Disney® Visa® Card from Chase Review
The Disney Visa card from Chase is an excellent option for anyone who is looking for a Disney rewards card. It has no annual fee and includes access to exclusive rewards, events and photo opportunities at Disney locations.
The Disney Visa card from Chase gives you access to savings on Disney vacations, parks and other locations. Members even get a discount for Disney merchandise when they use the card to make purchases. However, the earning rate for this card can be a little low compared to other rewards cards. Our Disney Visa card from Chase review will evaluate the important features and fees associated with this card so you can decide if it’s right for you.
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Has Rewarding Welcome Offer
- Credit NeededExcellent
Disney® Visa® Card from Chase at a Glance
The Disney Visa card from Chase doesn’t have an annual fee, although it comes with a high maximum APR and penalty fees. Nevertheless, as long as you pay your bills on time, you can enjoy the Disney perks at a low cost.
- Disney Visa card from Chase
A good no-annual-fee rewards card for people who make Disney purchases
- ExcellentCredit Needed
- None at this timeAPR Offer
- None at this timeAPR Offer Duration
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfersBalance Transfer Offer
Pros & Cons Explained
The Disney Visa card from Chase gives you access to exclusive locations and limited promos. With this card, you can enjoy additional Disney perks without an annual membership fee. However, you will want to be aware of the downsides of the card before you apply.
- Savings and Discounts at DisneyDisney Cards come with a 10% discount for the Disney Cruise Line, selected locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World as well as shopDisney.com. Cardholders also get a six-month 0% promo APR for Disney vacation packages.
- Access to private locations and exclusive limited promosCardholders can access special photo opportunities with their favorite Disney characters in exclusive locations at the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. They also benefit from limited-time promos for discounts, products and offers.
- No annual feeThe Disney Visa card from Chase has a $0 annual fee. It’s a more accessible option for people who want to earn rewards for their love of Disney.
- Low reward earningsCardholders can only earn 1% Disney Rewards Dollars for all their qualifying purchases. While there are no limits to how much you can earn, it might be difficult to receive substantial Disney Rewards Dollars at this rate. There are also no other reward rates for selected transactions, like gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants.
- Charges fees on foreign transactionsThis card has a 3% foreign transaction fee for every transaction. Traveling and visiting Disney locations around the world while using this card could cost extra money.
The Disney Visa card from Chase didn’t make our list of the best rewards cards. To learn more about MoneyGeek’s top picks for rewards cards, check out our list of the best rewards cards of 2022.
Bonuses & Rewards Explained
The Disney Visa card from Chase offers various rewards and bonuses. Here are the details about what the card offers in terms of perks.
$150 welcome bonus
Cardholders can receive a $150 statement credit when they spend $500 during their first three months of card ownership. This bonus is not available for current cardholders or those who have received a welcome bonus in the last 24 months.
1% Disney Rewards Dollars for every purchase
One Disney Reward Dollar is equivalent to $1. With a Disney Visa card from Chase, you can earn 1% Disney Reward Dollars on all your purchases using this card. Your purchases don’t have to be from Disney establishments, but reward redemptions are primarily at Disney locations and amenities.
10% discount on merchandise purchases
A 10% discount is applied on all purchases at shopDisney.com and pay using your Disney Visa card from Chase.
Other Features Explained
The Disney Visa card from Chase gives you access to limited-time offers and special opportunities at Disney parks. It also includes promo rates on Disney Vacation packages.
- Card FeatureDescription
- 0% promo APR for Disney vacation packagesCardholders can access 0% APR for six months after purchasing a Disney vacation package or real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort. After six months, the APR will go back to the regular rate of 13.99% to 22.99%.
- Cardmembers limited offersSometimes, Disney offers limited promos that are exclusive to cardholders. These promos can include discounts, freebies and exclusive passes to their events.
- Special photo opportunities at Disney parksDuring certain hours, cardholders can access special photo opportunities at the Disney California Adventure Park, Star Wars at Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Walt Disney World Resort. Every cardholder can give entry to these opportunities for six people. The access can only be used once per day.
