The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card
A great no annual fee gas rewards card
- 1–5 pointsRewards Rate
- 17.99% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- Good–ExcellentRecommended Credit
In order to rate credit cards and companies, MoneyGeek uses an extensive rating methodology. We collect data from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's database, standardize the data points, estimate the average spend profiles for each card, consider the annual and introductory bonuses and compute the three-year worth of each card. Additionally, the card list is updated twice a year and re-ranked monthly.
Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card is a fantastic option for individuals with excellent credit who regularly make gas and grocery purchases. You receive five points for every dollar spent at gas stations, three points for every dollar spent at grocery shops, restaurants and streaming services and one point for every dollar spent on anything else. Despite a high APR, it has no annual fee, making it the ideal option for deal seekers and frequent shoppers.
Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card Overview
The Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card allows you to earn one to five points for every dollar you spend. In addition, it provides the following benefits and perks.
- 0% intro APR for balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable APR of 17.99%
- 15,000 Bonus Points for spending $1,500 in first 90 days
- No annual fee
- 5X points on gas purchases and 3X points on other bonus categories
Important Card Details
It is vital that you are aware of your rights as a credit card holder. Understanding the features, fees and interest rates associated with the Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card can help you compare it to other cards.
This card does not have an annual fee.
The Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card has a variable APR of 17.99%. Balance transfers are charged at 0% for the first 12 months, and the regular APR of 17.99% applies thereafter.
For every dollar spent with the card for travel purchases, you will receive a minimum of one point per dollar. For gas purchases, you earn five points per dollar and for supermarket, restaurant and streamlining services, you earn three points per dollar.
Foreign Transaction Fee
This is a great credit card for international travel due to the absence of a foreign transaction fee.
Cash Advance/Balance Transfer Fee
The card charges no fee for cash advance transactions. However, balance transfers attract a fee of 3% per transaction.
Aside from the Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card’s main benefits, it offers a number of attractive features that make it a good choice for everyday shopping.
See MoneyGeek's credit card glossary for further information on the terminology used in your credit card statement or terms.
- EMV Chip Technology: When you use your card at a chip-enabled terminal, the built-in chip technology provides you with better fraud protection.
- Zero Liability Policy: This Visa card comes with a zero-liability policy that ensures you won't be held liable for any unauthorized purchases made with your card.
- Tap to Pay: It's easy to pay for things with your contactless Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card. You just tap it on a card reader with the contactless feature and you're done.
- Digital Wallet: PenFed Digital Wallet connects with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay to make payments easy through your phone.
- 24/7 Fraud Monitoring: Your account is monitored 24/7, and the company will contact you as soon as fraudulent activity is suspected.
How the Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card Compares To Other Cards
When compared to other rewards cards, the Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card stands out for its high rewards and perks as well as for its absence of annual fee and international transaction fee. Comparing it to other reward cards is subjective, and the right card for you depends on your unique needs.
How the Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card Compares
Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card
- Annual Fee: None
- International Transaction Fee: None
- Regular APR: 17.99% variable
- Rewards Rate: One-five points per dollar
- Best For: Those who purchase gasoline, grocery and streamlining services frequently
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
- Annual Fee: None
- International Transaction Fee: 3%
- Regular APR: 18.24% – 24.24% variable
- Rewards Rate: 1% - 5%
- Best For: Small business owners who spend a significant amount on office supplies
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.