The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Mastercard® Gold Card™
A great card for people who’re looking at premium benefits
- 2% Cash BackRewards Rate
- 19.99% VariableAPR
- $995Annual Fee
- ExcellentRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek follows a thorough methodology when reviewing credit cards. Our study is based on information collected from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau along with other factors such as standardized data points, estimated average spend profiles, annual and introductory bonuses and re-ranking process. We also re-rank our cards regularly to ensure our rankings are up to date.
As one of the most expensive luxury cards on the market, the Mastercard® Gold Card™ has a list of luxurious first-class travel benefits and access to members-only perks. If you don’t mind paying higher annual fees in exchange for luxury concierge services, then this card might be for you. The actual gold-plated card might be a flashy bonus. However, it is not for the average consumer. Other high-end cards offer better benefits and allow more flexibility in terms of using earned points.
Mastercard® Gold Card™ Overview
With the Mastercard® Gold Card™, you can earn one point for every dollar spent on net purchases. Points can be redeemed in several ways.
- $995 annual fee
- Patented 24K-gold-plated stainless steel front
- Access to Luxury Card Concierge, Luxury Card Travel and Luxury Card Experiences
- One reward point per dollar spent on purchases
- Redeem reward points for flight tickets, as cash back or as a statement credit
- VIP airport lounge access with Priority Pass Select
- Airline credits of up to $200 each year
- Airport meet & assist
- No foreign transaction fees
- Travel insurance coverage
- Mobile phone protection
Important Card Details
Before getting a credit card, you should review costs like APR, annual fees and other possible penalties that you might have to pay when you use the card.
The Mastercard® Gold Card™ has a high variable APR of 19.99%. Non-promotional purchases and balance transfer APR have an additional 11.74% after the prime rate. Cash advance APR has an additional 21.99% after the prime rate. The prime rate varies based on the highest prime rate on the last business day of each month as listed in The Wall Street Journal.
0% Introductory APR for Balance Transfers
A 0% introductory APR applies on balance transfers made within 45 days of opening. After 15 billing cycles, the APR will be 19.99%, which will vary based on the prime rate.
This card charges a hefty $995 annual fee. It also costs $295 for each authorized user.
Foreign Transaction Fee
There is no foreign transaction fee for this card.
If you are late on a payment, you’ll pay a $39 fee.
The Mastercard® Gold Card™ has an extensive list of features and benefits to consider that set it apart from other cards in the space.
- Cellular Telephone Protection: Using the card to pay your telephone bill automatically provides coverage for damage and theft, as well as yearly coverage for phone repairs.
- Travel Accident and Baggage Delay: In case of baggage delay of four hours from the time of arrival, you are eligible for a reimbursement of covered items up to $100 a day for a maximum of three days. In case of a travel accident, you will receive up to $250,000 coverage at no additional cost.
- Access to Porsche Experience Centers: Cardmembers who book a 90-minute driving experience at either the Atlanta or Los Angeles Porsche Experience Center can take advantage of exclusive perks and personalized coaching.
- Luxury Card Experiences: As a card member, you get privileged access to exclusive events. However, this is subject to availability. The Luxury Card is not very clear about which kind of experiences are included in this benefit.
- Golf Program: If you’ve been wanting to take up golf, having this card gives you access to golf travel experiences, tournaments and private club courses.
How the Mastercard® Gold Card™ Compares To Other Cards
Other travel rewards credit cards come with a cheaper annual fee or no fee. If you are really looking for experiences and first-class access, you might consider the Titanium or Black Credit Card. This offers almost the same luxury card benefits as the Mastercard® Gold Card™.
How the Mastercard® Gold Card™ Compares
Mastercard® Gold Card™
- Annual Fee: $995
- Purchase APR: 19.99% variable
- International Transaction Fee: 0%
- Rewards Rate: Two cents per dollar
- Best For: Affluent travelers looking for an exclusive card that offers luxury perks
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card
- Annual Fee: $250
- Purchase APR: 20.74% – 289.74% variable
- International Transaction Fee: 0%
- Rewards Rate: One to three miles per $1
- Best For: Frequent Delta passengers looking to rack up points for free travel
Frequently Asked Questions
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.