Disney Rewards Dollars expire after five years of getting posted to your account. To ensure you don’t lose your points, load them onto a Disney Rewards Redemption Card. Make sure not to lose this card, though, because anyone who has a redemption card can use it unless you report that yours is missing.
Understanding the Fine Print
The rewards and Disney perks that are included in this card may come with no annual fee, but there are other charges that you might incur. These include a late fee, a return fee, a penalty APR, foreign transaction fees and a high APR.
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- Annual Fee$0
- Balance Transfer Fee3%
- Balance Transfer APR8.25%
- Late Fees$35.00
The regular APR depends on your creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. For this card, the APR range is 14.24% to 23.24%.
The penalty APR applies when you miss a due date or when your payment gets returned unpaid. To avoid this, you need to pay the minimum amount due on your card on time. The penalty APR for the Disney Visa card from Chase is up to 29.99% and can remain in your account indefinitely.
Late Fee and Return Fee
If you don’t pay your bill on time, the issuer charges a late fee. If you make a payment but it bounces (i.e., a check payment with insufficient funds), the issuer charges a return fee. This card charges a late fee and a return fee of $40.
Foreign Transaction Fee
Using your Disney Visa card from Chase overseas will cost 3% more for each of your purchases.
1% Disney Rewards
You’ll earn 1% in Disney Rewards for every dollar you spend using the card.
Information about some credit cards may not be present in MoneyGeek’s resources. However, you can find this information in many places. For example, you can check your latest billing statement, official websites of issuers, your credit card agreement, terms and conditions and other sources.
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider Disney® Visa® Card from Chase?
Other Considerations for Disney® Visa® Card from Chase
It’s important to consider a variety of factors before applying for a credit card. There are many things to evaluate whether this card will be your first, only or an additional card in your wallet.
Things to Consider if This Will Be Your First or Only Credit Card
The credit requirement for a Disney Visa card from Chase is high for someone without an established credit history. You will need a credit score of at least 670 to qualify for this card.
If this is your only credit card, take note that rewards redemption is exclusive to Disney locations and merchandise. Additionally, the earning rate for this card is not the most generous when compared to other rewards cards. Unless Disney trips are regularly in your schedule, using the Disney Visa card from Chase as your only card may not be the best choice.
Things to Consider if This Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
There could be better rewards cards to add to your wallet, but the Disney Visa card from Chase’s advantage is its exclusive Disney perks with no annual fee. If you’re planning to add this card to your wallet, you don’t have to worry about additional expenses every year.
Having this card can be pricey if you don’t pay in full every month. This card has a late fee and a return payment of $40 as well as a penalty APR of up to 29.99%. The penalty APR will start if you don’t pay the minimum monthly payment on time or if the payment will return unpaid. There is no set period for the duration of the penalty APR.
MoneyGeek gathered information from approximately 2,500 credit cards listed in the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau's credit card agreement database. Our methodology includes analyzing data points, average spend profiles and card bonuses and reviewing as well as re-ranking data regularly.
How Disney® Visa® Card from Chase Compares to Other Cards
Quick Comparison of Disney Visa card from Chase
Disney Visa card from Chase
- Annual fee: None
- Welcome bonus: $150 statement credit after spending $500 within three months of owning this card
- Rewards rate: 1% Disney Reward Dollars on all purchases
- Airline travel: You cannot redeem Disney Reward Dollars on airline travel
- Best for: People who would like to earn and redeem rewards from Disney locations without paying an annual fee
Disney® Premier Visa® Card
- Annual fee: $49
- Welcome bonus: $300 statement credit after spending $1,000 within three months of owning this card
- Rewards rate: 2% Disney Reward Dollars on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations; 1% Disney Reward Dollars on all other purchases
- Airline travel: You can redeem Disney Reward Dollars to get a statement credit on airline travel
- Best for: People who don’t mind paying an annual fee for better rewards
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
MoneyGeek’s Disney Visa card from Chase review aims to provide you with the right information and answer your questions to help you decide if this card is the best card for you. Below are the frequently asked questions about the Disney Visa card from Chase.
