The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card
A good travel rewards card that comes with a possible annual fee waiver
- 1.5– 4 pointsRewards Rate
- 17.99% VariableAPR
- $95Annual Fee
- Good–ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek collects up-to-date credit card data and information, including fees, benefits and reward structure to review and analyze competitors in the same credit card category. Our ranking methodology identifies which cards are in our “Best Cards Lists” every month to help you find the card where you can reap the highest offers and benefits.
Best suited for credit union members who want to earn rewards on travel purchases, the PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card offers an attractive welcome bonus and $100 in domestic travel credits each year. Cardholders can also earn points on everyday purchases. With the promotional 0% APR on balance transfers, you can consolidate your debt and pay it down with this card. The $95 annual fee, which PenFed waives for existing PenFed Honors Advantage Members, is still worth paying if you travel frequently.
PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card Overview
With the PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card, you’ll earn 3X points per dollar spent on travel, which includes airfare, hotel stays, car rental and more. You’ll also earn 1.5X points on all other purchases. If you’re a PenFed Honors Advantage Member, your rewards increase to 4X points on travel purchases.
Want to know how to redeem points with the PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card? Possibilities include:
- 4X points on all travel categories for PenFed Honors Advantage members
- 3X on all travel categories for non-members
- 1.5X points on all other purchases
- Earn 50,000 welcome bonus points after spending $3,000 within the first 90 days
- Consolidate debt with a 0% balance transfer promo offer
Important Card Details
Understanding the PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card’s associated fees can help you determine if it’s right for your budget and needs.
The table below lists the most important fees, interest rates and associated charges that apply to this card. We’ll also break down what goes into the APR rates you’ll receive upon applying for this card.
Balance Transfer APR
The Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature Card comes with a promotional balance transfer offer of 0% APR for the first 12 months. After that, a non-variable 17.99% APR applies for all unpaid balances and new balance transfers.
This means that any outstanding credit card balances you transfer to this card before the deadline won’t accrue interest for a year. This feature could help you consolidate debt and save money while paying it off. However, you’ll have to pay a 3% fee for each balance transfer.
Making late payments on this card incurs variable charges depending on the remaining balance. A late payment fee of $20 applies to balances less than $1,000, $25 to balances up to $2,000 and $28 if your balance is greater than $2,000.
For purchases, this card’s APR is 17.99%. APR is determined by your creditworthiness when you open your account and is subject to change based on the market prime rate.
The PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card offers many other features and benefits, which include:
How the PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card Compares To Other Cards
The PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card is a credit union travel rewards card with valuable rewards rates and perks. MoneyGeek compares it with a similar travel credit card, the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
How the PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card Compares
PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card
- Requires: Good to excellent credit score
- Annual Fee: $95
- Regular APR: 17.99% variable
- Rewards Rate: 3X points on travel purchases; 1.5X points on other purchases
- Foreign Transaction Fees: None
- Redemption Options: Gift certificate, travel and shopping with partner merchants
- Best For: PenFed Honors Advantage Members who want to earn points on travel purchases.
- Recommended Credit: Good to excellent credit score
- Annual Fee: $95
- Regular APR: 20.99% – 25.99% variable
- Rewards Rate: 1X points across all categories
- Foreign Transaction Fees: None
- Redemption Options: Gift certificate, cash back and Chase Ultimate Rewards Store.
- Best For: Business owners who want to earn rewards on office supplies purchases.
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.