The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Credit One Bank® NASCAR® American Express® Credit Card
A good cash back credit card for NASCAR fans with average to excellent credit
- 1% Cash BackRewards Rate
- 28.99% VariableAPR
- $39Annual Fee
- FairRecommended Credit
When MoneyGeek reviews credit cards, we thoroughly examine each card using our six-step process. MoneyGeek also reevaluates credit card rankings monthly, has standardized scoring for comparing data, establishes three-year values of each card and estimates average spending profiles for consumers.
Credit One Bank’s NASCAR® American Express® Card best fits individuals who are NASCAR fans and want to redeem unlimited 1% cash back rewards. NASCAR fans can also use exclusive benefits like deals and discounts from NASCAR merchants along with double cash back for NASCAR Shop purchases. The card has an annual fee of $0–$39 based on creditworthiness but comes with a high variable APR of 28.99%.
Credit One Bank® NASCAR® American Express® Credit Card Overview
Get 1% cash back on eligible gas and automotive purchases plus 2% cash back rewards at the NASCAR Shop. NASCAR fans have exclusive access to discounts, experiences and deals from participating NASCAR merchants. You can even get a discounted membership with the Official NASCAR Members Club.
- $0 annual fees if you have excellent credit, and $39 otherwise
- Earn unlimited 1% cash back
- Cash back automatically credited to your account
- Use NASCAR Scanner to listen to all NASCAR Cup Series races and live team communication
- Get discounts of select race tickets, merchants, parking and more
- 3% foreign transaction fees
- High standard APR
- Zero fraud liability
- Access to American Express offers
- Retail protection coverage
- Free access to credit score
Important Card Details
Before deciding on a credit card, read the fine print to learn about annual fees, late fees, foreign transaction fees and APRs that come with applying for the card.
The Credit One Bank® NASCAR® American Express® Credit Card has a high variable APR of 28.99% for purchases and cash advances, but this may vary based on the market’s prime rate.
The annual fee for this card is $0–$39 depending on your creditworthiness. This is refundable only if you cancel your account and have no transactions.
Foreign transaction fees
Since the foreign transaction fee for this card is 3% of the total amount, you’ll pay $3 for every $100 spent outside the US. Or, you’ll need to pay $1 of each purchase in US dollars, whichever is greater.
Payments that are overdue could cost you $39.
Credit One Bank’s NASCAR® American Express® Card offers additional features that can enhance your experience while using the card and help you improve your financial wellness.
- Customize your financial experience: If you need to adjust your payment due date to accommodate other expenses like utilities, loans or mortgages, this card may be for you. Credit One Bank offers flexible payment due dates.
- Free online access to Experian: Cardholders who need to regularly track their credit report, want to know more about its important details and check their credit score can benefit from this feature.
- Mobile app: Individuals who are constantly on the go, travel frequently or live far from a bank will enjoy this feature. Instead of waiting in long lines at the bank or traveling to a bank, you can enjoy online access to manage your account and pay bills through Credit One Bank’s mobile app.
- Protection from unauthorized charges: If your card is ever lost or stolen, Credit One Bank offers zero fraud liability to protect you. The card also has EMV chip technology to combat counterfeiting.
How the Credit One Bank® NASCAR® American Express® Credit Card Compares To Other Cards
You can determine whether the Credit One Bank® NASCAR® American Express® Credit Card is right for you based on your budget and needs. The card has a high APR and foreign transaction fee. However, it offers unlimited cash back on your purchases. That said, a different card might offer better rewards with lower fees.
How the <cardname> Compares
Credit One Bank® NASCAR® American Express® Credit Card
- Cash Back Rewards Rate: Unlimited 1% cash back
- APR: 28.99% variable
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% per transaction
- Overall Customer Satisfaction: Ranks lowest among national card issuers
- Mini Verdict: Best for NASCAR fans who want a simple rewards program from their credit card
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Cash Back Rewards Rate: 3% for US gas stations and up to 6% for selected supermarkets
- APR: 0% for first year but 18.99% – 29.99% for the following years
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% per transaction
- Overall Customer Satisfaction: Ranks highest among national card issuers
- Mini Verdict: Best for individuals who cook at home and drive often
Frequently Asked Questions
- Credit One Bank. "Disclosures and Terms & Conditions for Credit One Bank's Credit Cards and Credit Protection Program." Accessed May 17, 2023.
- Credit One Bank. "Features and Benefits Offered by Credit One Bank." Accessed December 14, 2021.
- Credit One Bank. "Making Progress: How Often Does Your Credit Score Update?." Accessed December 14, 2021.
- Credit One Bank. "Official Credit Card of NASCAR." Accessed March 18, 2022.
- J.D. Power. "U.S. Credit Card Statistics." Accessed December 14, 2021.
- J.D. Power. "Customers Losing Faith in Credit Card Issuers as COVID-19 Pandemic Lingers, J.D. Power Finds." Accessed December 14, 2021.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.