The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Disney® Visa® Card
A good no-annual-fee rewards card for people who make Disney purchases.
- NoneRewards Rate
- 15.50% – 23.50% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek gathered information from approximately 2,500 credit cards listed in the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau's credit card agreement database. Our methodology includes analyzing data points, average spend profiles and card bonuses and reviewing as well as re-ranking data regularly.
The Disney® Visa® Card gives you access to savings on Disney vacations, parks and other locations. Members even get a discount for Disney merchandise when they use the card to make purchases. However, the earning rate for this card can be a little low compared to other rewards cards. Our Disney® Visa® Card review will evaluate the important features and fees associated with this card so you can decide if it’s right for you.
Disney® Visa® Card Overview
The Disney® Visa® Card offers various rewards and bonuses. Here are the details about what the card offers in terms of perks.
- No annual fees
- 10 card designs from which to choose
- Get a $150 statement credit if you spend $500 on purchases in the first three months
- Intro 0% APR on select Disney vacation packages for the first six months
- Get 1% in Disney Rewards Dollars on all purchases
- Redeem Rewards Dollars for theme park tickets, resort stays, shopping and movies at most Disney locations
- 10% off select merchandise at select Disneyland locations, Walt Disney World Resorts and on board Disney Cruise Line ships
- 10% off select purchases at shopDisney.com
- 10% off at select dining locations on most days at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
- 15% off select guided tours at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
- Purchase protection
- Extended warranty protection
- Baggage delay insurance
- 3% foreign transaction fees
Important Card Details
The rewards and Disney perks that are included in this card may come with no annual fee, but there are other charges that you might incur. These include a late fee, a return fee, a penalty APR, foreign transaction fees and a high APR.
The regular APR depends on your creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. For this card, the APR range is 19.24% – 28.24% .
The penalty APR applies when you miss a due date or when your payment gets returned unpaid. To avoid this, you need to pay the minimum amount due on your card on time. The penalty APR for the Disney Visa card from Chase is up to 29.99% and can remain in your account indefinitely.
Late Fee and Return Fee
If you don’t pay your bill on time, the issuer charges a late fee. If you make a payment but it bounces (i.e., a check payment with insufficient funds), the issuer charges a return fee. This card charges a late fee and a return fee of $40.
Foreign Transaction Fee
Using your Disney Visa card from Chase overseas will cost 3% more for each of your purchases.
1% Disney Rewards
You’ll earn 1% in Disney Rewards for every dollar you spend using the card.
The Disney® Visa® Card gives you access to limited-time offers and special opportunities at Disney parks. It also includes promo rates on Disney Vacation packages.
- 0% promo APR for Disney vacation packages: Cardholders can access 0% APR for six months after purchasing a Disney vacation package or real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort. After six months, the APR will go back to the regular rate of 19.24% – 28.24%
- Cardmembers limited offers: Sometimes, Disney offers limited promos that are exclusive to cardholders. These promos can include discounts, freebies and exclusive passes to their events.
- Special photo opportunities at Disney parks: During certain hours, cardholders can access special photo opportunities at the Disney California Adventure Park, Star Wars at Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Walt Disney World Resort. Every cardholder can give entry to these opportunities for six people. The access can only be used once per day.
How the Disney® Visa® Card Compares To Other Cards
How the Disney® Visa® Card Compares
Disney® Visa® Card
- Annual fee: None
- Welcome bonus: $150 statement credit after spending $500 within three months of owning this card
- Rewards rate: 1% Disney Reward Dollars on all purchases
- Airline travel: You cannot redeem Disney Reward Dollars on airline travel
- Best for: People who would like to earn and redeem rewards from Disney locations without paying an annual fee
Disney® Premier Visa® Card
- Annual fee: $49
- Welcome bonus: $300 statement credit after spending $1,000 within three months of owning this card
- Rewards rate: 2% Disney Reward Dollars on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations; 1% Disney Reward Dollars on all other purchases
- Airline travel: You can redeem Disney Reward Dollars to get a statement credit on airline travel
- Best for: People who don’t mind paying an annual fee for better rewards
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.