The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
- Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit
An ideal card for rebuilding your credit without paying a security deposit.
- NoneRewards Rate
- See terms*APR
- See terms*Annual Fee
- Fair–GoodRecommended Credit
MoneyGeek follows a data-driven and unbiased methodology in developing comprehensive reviews and head-to-head comparisons of over 106 credit cards that are currently available in the market. We do this by independently gathering data from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau’s database, standardizing data points for easy comparison, estimating average spend profiles, determining long-term value and regularly conducting data review and re-ranking.
Building one’s credit can take time and effort. It also doesn’t help that most card issuers use an applicant’s credit score as the basis for their creditworthiness and likelihood of repaying a loan.
Luckily, there is the option to apply for Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit. This is a credit card designed for people with poor credit or no credit at all. It reports to the three major credit bureaus, helping you build toward excellent credit if you make payments on time and keep your balance low. Being that it is an unsecured card, a security deposit is not required.
Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit Overview
- Applying for this card does not require a security deposit.
- It reports your payment history to three major credit bureaus and helps build your creditworthiness.
- Annual fees you end up paying depend on your credit score.
- It comes with fraud protection.
- It offers 24/7 online account management.
Important Card Details
MoneyGeek gives you a quick overview of the Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit’s benefits, fees and interest rates to help you decide if this card matches your needs.
The table below shows the cash back rewards rates, APRs, fees and other data included in the fine print to give you a clear picture of how this card stacks up against other cards.
This card's APR (see terms*) is considered fairly high compared to other credit cards in the market.
Late Payment APR and Fee
Generally, a cardholder is given 21 days to pay the credit card balance in full before being charged any interest. Once this grace period ends, you will already be charged a late payment fee. With Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit, late or returned payments incur a fee of up to $41. This is higher than the average late payment fee of $5 or 5% of the balance transfer amount (whichever is greater), and up to $41 than most credit card issuers charge.
Cash Advance APR and Fee
If you need to withdraw a sum of cash immediately, Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit offers a cash advance feature. You’ll enjoy a 0% cash advance fee on your first year, but a 5% fee will be charged on succeeding years. This also comes with a very steep cash advance APR of 35.90%.
The Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit features several Mastercard-linked perks and benefits that its cardholders can enjoy. These are included at no additional cost.
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection: This security feature provides thorough identity monitoring covering your social security number, email addresses, debit cards, credit cards, bank accounts, usernames and passwords for web logins, and much more. It also gives you access to a wide range of identity theft resolution services that help detect fraud at its inception. Credit monitoring will also be performed using a single bureau, TransUnion, so cardholders will be alerted and can take immediate action at the first sign of identity theft, thereby minimizing overall damage.
- Zero-Liability Fraud Protection: Cardholders can have peace of mind knowing that they will not be held responsible for unauthorized transactions.
- Mastercard Global Service: Aside from being accepted globally, this card also offers 24/7 assistance worldwide with lost and stolen card reporting, emergency card replacement and emergency cash advance.
- Mastercard Airport Concierge: Cardholders can enjoy the benefit of a 15% discount on airport meet and greet services, which are available 24/7 in 700 destinations worldwide.
How the Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit Compares To Other Cards
The Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit didn’t make it to our list of 2022’s top-rated credit cards for bad credit. But, it’s still a good option to have in one’s financial toolkit, especially for those with poor credit and those having difficulty getting approved for loans, including credit cards. That said, how this card compares to other cards depends on what you are looking for and how you intend to use your credit card.
Below we feature a head-to-head comparison of Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit and Total Visa® Card, another credit card backed by the Bank of Missouri that also targets individuals with poor credit history.
How the Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit Compares
Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit
- Annual fee: See terms*
- Regular APR: See terms*
- Cash advance fee: $5 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash advance APR: 35.90%
- Best for: Best for people with poor to average credit who want to rebuild their credit score without paying a security deposit.
Total Visa® Card
- Annual fee: $48
- Regular APR: 35.99%
- Cash advance fee: 3% or $10, whichever is greater
- Cash advance APR: 35.99%
- Best for: Ideal for consumers with poor, fair or no credit who want to build or rebuild their credit score without paying a security deposit.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Milestonegoldcard.com. "Why Choose Milestone Mastercard?." Accessed April 11, 2022.
- Milestonegoldcard.com. "Frequently Asked Questions." Accessed April 11, 2022.
- Milestonegoldcard.com. "Mastercard Guide to Benefits for Credit Cardholders." Accessed April 11, 2022.
- Milestone. "Contact Us." Accessed April 11, 2022.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.