The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card
A good no annual fee rewards card for people with average credit
- 1–3 pointsRewards Rate
- 14.65% – 18.00% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- Fair–ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek uses a comprehensive methodology and review process to rate credit cards. We collect credit card information and standardize data point weights and potential cardholders' spending profiles. Our process also factors in the cards' value and ranks them in different categories. MoneyGeek also obtains data from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau’s database, determines their long-term value and carries out regular re-ranking.
The Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card rewards you for spending on everyday categories. If your food, grocery and gas expenses are high, you can quickly rack up reward points at a generous 3x points per dollar for these categories. All other eligible purchases earn you 1x point per dollar.
This card is also relatively low on fees compared to competitors and has no foreign transaction or annual fees. However, you need to have a military background and be a member of the Navy Federal Credit Union to qualify for the Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card credit card.
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card Review Overview
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card is a great rewards card for racking up points on everyday spending. It also offers plenty of redemption options making it convenient and easy to use.
- No annual fees
- 3x points per dollar on bonus categories
- Earn 15 points per dollar if you shop online through Navy Federal’s Member Deals platform
- Earn up to 25% discount on car rentals
- Up to 30% off on select hotel bookings through Booking.com on the Amex Benefits platform
- Car rental loss & damage insurance
- Roadside assistance
Important Card Details
One of the Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card benefits is that it’s relatively low on fees compared to competitors. However, there are still some key rates and fees you need to be aware of when signing up.
For both purchases and balance transfers, the standard APR on the Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card Credit Card is 14.65% – 18.00% variable. For cash advances, the APR is 2% higher than your standard APR.
Annual fees and other fees
This card has no annual fees or foreign transaction fees. You will also not pay any cash advance fees when you use a Navy Federal branch or ATM.
For late or returned payments, cardholders will pay a fee of up to $20.
Cash back rewards rate
The Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card Credit Card rewards structure is 3x points per dollar spent on restaurants and food delivery, gas and transit expenses and supermarket purchases. All other eligible purchases earn one point per dollar spent.
The Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card offers members generous rewards on everyday spending categories like groceries and gas. It also comes with the following standard features
- Retail protection: This card comes with retail protection to cover loss or damage within 90 days of purchase
- Extended warranty: When you pay with your Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card, you get an extended warranty of up to 12 months for eligible purchases.
- Travel and car rental discounts: You can get up to 30% off on eligible hotels when you book on the Amex Benefits travel site. You can also get a 25% discount for car rentals.
- Security features: Cardholders can freeze or unfreeze their accounts in case their cards are lost or stolen. You will not be held liable for any fraudulent transactions on your account and Navy Federal allows you to set up notifications in case of suspicious activity on your card.
- Customer experience: Navy Federal offers cardholders 24/7 access to customer assistance and free access to their FICO scores. You can also get support on the issuer's website which has an instant chat feature.
- Customer satisfaction: Navy Federal Credit Union scored highest for customer satisfaction among regional banks and credit unions in the J.D. Power 2021 Credit Card Satisfaction Study.
How the Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card Compares To Other Cards
If you are a Navy Federal Credit Union member, the Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card is hard to beat in terms of rewards, fees and perks. However, if you prefer a card with more flexibility and a 0% introductory APR, options like the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card card may be a better fit for you.
How the Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card Compares
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card
- Annual Fee: None
- Standard APR: 14.65% – 18.00% variable
- Foreign Transaction Fee: None
- Rewards Rate: 3% cash back for restaurant, food delivery, gas and groceries. 1% for all other eligible purchases.
- Welcome Bonus: None
- Mini Verdict: Best if you are in the military and want to earn generous rewards on everyday spending with few fees.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Annual Fee: None
- Standard APR: 19.99% – 29.99% variable
- Foreign Transaction Fee: None
- Rewards Rate: 1.5% flat-rate cash back for all categories
- Welcome Bonus: Earn $250 bonus cash back if you spend $1000 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening. 15-month introductory 0% APR period.
- Mini Verdict: Best if you want a simple flat-rate rewards card with a 0% APR for balance transfers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.