The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Disney® Premier Visa® Card
A great rewards card to make the most of your Disney purchases
- NoneRewards Rate
- 15.50% – 23.50% VariableAPR
- $0Annual Fee
- ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek's methodology and review process are based on a comprehensive, multi-step strategy for data gathering, analysis and ratings in order to obtain accurate data from a wide variety of credit card categories. Our approach includes an approximation of a card's three-year value and a regular re-ranking procedure after an in-depth analysis of average spending habits and other incentives offered by different credit card providers.
The Disney® Premier Visa® Card benefits include earning Disney Rewards Dollars rather than cash back. Disney Rewards Dollars can be used to buy almost anything at most Disney stores as well as airline statement credits. Despite the fact that you can earn bonus points for a variety of purchases, the Disney Premier Visa benefits and rewards redemption possibilities are somewhat limited. Though it can help you save money on your Disney vacation, it has some restrictions that may only make it worth it for committed Disney fans.
Disney® Premier Visa® Card Overview
The Disney® Premier Visa® Card offers a $300 statement credit once you spend $1,000 on purchases during the first three months of having your card. This will make up for the card's $49 annual charge for the first year. Additionally, customers who want to maximize the Disney® Premier Visa® Card benefits can take advantage of the following bonuses and rewards.
- $49 annual fee
- Earn $300 as statement credit upon spending $1,000 on purchases in the first three months
- Get 5% in Disney Rewards Dollars when you use your card directly at DisneyPlus.com, Hulu.com or ESPNPlus.com
- Get 2% in Rewards Dollars at most Disney locations, restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations
- Get 1% in Rewards Dollars on all other purchases
- Redeem Rewards Dollars at most Disney locations for shopping, dining, movies, theme park tickets, resort stays and more
- Redeem Rewards Dollars as for a statement credit to cover airline travel purchases
- Intro 0% APR on select Disney vacation packages for six months
- Get 10% off select merchandise at select locations at Disneyland, Walt Disney World Resorts and on board Disney Cruise Line ships
- Get 10% off at select dining locations on most days at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
- Get 15% off select guided tours at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
- Get 10% off select purchases at shopDisney.com
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- Baggage delay insurance
- Purchase protection
- Extended warranty protection
Important Card Details
Before you apply for any credit card, it’s important to understand the fine print to ensure you aren’t caught off-guard by fees or charges. Here are the details you need to know about the Disney® Premier Visa® Card before applying.
The $49 annual fee for the Disney® Premier Visa® Card is geared toward consumers who adore all things Disney and want privileges linked to Disney destinations and goods.
From the date of purchase, cardmembers receive a 0% promo APR for six months on select Disney vacation packages. Then, a variable APR of 19.24% – 28.24% applies.
Foreign Transaction Fee
Fees for foreign transactions using a Disney® Premier Visa® Card are 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars.
Depending on your purchases, you can earn anywhere from 1% to 2% rewards on your purchases.
Beyond the perks and bonuses, the Disney® Premier Visa® Card offers additional features that make the card worth considering as an option for your wallet. Here are some of its top features.
- Security features: The majority of this card's security measures are tied to Visa's offerings. You can request a replacement card from Visa and get an emergency card within three business days.
- Customer support: Cardholders can contact customer care at 1-800-300-8575 if they have any questions about their Disney® Premier Visa® Card application, Disney Rewards Redemption Card or card-related concerns.
- Mobile banking app option: Customers can use the Chase mobile banking app for iOS and Android since the Disney® Premier Visa® Card is linked to Chase.
How the Disney® Premier Visa® Card Compares To Other Cards
The Disney® Premier Visa® Card offers excellent benefits for people who love Disney. However, to determine if it’s actually the best rewards card for you, comparing it to another card will enable you to make a more informed decision.
How the Disney® Premier Visa® Card Compares
Disney® Premier Visa® Card
- Annual fee: $49
- Regular APR: 19.24% – 28.24% (Variable)
- Rewards rate: 1%–2%
- Welcome offer: $300 statement credit after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Best for: Disney fans who want a card with a great welcome bonus that gives them access to Disney-related perks by using the card for purchases across a wide range of categories
Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Annual fee: $0
- Regular APR: 20.49% – 29.24% (Variable)
- Rewards rate: 1%–5%
- Welcome offer: $200 bonus
- Best for: Those who are looking for a no-annual-fee package and the capacity to handle almost all of their credit card spendings without charging an outrageous amount.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Chase. "How often is your credit score updated?." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Chase. "Let's get started." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Chase. "Our Most Popular Rewards Cards." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Chase. "Stress less with Travel, Purchase and Fraud Protection." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. "Credit card agreement database." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "Create memories with the Disney® Visa® Credit Cards from Chase." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "Disney® Visa® Credit Cards." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "General Questions about Disney Rewards." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- Disney. "Make Your Celebration Special with the Disney®Premier Visa®Card." Accessed April 13, 2022.
- https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/visa-card/. "J.D. Power." Accessed April 13, 2022.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.