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
The Disney Visa card from Chase lets you access exclusive Disney perks without a membership fee. If you think this card is not the right fit for you, exploring and comparing other rewards cards, travel cards or even cash back cards can help you find the best card for you.
Citi Custom Cash℠ Card
Capital One Spark Cash Select - $500 Cash Bonus
Capital One Spark Cash Select - $500 Cash Bonus - Good Credit
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
Amazon Business Card
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
Discover it® chrome Credit Card
American Express® Gold Card
IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card
Capital One Spark Miles for Business Select
West Elm Key Rewards Credit Card
Citi® Secured Mastercard®
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card
Citi Simplicity® Card
Mastercard® Black Card™
Aer Lingus Visa Signature®
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card
Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
OpenSky® Secured Visa® Credit Card
Iberia Visa Signature® Card
Simmons Rewards Visa Signature®
Discover it® Secured Credit Card
Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit
Discover it® Student Cash Back Credit Card
Discover it® Student chrome
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card
Chase Freedom Unlimited
NHL® Discover it®
Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card
First Access Solid Black Visa® Credit Card
Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Bank of America® Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business
BankAmericard® credit card
Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card
OakStone Gold Secured Mastercard®
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
Alliant Visa® Platinum Rewards Credit Card
Milestone® Unsecured Mastercard®
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card
American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card
Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard® Secured Credit Card
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Secured Card
Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card
Capital One Platinum Credit Card
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Merrick Bank Double Your Line® Secured Credit Card
Bank of America® Platinum Plus® Mastercard® Business card
Milestone® Gold Mastercard®
Deserve® EDU Mastercard for Students
Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card for Students
Disney® Visa® Card from Chase
Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards
U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card
BankAmericard® Secured Credit Card
Navy Federal Visa cashRewards Card
Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi
USAA® Rewards™ American Express® Card
Mastercard® Gold Card™
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card Business
Chase Slate Edge℠
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card
NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One Bank
Citi® Double Cash Card
Capital One Walmart Rewards® Mastercard®
World of Hyatt Credit Card
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
BankAmericard for Students
Wells Fargo Reflect® Card
IHG® Rewards Traveler Credit Card
United℠ Business Card
United Club℠ Infinite Card
United Explorer Card
Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
Chase Freedom Flex℠
United Gateway Card
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card
Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card
Credit One Bank® Platinum X5 Visa®
United Quest℠ Card
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card
Indigo® Platinum Mastercard®
USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card
USAA® Cashback Rewards Plus American Express® Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
USAA® Rate Advantage Visa Platinum® Card
Mastercard® Titanium Card™
Citi Premier® Card
Chase Sapphire Reserve Card
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card
Journey Student Rewards from Capital One
USAA® Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card
Citi Rewards+® Card
Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Credit Card for Students
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
Disney® Premier Visa® Card
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Card for Students
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card
Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card
Discover it® Miles
Alliant Visa Signature Card
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card
British Airways Visa Signature® Card
Hilton Honors American Express Card
The Platinum Card® from American Express
Fit Mastercard® Credit Card
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®
Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card
Learn more about credit cards in general
- Chase. "Pricing and Terms." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Chase. "Frequently Asked Questions." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "General Questions about Disney Rewards." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "Questions about Applying for the Disney® Visa® Card." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "Questions about Cardmember Perks." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "Questions about Earning Disney Rewards Dollars." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "Questions about your Disney® Visa® Card?." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "Redeeming Disney Rewards Dollars FAQs." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney Rewards. "Compare Disney Credit Cards." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- J.D. Power. "While Many U.S. Credit Card Issuers Struggle to Meet Evolving Customer Expectations, Some Bright Spots Exist, J.D. Power Finds." Accessed April 13, 2022.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.