The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Mastercard® Titanium Card™
Best rewards credit card for luxury travel/hotel perks
- 1–2 Points per $1*Rewards Rate
- 19.99% VariableAPR
- $195Annual Fee
- ExcellentRecommended Credit
The MoneyGeek credit card review process entails assessing various factors across different providers. The steps followed in the process include gathering credit card details from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, generating standard data points and ideal spend profiles, checking the type of bonuses provided and continuously assessing each card’s data on a monthly basis.
When shopping around for the best card, you may be hesitant to make a choice given the wide array of options available. MoneyGeek researched the Mastercard® Titanium Card™ benefits to help you make the right decision. The card has $0 fraud liability protection, so you will only pay for authorized transactions. However, it’s important to note that you could pay high annual fees for it and may need to have good credit to get it.
Mastercard® Titanium Card™ Overview
One benefit of being a Mastercard® Titanium Card™ customer is that you will receive several rewards and bonuses.
- 2% rewards rate for airfare redemptions, with no seat restrictions or blackout dates
- 1% rewards rate for cash back redemptions
- Standard reward rate of one point per dollar spent
- Luxury perks included, such as a concierge service and coverage for baggage delays, trip cancellations and interruptions and rental car collisions
Important Card Details
Although this card has a 0% APR introductory fee and no foreign transaction fees, one of its drawbacks is the high annual fee. That makes it less favorable for individuals with average or low credit. Despite this drawback, the Mastercard® Titanium Card™ benefits most individuals looking for the best perks and rewards.
Annual FeesMastercard® Titanium Card™ customers pay a $195 annual fee from the day they get the card and $95 for each authorized user. Unlike other cards, you will not get a waiver for the first year. However, the card has an array of benefits that may not be found in a single card, including those that do not charge an annual fee.
0% APR on Balance Transfer
The Mastercard® Titanium Card™ has an APR of 19.99% on purchases, which is high. However, cardholders receive a 0% APR on the first 45 days of account opening for balance transfers.
Cash Advance Fees
With this card, you will pay a cash advance fee of at least $10 or 5% of the amount. That means if you get a cash advance of $500, you will pay $15. This is 3% of the amount instead of the $10.
Late Payment Fees
Luxury Card charges a late fee of up to $39 for the Mastercard® Titanium Card™.
Balance Transfer Fee
You will pay 3% of the amount transferred as fees for this card. For instance, if you transfer $100 from another card, you will be charged $3.
Aside from the rewards and benefits of the Mastercard® Titanium Card™, users also enjoy various other unique features.
- Global customer service: If you lose your card, you can report to the Luxury Card customer service at any time and request for emergency replacement or a cash advance.
- Travel assistance: For cardholders traveling at least 50 miles from home, Luxury Card’s travel assistance service offers medical assistance and referral services throughout the time of travel.
- Fraud Liability Protection: Apart from identity theft protection, the card also offers $0 fraud liability protection. That means you will only pay for authorized transactions from your card and won’t be responsible if someone else makes unauthorized payments with it.
How the Mastercard® Titanium Card™ Compares To Other Cards
The Mastercard® Titanium Card™ is one of the few options that combine several benefits and rewards into one card. If you have exceptional credit, you can take advantage of the card’s travel perks to enjoy the best services. However, you can only earn good points with the card depending on how much you spend using it.
How the Mastercard® Titanium Card™ Compares
Mastercard® Titanium Card™
- Annual fee: $195
- Purchase APR: 19.99% variable
- Intro APR offer: 0%
- Rewards: One point for every dollar
- Foreign transaction fee: $0
- Cash back rate: 3% on purchases
- Mini Verdict: Good option for lower purchase APR and no international transaction rates
Capital One VentureOne Rewards
- Annual fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 19.99% – 29.99% variable
- Intro APR offer: 0%
- Rewards: 1.25 miles for every dollar
- Foreign transaction fee: $0
- Mini Verdict: Best for applicants looking for an option with no annual fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Luxury Card. "Mastercard® Titanium Card™ Benefits." Accessed August 26, 2021.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.