NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank Review
NASCAR fans looking to build credit, get cash back and gain exclusive NASCAR Shop rewards should consider applying for the NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank. This card also offers discounted memberships at the Official NASCAR Members Club.
Credit One Bank’s NASCAR® American Express® Card best fits individuals who are NASCAR fans and want to redeem unlimited 1% cash back rewards. NASCAR fans can also use exclusive benefits like deals and discounts from NASCAR merchants along with double cash back for NASCAR Shop purchases. The card has an annual fee of $0–$39 based on creditworthiness but comes with a high variable APR of 23.99%.
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Cash Back Rewards
- Travel Rewards
NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank at a Glance
The NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank offers cash back rewards, free online access to your credit score and protection from unauthorized charges. NASCAR fans also benefit from exclusive discounts and deals.
- NASCAR® American Express® Card
A good cash back credit card for NASCAR fans with average to excellent credit
- FairCredit Needed
- $0–$99*Annual Fee
- 1% Cash BackRewards Rate
- 1xRewards Rate on Gas
- NoneRewards Rate on Groceries
Pros & Cons Explained
Comparing the Credit One Bank's NASCAR® American Express® Card’s pros and cons will help you determine if this is the right card for you.
- Cash back rewardsCardholders can redeem 1% cash back with the NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank. Rewards are unlimited.
- Exclusive deals for NASCAR fansNASCAR fans have exclusive access to discounts, experiences and deals from participating NASCAR merchants. You can even get a discounted membership with the Official NASCAR Members Club.
- No security deposit requiredOther banks require security deposits so that you can apply for a credit card. But, if you have no credit or poor credit, the NASCAR® American Express® Card allows you to rebuild your credit without one.
- Monitor Your CreditGet access to your Experian credit score to see how your score is improving or if it needs a boost.
- High APRIt’s best to fully pay your bill each month to avoid paying increased costs since this card has a high APR of 23.99%.
- High foreign transaction feesCardholders who use the NASCAR® American Express® Card outside of the U.S. will have to pay 3% in transaction fees.
- Late feesIf your payment is late more than once within six months, you might end up paying a $39 fee.
- Low customer satisfaction rankingAccording to J.D. Power’s Credit Card Satisfaction Study, Credit One Bank ranks last among national credit card issuers.
Bonuses & Rewards Explained
Get 1% cash back on eligible gas and automotive purchases plus 2% cash back rewards at the NASCAR Shop. NASCAR fans have exclusive access to discounts, experiences and deals from participating NASCAR merchants. You can even get a discounted membership with the Official NASCAR Members Club.
Cash back rewards
Eligible purchases from participating merchants for your cash back and exclusive NASCAR deals.
Auto rewards redemption
Qualified purchases are automatically credited to your account.
Cardholders can access exclusive NASCAR discounts for tickets, merchants, parking and other race experiences.
Free Scanner access
You can access Scanner for free on your desktop or mobile device throughout the 2022 race season.
Other Features Explained
Credit One Bank’s NASCAR® American Express® Card offers additional features that can enhance your experience while using the card and help you improve your financial wellness.
- Card FeatureDescription
- Customize your financial experienceIf you need to adjust your payment due date to accommodate other expenses like utilities, loans or mortgages, this card may be for you. Credit One Bank offers flexible payment due dates.
- Free online access to ExperianCardholders who need to regularly track their credit report, want to know more about its important details and check their credit score can benefit from this feature.
- Mobile appIndividuals who are constantly on the go, travel frequently or live far from a bank will enjoy this feature. Instead of waiting in long lines at the bank or traveling to a bank, you can enjoy online access to manage your account and pay bills through Credit One Bank’s mobile app.
To maximize your 1% cash back rewards, use your NASCAR® American Express® Card for gas and automotive purchases at participating gas stations and auto supply stores. You can also get your double cash back for purchases at the NASCAR Shop at NASCAR.com.
Understanding the Fine Print
Before deciding on a credit card, read the fine print to learn about annual fees, late fees, foreign transaction fees and APRs that come with applying for the card.
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- APR17.99% to 23.99%
- Annual Fee$0–$99*
- Cash Back Rewards
- Rewards Rate1% Cash Back
- Airline Benefits
The NASCAR® American Express® Card has a high variable APR of 23.99% for purchases and cash advances, but this may vary based on the market’s prime rate.
The annual fee for this card is $0–$39 depending on your creditworthiness. This is refundable only if you cancel your account and have no transactions.
Foreign transaction fees
Since the foreign transaction fee for this card is 3% of the total amount, you’ll pay $3 for every $100 spent outside the US. Or, you’ll need to pay $1 of each purchase in US dollars, whichever is greater.
Payments that are overdue could cost you $39.
Determine how the NASCAR® American Express® Card stacks against other gas credit cards for annual fees, APR and other benefits. Learn more about reviews, features and if you qualify for the NASCAR® American Express® Card on Credit One Bank’s website. You can also find additional information on the credit card agreement database managed by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank?
Other Considerations for NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank
There are certain implications in terms of whether you have the NASCAR® American Express® Card as your only credit card or an additional credit card. Here’s what you should keep in mind.
Things to Consider if This Will Be Your First or Only Credit Card
The NASCAR® American Express® Card has a high APR of 23.99%, which means that you’ll pay more if you don’t pay your bill in full each month. However, this card will benefit you if you can pay your balance on time and want to get 1% cash back with gas and automotive purchases.
