The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Building one’s credit can take time and effort. It also doesn’t help that most card issuers use an applicant’s credit score as the basis for their creditworthiness and likelihood of repaying a loan.
Luckily, there is the option to apply for Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit. This is a credit card designed for people with poor credit or no credit at all. It reports to the three major credit bureaus, helping you build toward excellent credit if you make payments on time and keep your balance low. Being that it is an unsecured card, a security deposit is not required.
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Has Rewarding Welcome Offer
- Recommended CreditFair–Good
Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit at a Glance
The Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit is an excellent option for people who want to rebuild their credit without paying a security deposit. As long as you pay your balances on time, you’ll see a positive effect on your credit reports issued by the three major credit bureaus. Additionally, pre-qualifying for the card doesn’t negatively impact your credit score.
Since this is a Mastercard-affiliated card, you may use it globally. Fraud protection also ensures that you’re not held responsible if your card is lost or stolen.
- Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit
An ideal card for rebuilding your credit without paying a security deposit.
- Fair–GoodRecommended Credit
- See terms*Annual Fee
- 3# of Reporting Bureaus
- See terms*APR
Pros & Cons Explained
In this review, MoneyGeek outlines the potential benefits and drawbacks of having a Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit either as a supplement to your other cards or as your first credit card. You can then weigh these pros and cons when evaluating your financial goals.
- Ideal for rebuilding creditMilestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit gives individuals with less than stellar credit histories a chance to redeem their scores by maintaining a consistent payment record.
- Doesn’t require a security depositThis is an unsecured credit card which means that you don’t have to deal with the added stress of paying a significant amount of cash upfront as your security deposit.
- Reports to three major credit bureausYour card payment history is reported to three major credit bureaus. As long as you pay your balances on time, you’ll see a positive effect on your credit reports and this helps build your creditworthiness over time.
- Charges creditworthiness-based annual feesYour credit profile will determine your annual fees. The lower your FICO score, the higher your annual fees will be.
- Cash advance feesYou’ll be charged a $5 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.
- Has foreign transaction feesThere is a 1% foreign transaction fee that is charged per transaction when you use this card outside of the U.S. Note that you should first call 1-800-305-0330 to notify them of your intention to use your card overseas so they can set a travel alert.
The Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit is not one of our top picks for the best credit cards for people with bad credit. For better options, you may check out our list of best credit cards for bad credit in 2022.
Other Features Explained
The Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit features several Mastercard-linked perks and benefits that its cardholders can enjoy. These are included at no additional cost.
- Card FeatureDescription
- Mastercard ID Theft ProtectionThis security feature provides thorough identity monitoring covering your social security number, email addresses, debit cards, credit cards, bank accounts, usernames and passwords for web logins, and much more. It also gives you access to a wide range of identity theft resolution services that help detect fraud at its inception. Credit monitoring will also be performed using a single bureau, TransUnion, so cardholders will be alerted and can take immediate action at the first sign of identity theft, thereby minimizing overall damage.
- Zero-Liability Fraud ProtectionCardholders can have peace of mind knowing that they will not be held responsible for unauthorized transactions.
- Mastercard Global ServiceAside from being accepted globally, this card also offers 24/7 assistance worldwide with lost and stolen card reporting, emergency card replacement and emergency cash advance.
To benefit from the credit-building capacity of this card, ensure that your account is not past due on the last day of each billing cycle. Doing so will reflect well on your credit report, which is sent monthly to Experian, Equifax and TransUnion.
Understanding the Fine Print
MoneyGeek gives you a quick overview of the Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit’s benefits, fees and interest rates to help you decide if this card matches your needs.
The table below shows the cash back rewards rates, APRs, fees and other data included in the fine print to give you a clear picture of how this card stacks up against other cards.
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- APRSee terms*
- Annual FeeSee terms*
- Balance Transfer FeeUnspecified
- Balance Transfer APRUnspecified
- Late FeesUp to $41
This card's APR (see terms*) is considered fairly high compared to other credit cards in the market.
Late Payment APR and Fee
Generally, a cardholder is given 21 days to pay the credit card balance in full before being charged any interest. Once this grace period ends, you will already be charged a late payment fee. With Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit, late or returned payments incur a fee of up to $41. This is higher than the average late payment fee of $5 or 5% of the balance transfer amount (whichever is greater), and up to $41 than most credit card issuers charge.
Cash Advance APR and Fee
If you need to withdraw a sum of cash immediately, Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit offers a cash advance feature. You’ll enjoy a 0% cash advance fee on your first year, but a 5% fee will be charged on succeeding years. This also comes with a very steep cash advance APR of 35.90%.
When comparing this card with other credit-building cards, you must not be blindsided by fees. Always be mindful of the APR and fees, especially those associated with late payment.
