late payments on this card result in fees based on the remaining balance. A $20 late payment fee applies to balances less than $1,000, $25 for balances between $1,000 and $2,000 and $28 for balances more than $2,000.
Your purchase variable APR is 17.99%, based on your creditworthiness and the market rate.
Other features and benefits of the Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card include:
- 24/7 fraud protection: PenFed monitors your account for fraudulent activity and contacts you immediately.
- EMV chip technology: This technology makes it more difficult for fraudsters to duplicate your data or clone your card.
- Secure remote commerce: Confidently shop online with multiple layers of payment security on your Visa card.
- Member discounts: PedFed members enjoy discounts on various home, auto, retail and financial products and services.
- Visa signature discounts: This card’s affiliation with Visa provides additional discounts when buying goods and services from participating merchants.
How the Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card Compares To Other Cards
The Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card is a credit union cash back rewards card that offers a flat cash back rate and other PenFed and Visa features for cardmembers’ protection. See how it stacks up against another cash back credit card with similar offers.
How the Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card Compares
Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card
- Recommended Credit: Good–Excellent
- No Annual Fee
- Variable APR: 17.99%
- Rewards Rate: 2% cash back on all purchases for Honors Advantage Members; 1.5% for non-members
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Intro APR Offer: Promotional 12-month 0% APR on balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.99%; 3% fee applies for each transaction
- $100 bonus statement credit after spending $1,500 within the first 90 days
- Best For: PenFed Honors Advantage Members who want cash back rewards
- Credit Score: Good–Excellent
- No Annual Fee
- Variable APR: 19.99% – 29.99% variable
- Rewards Rate: 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Intro APR Offer: 15-month 0% APR, then a variable APR of 19.24% – 29.24% after that
- $250 early spend bonus after spending $1000 within the first 90 days
- Best For: Cash back rewards for everyday spending
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.