Disney Premier Visa Card Review
The Disney Premier Visa Card is for fans of Disney who want to take advantage of incentives relating to its attractions and merchandise. Instead of cash back, the Disney Premier Visa Card rewards Disney Reward Dollars, which can only be spent at Disney-themed locations.
The Disney Premier Visa Card benefits include earning Disney Rewards Dollars rather than cash back. Disney Rewards Dollars can be used to buy almost anything at most Disney stores as well as airline statement credits. Despite the fact that you can earn bonus points for a variety of purchases, the Disney Premier Visa benefits and rewards redemption possibilities are somewhat limited. Though it can help you save money on your Disney vacation, it has some restrictions that may only make it worth it for committed Disney fans.
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Has Rewarding Welcome Offer
- Credit NeededExcellent
Disney Premier Visa Card at a Glance
While the Disney Premier Visa Card benefits include fan bonuses, financing a Disney trip with a regular cash back or travel card might be a better option. However, this card comes with a signup bonus that is fairly easy to earn and rivals bonuses offered by other cards if you’re a Disney fan.
- Disney Premier Visa Card
A great rewards card to make the most of your Disney purchases
- ExcellentCredit Needed
- None at this timeAPR Offer
- None at this timeAPR Offer Duration
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfersBalance Transfer Offer
Pros & Cons Explained
This card’s rewards and perks are designed to help you save money if you shop for Disney products online, visit theme parks or book a Disney holiday package. Learn more about the pros and cons to see if the Disney Premier Visa Card is the right card for you.
- Special vacation financingSelect Disney vacation packages are eligible for special financing with the Disney Premier Visa Card. Starting on the day of purchase, there is a 0% APR for six months. This gives cardholders enough time to pay off their Disney vacation in a reasonable amount of time.
- Easy-to-earn signup bonusThe signup bonus is simple to obtain, and bonus incentives can be earned for a wide range of transactions beyond purchases at Disney parks.
- Decent savingsThis Disney Premier Visa Card benefit can save you 10% on some purchases made at the Disney store and shopDisney.com. Additionally, at Disneyland and Walt Disney World, you can save 10% on certain items.
- Annual feeThe Disney Premier Visa Card charges a $49 annual fee for each year you are a cardholder.
- No promotional APRUnless you only use the card to pay for a qualifying Disney vacation package, there is no 0% promotional APR for most purchases. This means that you'll have to start paying interest right away if you don't pay your balance in full.
- Foreign transaction feeA 3% foreign transaction fee applies to this card. As a result, if you use your Disney Premier Visa Card at Disney-themed destinations in other countries or for any purchases made outside of the United States, you will pay extra for your purchase.
MoneyGeek uses statistical analysis of every card in our database once a month and chooses our top suggestions for popular card categories. However, the Disney Premier Visa Card doesn’t make our list of the top rewards cards in 2022. To see other options, check out our rankings of the best rewards cards.
Bonuses & Rewards Explained
The Disney Premier Visa Card offers a $300 statement credit once you spend $1,000 on purchases during the first three months of having your card. This will make up for the card's $49 annual charge for the first year. Additionally, customers who want to maximize the Disney Premier Visa Card benefits can take advantage of the following bonuses and rewards.
After you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first three months of opening your account, you will receive a $300 statement credit. To be eligible for this bonus, you must not currently have the Disney Premier Visa card or have gotten a new cardmember bonus on this card in the last 24 months.
At gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations, the Disney Premier Visa card gets you 2% back in Disney Rewards Dollars. On all other purchases, it earns 1% cash back.
The redemption process for Disney Rewards Dollars is a little complicated. You can order a Disney Disney Rewards Redemption Card once you have at least 20 Disney Rewards Dollars.
Other Features Explained
Beyond the perks and bonuses, the Disney Premier Visa Card offers additional features that make the card worth considering as an option for your wallet. Here are some of its top features.
- Card FeatureDescription
- Security featuresThe majority of this card's security measures are tied to Visa's offerings. You can request a replacement card from Visa and get an emergency card within three business days.
- Customer supportCardholders can contact customer care at 1-800-300-8575 if they have any questions about their Disney Premier Visa Card application, Disney Rewards Redemption Card or card-related concerns.
- Mobile banking app optionCustomers can use the Chase mobile banking app for iOS and Android since the Disney Premier Visa Card is linked to Chase.
With the Disney Premier Visa Card, it's possible to earn Disney Rewards Dollars faster by using the card for regular purchases like groceries, gas and restaurants. This can be a great way to maximize your rewards and earn perks more efficiently.
Understanding the Fine Print
Before you apply for any credit card, it’s important to understand the fine print to ensure you aren’t caught off-guard by fees or charges. Here are the details you need to know about the Disney Premier Visa Card before applying.
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- Annual Fee$0
- Balance Transfer Fee3%
- Balance Transfer APR8.25%
- Late Fees$35.00
The $49 annual fee for the Disney Premier Visa Card is geared toward consumers who adore all things Disney and want privileges linked to Disney destinations and goods.
From the date of purchase, cardmembers receive a 0% promo APR for six months on select Disney vacation packages. Then, a variable APR of 14.24%–23.24% applies.
Foreign Transaction Fee
Fees for foreign transactions using a Disney Premier Visa Card are 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars.
