The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®
Best cash back card for those with fair credit
- 1% Cash BackRewards Rate
- 28.99% VariableAPR
- $39Annual Fee
- Fair–ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek follows a six-step process that involves collecting credit card information, standardizing data points, potential cardholder profiles, considering annual and introductory bonuses, establishing the card values and reviewing data monthly to reprocess rankings.
The Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards card may be a good option for you if you’re looking to earn high cash back rewards while rebuilding your credit. With this card, you have a good chance of rebuilding your credit while earning 5% cash back on eligible gas, grocery, internet, cable, satellite TV and mobile phone purchases up to $5,000 every year and a 1% cash back on other purchases.
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® Overview
Understanding the bonuses and rewards structure of the Credit One Bank Platinum Visa card will help you earn maximum cash back rewards on your purchases.
- Credit One offers several iterations of its Platinum Visa card. You’ll find out which version you qualify for during the prequalifying process, which doesn’t negatively affect your credit.
- The Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® earns 1% unlimited cash back on eligible gas, grocery, mobile phone, internet, cable and satellite TV service purchases.
Important Card Details
Learning about the fine print of this card will help you understand the various fees and charges like regular APR, annual fee, cash advance fee and foreign transaction fee that are associated with it.
This card has a variable regular APR of 28.99%, which is high compared to the average APR of 12.99%. At this APR, you would accrue a lot of interest on your balance if you don’t make your monthly payments on time.
The annual fee of this card is $39, which is quite high for a rewards card with limited benefits.
Cash Advance Fee
This cash advance fee of this card is $10 or 5% of the amount. If you take out a cash advance of $1,000, you’ll pay a $50 fee.
Foreign Transaction Fee
For every $100 you spend abroad, you’ll pay a $3 fee since the foreign transaction fee of this card is 3% of the total amount or $1, whichever is greater.
The Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® card also offers many other features which can benefit users.
- Zero fraud liability: If your card is stolen or lost and any unauthorized transaction is processed, it will be protected by zero liability.
- Flexible due date: You can pick any date six days before or after your due date to pay your pending balance.
- No penalty APR: This card does not have a penalty APR, which means you won’t get charged a hefty amount at a high APR if you miss your payments.
- Optional credit protection: In case of involuntary disability or unemployment, this card offers you optional credit protection. It can waive off your minimum payments up to six months on paying $0.96 per $100 on your standing balance.
- Custom Notifications: You can set up fraud alerts and choose to get notified by text, push notifications and email.
How the Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® Compares To Other Cards
The Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® card is a good option for people with fair credit scores. However, other cards available in the same category have little to no annual fee and offer a much better cash back rewards rate.
In-Depth Credit Card Comparisons:
How the Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® Compares
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®
- Annual Fee: $39
- Purchase APR: 28.99% variable
- International transactions fee: 3%
- Cash back rate: 5% for bonus category purchases and 1% for other purchases.
- Best For: People with fair credit looking to rebuild their credit score while earning decent rewards.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 19.99% – 29.99% variable
- International transactions fee: $0
- Cash back rate: 1.5%
- Best For: International travelers and people looking for straightforward cash back reward rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.