The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
The Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card benefits include a straightforward rewards structure with no earning caps or minimums when redeeming your rewards. The 1.75% rewards rate on all purchases can help you rack up reward points easily without having to pay any annual fees. This card also has no foreign transaction fees and a relatively low APR compared to competing cards. Plus, with no annual fee, this can be a great card for military members.
>>MORE: NAVY FEDERAL MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Cash Back Rewards
- Travel Rewards
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card at a Glance
The Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card is ideal if you don’t like complicated rewards programs since it allows you to earn cash back at 1.75% across all categories. The low annual fees, no foreign transaction fees and low APR will also appeal to anyone who wants a cash back card.
- Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card
A great no annual fee cash back card for average to excellent credit
- 13.40% – 18.00% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- 1.5%–1.75% Cash BackRewards Rate
- 0%Balance Transfer Fee
- Fair–ExcellentRecommended Credit
Pros & Cons Explained
The Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card offers solid value depending on what you are looking for in a cash back card. Here are the main pros and cons you need to be aware of before you apply for this card.
- No annual feesThis card does not charge any annual fees, meaning you do not have to worry about costs eating into your rewards.
- Relatively low standard APROne of the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card benefits is that it is comparatively low on fees compared to other cards. With a standard APR of 13.40% – 18.00% variable, this cash back card has a lower standard APR compared to other cards in the same category.
- Unlimited rewards earning potentialThe Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card has no spending categories and no limits on the rewards that you can earn. This card also does not require a minimum when redeeming your points. This means earning and redeeming your points is quite simple.
- Relatively low cashback reward rateThe 1.75% cash back rate you get with the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card is comparatively low since there are cards in this category offering rewards rate of 2% or higher. This rate could even be lower at just 1.5% if you do not have a Navy Federal bank account.
- High spending requirement for the welcome bonusThe $1,000 spending limit required in the first 90 days to qualify for the welcome bonus is relatively high compared to most cash back cards where the spending threshold for the welcome bonus is typically $500.
The Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card is not one of MoneyGeek’s top recommendations for cash back cards. You can review our list of the best cash back credit cards to find the best option.
Bonuses & Rewards Explained
The Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card does not have much in the way of bonus perks, but the straightforward rewards programs and low fees make it a competitive option.
If you spend $1,000 on your Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card within 90 days of account opening, you will get a welcome bonus of $100 cash back.
The Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card has a simple rewards program with a flat rate of 1.75% cash back for all eligible purchases if you have a direct deposit account at a Navy Federal bank. If you don’t have a direct deposit account, you will earn rewards at a flat rate of 1.5% on all eligible purchases.
There is no minimum limit to redeem your rewards, which can be redeemed into your Navy Federal bank account. Alternatively, you can redeem your rewards as a statement credit. Rewards on the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card do not expire provided your account remains active.
Other Features Explained
Beyond its easy-to-follow rewards structure, the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card offers other features that you might find beneficial.
- Card FeatureDescription
- Rental car coverageIf you use this card to pay for a rental car, you can get secondary rental coverage if you decline the collision damage waiver at the front desk.
- Zero liability policy for unauthorized transactionsCardholders are not held liable for any fraudulent transactions. Other security features on this card include the option to freeze or unfreeze your account and set up fraud alerts to get notifications if there is suspicious activity on your account.
- Customer experienceThe Navy Federal Credit Union has the highest customer satisfaction score in the J.D. Power U.S. Credit Card Satisfaction Study. Cardholders get exemplary customer service including access to 24/7 customer service and free access to their FICO score.
If you travel internationally on a regular basis, the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card is a good card to use since it charges no foreign transaction fees.
Understanding the Fine Print
Compared to other cash back cards in the same category, the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card has relatively low fees and is a good option if you want a low-cost cash back card.
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- APR13.40% – 18.00% Variable
- Annual Fee$0
- Cash Back Rewards
- Rewards Rate1.5%–1.75% Cash Back
- Airline Benefits
The standard APR on the Navy Federal Visa cashRewards Card is 13.40% – 18.00% variable. This card could be useful for holding balances if you want to save on interest charges since the regular APR is lower than the rate offered by most competitor cards.
Annual Fees and Other Fees
This card has no annual fees and also does not charge any foreign transaction fees. You will also not be charged any cash advance fees when you get cash advances from a Navy Federal branch or ATM.
For late or returned payments, cardholders will incur a fee of up to $20 for late payments and $20 for returned payments.