Depending on your purchases, you can earn anywhere from 1% to 2% rewards on your purchases.
Pay particular attention to the APR and any related fees when comparing this card to other credit cards. You can compare it to a card you already have by looking at your most recent payment statement or visiting your card provider's website or app. You can also review information about credit card agreements on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's (CFPB) database.
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider Disney Premier Visa Card?
Other Considerations for Disney Premier Visa Card
The Disney Premier Visa Card can be valuable if you frequently visit or shop at Disney and would benefit from special privileges, including discounts on Disney items. Consider whether you'd like to use the Disney Premier Visa Card as your primary or secondary credit card to determine if it’s the right addition to your wallet.
Things to Consider if This Will Be Your First or Only Credit Card
If you will be using the Disney Premier Visa Card as your first or only credit card, you must consider the Disney-only redemption options, a $49 annual charge and a 3% foreign transaction fee. This means that you must ensure yourself that you’re satisfied with these key features and terms before deciding whether or not this card is a good fit for you.
Additionally, for customers who use their credit cards regularly, the sign-up bonus offered by this card is valuable and easy to obtain. Furthermore, unlike the card's regular rewards, the sign-up bonus is given as a credit on your monthly bill, so you don't have to do anything to redeem it.
Things to Consider if This Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
If the Disney Premier Visa Card will be an additional card in your wallet, it’s important to make sure you use it in a way that complements other cards in your wallet.
For example, if you have a different rewards card that doesn’t charge a foreign transaction fee and you’re traveling internationally, you should use that card for making international purchases.
However, if you’re planning on going to a Disney location, using this card is a great option because you can get additional rewards that your other credit cards might not offer. By making sure you use this card in situations where you’ll get more rewards than if you were to use your other cards, you can maximize the benefits effectively.
MoneyGeek's methodology and review process are based on a comprehensive, multi-step strategy for data gathering, analysis and ratings in order to obtain accurate data from a wide variety of credit card categories. Our approach includes an approximation of a card's three-year value and a regular re-ranking procedure after an in-depth analysis of average spending habits and other incentives offered by different credit card providers.
How Disney Premier Visa Card Compares to Other Cards
The Disney Premier Visa Card offers excellent benefits for people who love Disney. However, to determine if it’s actually the best rewards card for you, comparing it to another card will enable you to make a more informed decision.
Quick Comparison of Disney Premier Visa Card
Disney Premier Visa Card
- Annual fee: $49
- Regular APR: 13.99%–22.99% (Variable)
- Rewards rate: 1%–2%
- Welcome offer: $300 statement credit
- Best for: Disney fans who want a card with a great welcome bonus that gives them access to Disney-related perks by using the card for purchases across a wide range of categories
Chase Freedom Flex Credit Card
- Annual fee: $0
- Regular APR: 14.99%–23.74% (Variable)
- Rewards rate: 1%–5%
- Welcome offer: $200 bonus
- Best for: Those who are looking for a no-annual-fee package and the capacity to handle almost all of their credit card spendings without charging an outrageous amount.
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
Before applying for any credit card, it’s important to have a full understanding of if it will meet your needs. Some frequently asked questions concerning the Disney Premier Visa Card credit score, benefits and customer service are listed here to help you come to a well-informed decision about whether or not the card is right for you.
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
If you’re on the fence about submitting a Disney Premier Visa Card application, be sure you've considered all of your options. If you're looking for a travel or cash back credit card, there are other alternatives that might be a better fit for your needs.
PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature
Capital One Quicksilver Rewards
American Express Marriott Bonvoy Business Card
Capital One VentureOne Rewards
Capital One Quicksilver Student Rewards
American Express Delta SkyMiles Gold Card
Bank of America Premium Rewards Card
PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature
Capital One Venture X
Chase Ink Business Preferred
Mastercard Titanium Card
Disney Premier Visa Card
PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card
American Express Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business Card
Capital One Spark Miles Select
U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card
American Express Delta SkyMiles Platinum Card
Credit One Bank Platinum Rewards Visa
Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card
American Express Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business Card
Alliant Credit Union Visa Platinum Card
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
American Express Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card
Capital One Spark Miles
Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards Visa
Capital One Spark Cash Select
Bank of America BankAmericard
Credit One Bank Platinum Visa
Capital One Spark Cash Select - Good Credit
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
Disney Visa Card
Chase Sapphire Reserve
Mastercard Black Card
Chase British Airways Visa Signature
Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card
American Express Hilton Honors Surpass Card
Credit One Bank Platinum Visa for Rebuilding Credit
American Express Hilton Honors Business Card
Capital One Platinum Secured Card
American Express Hilton Honors Card
Learn more about credit cards in general
- Chase. "How often is your credit score updated?." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Chase. "Let's get started." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Chase. "Our Most Popular Rewards Cards." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Chase. "Stress less with Travel, Purchase and Fraud Protection." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. "Credit card agreement database." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "Create memories with the Disney® Visa® Credit Cards from Chase." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "Disney® Visa® Credit Cards." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "General Questions about Disney Rewards." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "Make Your Celebration Special with the Disney®Premier Visa®Card." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- J.D. Power. "While Many U.S. Credit Card Issuers Struggle to Meet Evolving Customer Expectations, Some Bright Spots Exist, J.D. Power Finds.." Accessed April 13, 2022.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.