You will find all important information regarding your credit card and fees on your last billing statement or on your Milestone Mastercard online account, as well as on Milestone’s website. You may also check out the credit card agreement database maintained by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit?
Other Considerations for Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit
Let’s go over a few important factors before you decide whether to move forward and apply for a Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit. Whether you are planning to make it your first card or you are considering it as an additional line of credit, MoneyGeek can help.
Things to Consider if This Will Be Your First or Only Credit Card
If the Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit will be your first or only credit card, it should serve one primary purpose: building your credit. Your FICO score determines your credit limit, so if you have been plagued by bad credit, you might need to lower your expectations regarding your credit limit. With a Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit, your borrowing limit could be as low as $700.
Also, keep in mind that this card carries a relatively high APR for purchases and cash advances beyond the first year, and it doesn’t have the option for balance transfers, rewards and cash back. If you prioritize perks and rewards, consider your other options.
Things to Consider if This Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
If you’ve already successfully qualified for other cards, it might be best to apply for an additional card aside from Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit. Consider one that offers better rates and lower fees.
We also advise that you focus on building your credit by not getting an additional card to pair with your Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit. This card has quite a hefty annual fee and associated charges. Pairing it with another card that also has significant fees can most likely outweigh the advantages.
MoneyGeek follows a data-driven and unbiased methodology in developing comprehensive reviews and head-to-head comparisons of over 106 credit cards that are currently available in the market. We do this by independently gathering data from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau’s database, standardizing data points for easy comparison, estimating average spend profiles, determining long-term value and regularly conducting data review and re-ranking.
How Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit Compares to Other Cards
The Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit didn’t make it to our list of 2022’s top-rated credit cards for bad credit. But, it’s still a good option to have in one’s financial toolkit, especially for those with poor credit and those having difficulty getting approved for loans, including credit cards. That said, how this card compares to other cards depends on what you are looking for and how you intend to use your credit card.
Below we feature a head-to-head comparison of Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit and Total Visa® Card, another credit card backed by the Bank of Missouri that also targets individuals with poor credit history.
Quick Comparison of Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit
Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit
- Annual fee: See terms*
- Regular APR: See terms*
- Cash advance fee: $5 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash advance APR: 35.90%
- Best for: Best for people with poor to average credit who want to rebuild their credit score without paying a security deposit.
Total Visa® Card
- Annual fee: $48
- Regular APR: 35.99%
- Cash advance fee: 3% or $10, whichever is greater
- Cash advance APR: 35.99%
- Best for: Ideal for consumers with poor, fair or no credit who want to build or rebuild their credit score without paying a security deposit.
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
Here are answers to several frequently asked questions about Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit that might help you decide whether this card is right for you.
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
If you are still unsure about how this card fits your lifestyle and overall spending habits, consider taking a look at our top picks for credit cards for people with bad credit. Review their offerings against the Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit. Also, depending on your intended use for the card, you may benefit more from a balance transfer credit card or a secured credit card.
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Card for Students
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card
Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
British Airways Visa Signature® Card
Discover it® chrome Credit Card
Discover it® Student chrome
Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
NHL® Discover it®
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®
BankAmericard® credit card
Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
BankAmericard® Secured Credit Card
Wells Fargo Reflect® Card
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Bank of America® Platinum Plus® Mastercard® Business card
Bank of America® Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card
Amazon Business Card
Discover it® Miles
Discover it® Secured Credit Card
Capital One Platinum Credit Card
The Plum Card® from American Express
Credit One Bank® Platinum X5 Visa®
Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card
U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card
Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
United Club℠ Infinite Card
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card
United℠ Explorer Card
USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
USAA® Rate Advantage Visa Platinum® Card
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp® Card
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Secured Card
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
BankAmericard® Credit Card for Students
Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
United Quest℠ Card
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature cashRewards Card
Mastercard® Gold Card™
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
Milestone Mastercard® - $700 Credit Limit
Journey Student Rewards from Capital One
Mastercard® Black Card™
Chase Freedom Flex℠
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Learn more about credit cards in general
- Milestonegoldcard.com. "Why Choose Milestone Mastercard?." Accessed April 11, 2022.
- Milestonegoldcard.com. "Frequently Asked Questions." Accessed April 11, 2022.
- Milestonegoldcard.com. "Mastercard Guide to Benefits for Credit Cardholders." Accessed April 11, 2022.
- Milestone. "Contact Us." Accessed April 11, 2022.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses and recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. Learn more about our editorial policies and expert editorial team.
Advertiser Disclosure: MoneyGeek has partnered with CardRatings.com and CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyGeek, CardRatings and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. To ensure thorough comparisons and reviews, MoneyGeek features products from both paid partners and unaffiliated card issuers that are not paid partners.