The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card
A great no annual fee cash back card for average to excellent credit
- 1.5%–1.75% Cash BackRewards Rate
- 14.65% – 18.00% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- Fair–ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek uses a comprehensive methodology and review process when rating credit cards. We collect credit card information and evaluate potential cardholder’s spend profiles. Our process also factors in the card’s value and ranks for different categories. MoneyGeek even obtains data from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau’s database, standardizes data points for easy comparison, determines the long-term value and carries out regular re-ranking.
The Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card benefits include a straightforward rewards structure with no earning caps or minimums when redeeming your rewards. The 1.75% rewards rate on all purchases can help you rack up reward points easily without having to pay any annual fees. This card also has no foreign transaction fees and a relatively low APR compared to competing cards. Plus, with no annual fee, this can be a great card for military members.
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card Overview
The Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card does not have much in the way of bonus perks, but the straightforward rewards programs and low fees make it a competitive option.
- 1.75% cash back on all purchases if you enroll in direct deposit with Navy Federal
- 1.5% cash back on all purchases if you don't enroll in direct deposit with Navy Federal
- Earn a $250 bonus if you spend $3,000 within 90 days. The offer expires on Oct. 03, 2023.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- No annual fees
- No foreign transaction fees
Important Card Details
Compared to other cash back cards in the same category, the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card has relatively low fees and is a good option if you want a low-cost cash back card.
The standard APR on the Navy Federal Visa cashRewards Card is 14.65% – 18.00% variable. This card could be useful for holding balances if you want to save on interest charges since the regular APR is lower than the rate offered by most competitor cards.
Annual Fees and Other Fees
This card has no annual fees and also does not charge any foreign transaction fees. You will also not be charged any cash advance fees when you get cash advances from a Navy Federal branch or ATM.
For late or returned payments, cardholders will incur a fee of up to $20 for late payments and $20 for returned payments.
Cash Back Rewards Rate
The Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card benefits include a cash back rewards rate of 1.75% for all purchases if you have a direct deposit account at a Navy Federal Bank. If you don’t have a direct deposit account, you will earn rewards at a flat rate of 1.5%.
Beyond its easy-to-follow rewards structure, the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card offers other features that you might find beneficial.
How the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card Compares To Other Cards
The Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card stands out for having low fees compared to other cards in the same category. However, in terms of rewards, there are cash back cards that offer more generous rewards and a wider range of perks, such as the Citi Custom Cash card.
How the Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card Compares
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card
- Annual Fee: $0
- Standard APR: 14.65% – 18.00% variable
- Foreign Transaction Fee: $0
- Rewards Rate: 1.5%-1.75% cash back for all eligible purchases
- Welcome Bonus: Earn $250 bonus cash back when you spend $3,000 within 90 days of account opening.
- Mini Verdict: Best if you are in the military and want a flat rate rewards card with low fees
Citi Custom Cash Card
- Annual Fee: $0
- Standard APR: 18.99% – 28.99% variable
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3%
- Rewards Rate: 5% cash back per dollar spent in your top spending category up to $500 and 1% on all other eligible purchases
- Welcome Bonus: Earn $200 bonus cash back if you spend $1500 on purchases in the first 6 months of account opening.
- Mini Verdict: Best if you want a flexible rewards card with generous cash back rates for specific categories such as dining or travel
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.