Keep in mind that this card requires average to excellent credit, which you may not have if this is your first card. As a result, you may want to build your credit score before applying.
Things to Consider if This Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
Since this card has high foreign transaction fees with a 3% charge per transaction, consider other cards in your wallet for purchases abroad.
Also, consider your credit score prior to applying. Your creditworthiness will impact if you have to pay a fee for this card. If your credit score isn’t excellent, take the time to consider whether the $39 per year fee is worth adding the card to your wallet based on the benefits the card offers.
When MoneyGeek reviews credit cards, we thoroughly examine each card using our six-step process. MoneyGeek also reevaluates credit card rankings monthly, has standardized scoring for comparing data, establishes three-year values of each card and estimates average spending profiles for consumers.
How NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank Compares to Other Cards
You can determine whether the NASCAR® American Express® Card is right for you based on your budget and needs. The card has a high APR and foreign transaction fee. However, it offers unlimited cash back on your purchases. That said, a different card might offer better rewards with lower fees.
Quick Comparison of NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank
NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank
- Cash Back Rewards Rate: Unlimited 1% cash back
- APR: 23.99%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% per transaction
- Overall Customer Satisfaction: Ranks lowest among national card issuers
- Mini Verdict: Best for NASCAR fans who want a simple rewards program from their credit card
American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card
- Cash Back Rewards Rate: 3% for US gas stations and up to 6% for selected supermarkets
- APR: 0% for first year but 13.99-23.99% for the following years
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% per transaction
- Overall Customer Satisfaction: Ranks highest among national card issuers
- Mini Verdict: Best for individuals who cook at home and drive often
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
Below are answers to frequently asked questions about the NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank to help you decide if it’s the right card for your wallet.
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
Capital One Quicksilver Rewards
American Express Marriott Bonvoy Business Card
Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card
Capital One Quicksilver Student Rewards
American Express Delta SkyMiles Gold Card
Bank of America Premium Rewards Card
Chase Ink Business Preferred
PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card
Mastercard Titanium Card
Disney Premier Visa Card
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
Chase Sapphire Reserve
Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold
American Express Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business Card
Chase British Airways Visa Signature
U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card
American Express Delta SkyMiles Platinum Card
Credit One Bank Platinum Rewards Visa
Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business
American Express Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business Card
Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus
Navy Federal Visa cashRewards Card
American Express Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card
Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier
Capital One Spark Miles
Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards Visa
Capital One Spark Cash Select
American Express Gold Card
Credit One Bank Platinum Visa
Capital One Spark Cash Select - Good Credit
Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business
Disney Visa Card
Mastercard Black Card
Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card
American Express Hilton Honors Surpass Card
Credit One Bank Platinum Visa for Rebuilding Credit
American Express Hilton Honors Business Card
Capital One Platinum Secured Card
Chase United Business
American Express Hilton Honors Card
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
Capital One QuicksilverOne Rewards
Chase United Club Infinite
Indigo Platinum Mastercard
USAA Rate Advantage Visa Platinum Card
American Express Plum Card
Wells Fargo Active Cash Card
Chase United Explorer
American Express The Platinum Card
Wells Fargo Reflect Card
NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank
Bank of America BankAmericard
Indigo Unsecured Mastercard
U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa Business Card
Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
Chase World of Hyatt
Bank of America BankAmericard for Students
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card
Bank of America Travel Rewards for Students
Bank of America Business Advantage Travel Rewards
Chase Slate Edge
Chime Credit Builder Secured Visa Credit Card
Bank of America Cash Rewards for Students
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express
Mastercard Gold Card
Citi CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard
American Express Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card
Discover it Student Cash Back Credit Card
Capital One Journey Student Rewards
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature Flagship Rewards
Capital One Platinum Credit Card
Citi Costco Anywhere Visa Business Card
Discover it Chrome Credit Card
Merrick Bank Double Your Line Secured Visa
Capital One SavorOne Rewards
Merrick Bank Secured Visa
PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature
Deserve EDU Mastercard for Students
Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card
Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Credit Card
Capital One SavorOne Rewards for Students
Chase Freedom Student
Capital One Venture
Capital One VentureOne Rewards
Citi Secured Mastercard
American Express Blue Business Plus Credit Card
Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase IHG Rewards Club Traveler
Discover it Miles
United Quest Card
PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature
Capital One Venture X
American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card
American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card
Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard
American Express Business Gold Card
American Express Blue Business® Cash Card
Destiny Unsecured Mastercard
American Express Business Platinum Card
Capital One Spark Miles Select
U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature
American Express Cash Magnet Card
Citi Premier Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase United Gateway
U.S. Bank Visa Platinum
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
Chase Iberia Visa Signature
Learn more about credit cards in general
- Credit One Bank. "Disclosures and Terms & Conditions for Credit One Bank's Credit Cards and Credit Protection Program." Accessed December 14, 2021.
- Credit One Bank. "Features and Benefits Offered by Credit One Bank." Accessed December 14, 2021.
- Credit One Bank. "Making Progress: How Often Does Your Credit Score Update?." Accessed December 14, 2021.
- Credit One Bank. "Official Credit Card of NASCAR." Accessed March 18, 2022.
- J.D. Power. "U.S. Credit Card Statistics." Accessed December 14, 2021.
- J.D. Power. "Customers Losing Faith in Credit Card Issuers as COVID-19 Pandemic Lingers, J.D. Power Finds." Accessed December 14, 2021.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.