Cash Back Rewards Rate
The Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card benefits include a cash back rewards rate of 1.75% for all purchases if you have a direct deposit account at a Navy Federal Bank. If you don’t have a direct deposit account, you will earn rewards at a flat rate of 1.5%.
It is important to understand all the features and fees before you decide whether this card is the best option for you. You can find out more about the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card from the issuer’s website. If you would like to compare this card with other cards in your wallet, you can find the latest information on fees and other features in your account statement or your card issuer’s website.
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card?
Other Considerations for Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card
Depending on how you plan to use your Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card, keep the following considerations in mind before you apply for it.
Things to Consider if This Will Be Your First or Only Credit Card
If this is your first card, you might have trouble qualifying for it. This is because the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card credit score requirement ranges from 670 to 850, so you need a good to excellent credit score to apply.
Also, this card is only available to people with a military background. Plus, you will need to have a Navy Federal bank account that has a monthly direct deposit set up to earn 1.75% cash back.
Without a direct deposit account, you will only earn cash back at a flat rate of 1.5%.
Things to Consider if This Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
The Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card can make a good secondary card to supplement your other rewards cards. You can make the most of it by taking advantage of its low standard APR if you plan on carrying a balance.
Plus, if you travel internationally frequently, this is the ideal card to use when compared to your other cards. You can use this card abroad without paying foreign transaction fees.
MoneyGeek uses a comprehensive methodology and review process when rating credit cards. We collect credit card information and evaluate potential cardholder’s spend profiles. Our process also factors in the card’s value and ranks for different categories. MoneyGeek even obtains data from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau’s database, standardizes data points for easy comparison, determines the long-term value and carries out regular re-ranking.
How Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card Compares to Other Cards
The Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card stands out for having low fees compared to other cards in the same category. However, in terms of rewards, there are cash back cards that offer more generous rewards and a wider range of perks, such as the Citi Custom Cash card.
Quick Comparison of Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card
- Annual Fee: $0
- Standard APR: 13.40% – 18.00% variable
- Foreign Transaction Fee: $0
- Rewards Rate: 1.5%-1.75% cash back for all eligible purchases
- Welcome Bonus: Earn $100 bonus cash back when you spend $1,000 within 90 days of account opening.
- Mini Verdict: Best if you are in the military and want a flat rate rewards card with low fees
Citi Custom Cash Card
- Annual Fee: $0
- Standard APR: 18.24% – 28.24% variable
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3%
- Rewards Rate: 5% cash back per dollar spent in your top spending category up to $500 and 1% on all other eligible purchases
- Welcome Bonus: Earn $200 bonus cash back if you spend $1500 on purchases in the first 6 months of account opening.
- Mini Verdict: Best if you want a flexible rewards card with generous cash back rates for specific categories such as dining or travel
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
You can learn more about the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card application process and features using the answers to commonly asked questions below.
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
If you prefer a simple rewards card without complicated spending categories, the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card is a solid choice. However, if you’re looking for more generous rewards or do not have the military background necessary to qualify for this cash back card, you can check out our recommendations for cash back cards, rewards cards, gas cards and travel cards.
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Card for Students
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card
Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
British Airways Visa Signature® Card
Discover it® chrome Credit Card
Discover it® Student chrome
Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
NHL® Discover it®
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®
BankAmericard® credit card
Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
BankAmericard® Secured Credit Card
Wells Fargo Reflect® Card
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Bank of America® Platinum Plus® Mastercard® Business card
Bank of America® Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card
Amazon Business Card
Discover it® Miles
Discover it® Secured Credit Card
Capital One Platinum Credit Card
The Plum Card® from American Express
Credit One Bank® Platinum X5 Visa®
Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card
U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card
Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
United Club℠ Infinite Card
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card
United℠ Explorer Card
USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
USAA® Rate Advantage Visa Platinum® Card
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp® Card
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Secured Card
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
BankAmericard® Credit Card for Students
Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
United Quest℠ Card
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card
Mastercard® Gold Card™
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit
Journey Student Rewards from Capital One
Mastercard® Black Card™
Chase Freedom Flex℠
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Merrick Bank Secured Credit Card
IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card
Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Credit Card for Students
IHG® Rewards Traveler Credit Card
OakStone Gold Secured Mastercard®
Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Learn more about credit cards in general
- J.D. Power. "U.S. Credit Card Satisfaction Study." Accessed March 21, 2022.
- Navy Federal. "Credit Card Application Disclosure." Accessed February 25, 2022.
- Navy Federal. "Cash Rewards Credit Card." Accessed February 25, 2022.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.