The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
One of the best cards available for Costco members who spend a lot on gas.
- 1–4% Cash Back*Rewards Rate
- 20.49% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek’s methodology and review process helps us determine the best credit cards for different consumer profiles based on card fees, interest rates, rewards, benefits and more. We use a comprehensive six-step process that involves collecting credit card information, standardizing data point weights, establishing the card’s value and ranks for different categories, reviewing data monthly and reprocess rankings among other key rating factors.
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi offers great value for Costo shoppers looking for a card with hefty rewards and no annual fees. This card comes with a generous 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter. The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi is also one of the most travel-friendly rewards cards in the market. It has no foreign transaction fee and a generous 3% reward rate for travel and dining expenses.
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi Overview
Before you apply for the Citi Anywhere Visa Card, it’s important to understand how the rewards work. Here’s what you need to know.
- Earn 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
- Earn 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- Earn 2% cash back on Costco and Costco.com purchases
- Get purchase protection on all your purchases
- Get cash back as an annual credit card reward certificate redeemable for cash or merchandise at any U.S. Costco warehouse
Important Card Details
The Citi Costco Anywhere Visa Card does not have an annual fee, but there are other standard charges you need to be aware of before signing up.
Cash Back Reward Rate
The rewards rate for this card varies depending on the spending category, with gas earning 4% cashback, travel and restaurant purchases earning 3%, Costco purchases earning 1% and all other purchases earning 1% cash back. It is important to note that the cash back rewards for gas purchases are limited to a maximum of $7,000 per year.
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi has a variable APR of 20.24%. Since this credit card does not have an introductory APR offer, the regular APR applies to all purchases and balance transfers from the time of signing up.
When you make a late payment or your payment is returned, the penalty APR applied will be 29.99%, variable based on your creditworthiness. To avoid this penalty APR which may be applied to your account indefinitely, it is important to make payment before your due date, which is 23 days after your billing cycle.
Balance transfers on this card attract a fee of $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. For cash advances, the transaction fee is $10 or 5% of the amount, whichever is greater. There are no transaction fees for foreign transactions.
This card has no annual fee for Costco members.
Beyond the rewards, the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi offers additional features that can benefit cardholders.
- Purchase protection: The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi gives you access to purchase protection, which covers you for the loss or damage to your purchases.
- Citi Entertainment: You will get access to Citi Entertainment, which gives you special access to event tickets, concerts and more.
- Customer service: Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi cardholders have the option to manage and transact online using the Citi mobile app or website. Cardholders also get access to 24/7 customer service.
- Security features: Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi security features include notifications by email or text in case of suspicious activity. This card also comes with chip technology, which helps to minimize the risk of fraudulent transactions.
How the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi Compares To Other Cards
For loyal Costco members, the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi is hard to beat for value and rewards earning potential. However, it’s still wise to compare it to other cards to make sure you add the best card for you to your wallet.
How the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi Compares
Citi Costco Anywhere Visa card
- Annual fee: None
- Purchase APR: 20.24% Variable
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Rewards rate: 4% cash back on gas, up to the first $7,000 in purchases, then 1%, 3% cash back for travel and dining, 2% cash back at Costco stores, 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Redemption options: Limited to once a year at Costco Warehouses
- Mini Verdict: Best for Costco members who spend a lot on gas, travel and dining.
Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Annual fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 20.24% – 28.99% Variable
- Foreign transaction fee: 3%
- Rewards rate: 5% cash back on eligible purchases in rotating categories, once activated up to $1500, 5% on travel purchases through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, 1% on all other purchases
- Redemption options: Multiple redemption options with no time restrictions.
- Mini Verdict: Best for people looking for a flexible and lucrative rewards credit card for everyday purchases and travel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.